Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCAN produce LEMON 3XS TRIAD system - approx. £2,500 down the drain

Registered+
    Thanks
    • iwtone's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Striker Extreme (currently missing!)
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8500 XMS2 DOMINATOR 1066
      • Storage:
      • 800Gb (2 x 400Gb Samsung)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 8800 GTX

Thumbs down Re: SCAN produce LEMON 3XS TRIAD system - approx. £2,500 down the drain

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    Update

We have contacted the customer and although he is in his second year and only has RTB warranty as previously discussed we have offered to collect his PC at Scans cost and there would only be a charge if anything was out of warranty. We have offered to retest and fully configure his computer to get this issues sorted.

Unfortunately the customer declined our offer as it seems he wants a different motherboard.

I will update thread when Ben is available to comment and speak with the customer.
    Sanjay called me, and asked if we could check the BIOS settings... <include your own expletives>

So Sanjay has clearly not been briefed that I can't do anything with the BIOS because I don't have the board.

There then ensued a discussion of unknown costs regarding getting the system working again... so I asked Sanjay if he would ask Ben to call me. Sanjay agreed.

BEN - ARE YOU EVER GOING TO CALL ME?

Registered+
    Thanks
    • iwtone's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 8800 GTX

Re: SCAN produce LEMON 3XS TRIAD system - approx. £2,500 down the drain

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    iwtone

I wrote a lot more than what you commented on in response, maybe the quoted parts are all you chose to take on board :/ ,

But basically the point was - We have taken on board your comments and will act upon them to resolve this problem as quickly as possible ....... " We intend to change your current opinion "

Best Regards
    "We intend to change your current opinion"

Chris, can you please let me know the name of the managing director?

Thanks

iwtone

The Managing Director is unobtainable directly for queries such as this. You can if you wish put this into writing addressed for my attention; however everything has already been outlined through your posts through this forum.

I am more than willing to speak to you directly to discuss this if you wish?

We have already offered to collect your system out of it's warranty period to service your system in house, what else can we do?

I have no inclination in arguing backwards and forwards, who is right, who is wrong. This is not what the thread should be about  .. Let’s move forward, instead round and round in circles… -

We are currently re-testing your Motherboard, if we fail to find a fault with the board then clearly we need to get your system back to SCAN to perform further tests.

I recommend that you re-consider our offer to collect your system so we can service, diagnose and resolve the faults and ship out a fully working system, which I am confident can be done swiftly once we have the system in our workshop with professional engineers working on your system - There is only so much that we can do through telephone support.

I understand your frustration and anger, even though I am not dismissing your feelings all I am saying is help us to help you…

You have an issue – Let us collect your system and resolve the issue..

If you refuse for us to collect and service your system then there is nothing more we can do for you.

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 09-06-2008 at 03:03 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • iwtone's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 8800 GTX

iwtone

The Managing Director is unobtainable directly for queries such as this. You can if you wish put this into writing addressed for my attention; however everything has already been outlined through your posts through this forum.

I am more than willing to speak to you directly to discuss this if you wish?

We have already offered to collect your system out of it's warranty period to service your system in house, what else can we do?

I have no inclination in arguing backwards and forwards, who is right, who is wrong. This is not what the thread should be about  .. Let’s move forward, instead round and round in circles… -

We are currently re-testing your Motherboard, if we fail to find a fault with the board then clearly we need to get your system back to SCAN to perform further tests.

I recommend that you re-consider our offer to collect your system so we can service, diagnose and resolve the faults and ship out a fully working system, which I am confident can be done swiftly once we have the system in our workshop with professional engineers working on your system.

I understand your frustration and anger, even though I am not dismissing your feelings all I am saying is help us to help you…

You have an issue – Let us collect your system and resolve the issue..

If you refuse for us to collect and service your system then there is nothing more we can do for you.

Regards
    Fine, please call me. I'm concerned about unknown out of warranty costs. I'd like to get some idea as to how much I may have to pay?

Thanks

iwtone

Following our conversation, we have agreed to arrange collection of the system tomorrow, at our cost. The system will be returned to SCAN to be serviced, the issues resolved and re-dispatched in working order at our cost. All parts should be covered through warranty and only faulty products no longer covered under warranty would be chargeable.

IF we are unable to resolve these issues using a replacement board of the same model as currently fitted, we will then look into using an alternative like for like board, which will be at our discretion.

If we are able to resolve these issues using a replacement board of the same model then an alternative motherboard cannot be offered.

Further details will be confirmed shortly via E-mail.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 09-06-2008 at 04:14 PM.

OC Junkie!
    Thanks
    • Wiczy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS M6H 1203
      • CPU:
      • 4770k @ 4.5
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo Pro 128 + MX100 256 + C300 64 + Assorted Mechanical Drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 290X OC WF
      • PSU:
      • XFX 650W XXX Pro
      • Case:
      • old noname
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Q2770 PQU + LG WG2353V
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet Unlimited Fibre 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    No one is getting ignored and it does not help you putting usless information that simply does not help this situation. We are dealing with this thread and the issues we are not hear to deal with comments which do not help.

I don't think your companies mission statement is useless information, you obviously do and that is rather worrying. Furthermore if you read the OP's first post he has quite clearly been ignored!

OC Junkie!
    Thanks
    • Wiczy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS M6H 1203
      • CPU:
      • 4770k @ 4.5
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo Pro 128 + MX100 256 + C300 64 + Assorted Mechanical Drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 290X OC WF
      • PSU:
      • XFX 650W XXX Pro
      • Case:
      • old noname
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Q2770 PQU + LG WG2353V
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet Unlimited Fibre 80/20

The Managing Director is unobtainable directly for queries such as this
    What a crock. You just lost four customers.

Thanks

Wiczy

Crock ? Insightful feedback Thanks

An MD of any Company employs staff IE Myself and other relevant depts to resolve issues such as this and to be quite honest the MD is not required to intervene in this case as I and the other depts involved with this thread are perfectly capable of dealing with this issue as we are doing so already. My offer of a call back from myself instead was accepted by the Customer, and excuse my bluntness but I am unsure why you have an issue with this, when you are not involved in the issue anyway? You of course have the right to an opinion, which in this case is WRONG !

The customer has been contacted directly today by myself and the system will be collected tomorrow and this problem will be sorted. We are doing everything we can to resolve this issue - We do not have to collect the system at our cost outside the first year, however we have done as a goodwill gesture because we care about the Customer and want to get this resolved.

Coupled with the fact you do not have all the facts surrounding this issue, however lets get the facts and I will gladly look at the time line of events to understand where we can improve our service in the future. I also would suggest in reserving judgment until this issue HAS been resolved and the customer posts a final opinion, which I am confident will be as positive as possible.

If we lose customers by going the extra mile by collecting a system free of charge at our cost, which we do not have to do, then I guess you are customer(s) who cannot be pleased and will continue to play Retailer tennis.

You seem only content on focusing on the negative and maybe it always rains on you but understand what we are actually doing here to help...

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 09-06-2008 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks
    • RabidDeathGnome's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GB-P35-DS3L
      • CPU:
      • E8400 Core 2 Duo @ 4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 2 GB GEiL Red Dragon
      • Storage:
      • 640GB Samsung F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX alpha dog 8800GT @ 720/1775/2000 with S1/turbo module cooling
      • PSU:
      • 650w Xigmatek moduler
      • Case:
      • TT Armor + CPU watercooling
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP SP3
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" Samsung SyncMaster 2043BW
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 10meg

Quote Originally Posted by Wiczy View Post
    Are you joking? Do you know how much time and hastle an MD would have to put up with if he had to pay attention to every single request? That's the entire point of chrisP. The buck stops with him, not the MD.

I mean come on, SCAN are picking up a system and dropping it back at their own expense. They're also offering free labour the only thing they'll charge for is for stuff outside of a warrenty. How much more can you expect from them?
    Cleavage is like the sun...Quick glances.

Thanks

I am not saying I have more power that the MD - But in this case I have the skills, experience and the passion to resolve this and ANY issue put to me, as does the whole of SCAN - This is what we are here for.

Lets focus on the positive and as I wrote in an earlier post - " MOVE FORWARD "

Last edited by Chris P; 09-06-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

I think there are a few keyboard warriors lurking in this thread especially given ChrisP's response to the issue.

Thanks
    • grayg1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 24GB Patriot Viper 3 (x2 8GB, x2 4GB)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial 240GB M500 | 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Nanoxia DS1

Quote Originally Posted by kinetic View Post
    I think there are a few keyboard warriors lurking in this thread especially given ChrisP's response to the issue.
    we prefer the word "ninja"

Jay
    Thanks

Double post
    Last edited by Jay; 09-06-2008 at 11:13 PM.
    □ΞVΞ□

Jay
    Thanks

iwtone

Following our conversation, we have agreed to arrange collection of the system tomorrow, at our cost. The system will be returned to SCAN to be serviced, the issues resolved and re-dispatched in working order at our cost. All parts should be covered through warranty and only faulty products no longer covered under warranty would be chargeable.

IF we are unable to resolve these issues using a replacement board of the same model as currently fitted, we will then look into using an alternative like for like board, which will be at our discretion.

If we are able to resolve these issues using a replacement board of the same model then an alternative motherboard cannot be offered.

Further details will be confirmed shortly via E-mail.

Best Regards
    To be fair there has been a few cock ups here by Scan (Ben never calling back is a massive one) but the above quote shows that Scan are still one of the best out there. Try doing this with PC world, they would laugh at you.

As for wanting to talk to the MD... its a bit stupid really. I work directly with our MD and if a call went to him about this he would instantly pass it me, no matter what. The same would go at Scan. He would just pass you to a person he employs to deal with the issue, his job is to manage the company not the customers. I would say that the top tech staff at Scan would have more say than the MD in this situation.

There are faults on all sides but after reading through this I am happy to say, in my eyes, Scan have eventually done a good job here and if you look through my other posts you will see that I call a spade a spade.

Don’t forget that the Scan team on this forum are just doing their job, they can only go as far as the Scan operating procedures will allow. I have dealt with ChrisP before on a few items, both over the phone and on this forum and he has always done his best, so don't be too harsh on them. As Baden-Powell once said "softly softly catchy monkey" in other words If you ask for help, people will help. If you demand it people will tend to become defensive. Its a natural response.
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks

glad to see some resolution coming.
    as ChrisP says we are not party to all the communication regarding this, and it seems a lot back and forth. Anyway its progressing which is ultimately the main thing.

i think i have some ninja keyboard warriors under my left control key, its been acting up for a while now (disclaimer: keyboard is out of warranty and i do not expect it to be collected for free repair! - Logitech 350OEM highly recommended its taken 3yrs of hammering!)

EDIT: blame it on the wine, its the only way I can read all this post, sorry!

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Wiczy View Post
    Scan has went out on a limb here to resolve the issue, I'd hardly call that a "crock", what more can they do?.. Offer a brand new system for free? I don't have to say that'd be entirely unreasonable, do I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

17. Received thanks from:

Chris P (16-06-2008)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information