Thread: warrenty on Gigabyte motherboards

Thanks

warrenty on Gigabyte motherboards

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte motherboard that I bought back in June '07. Its started giving me real problems, actually been on going but getting progressivly worse to the point that last night its been unusable.

So I've checked my paper work and I have the receipt. Thing is I was wondering how long the warranty is with Gigabyte motherboards?. I think its 2 years but it might be 3, is there a standard with Scan or with Gigabyte?, its a GA965-DS3P motherboard.

edit:

Yep tried latest drivers, but why all of a sudden it goes to mostly working to real bad I dont know, nothing changed. OS restore doesnt help.

Thanks

Re: warrenty on Gigabyte motherboardse

Duration: 24 months
    Type: Return to base
    DOA Period: 28 days
    RTB Period: 24 months
    Manufacturer Contact Details

Manufacturer:

2 years warranty, return to Scan subject to manufacturer's warranty.

This Warranty does not cover any damage due to abnormal use or conditions, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, improper handling or storage, exposure to moisture, unauthorized modifications, alterations, or repairs, improper installation, improper use of any electrical source, undue physical or electrical stress, operator error, non-compliance with instructions.

Thanks

Thanks for posting Chris, appreciate the quick response..

4. Received thanks from:

Chris P (26-07-2008)

Thanks

Chris,

would love to thank you but cant work out how, anyway do you happen to know what the turn around is with Gigabyte?

Thanks

Re: warrenty on Gigabyte motherboards

2 months ago i had to return a mortherboard to gigabyte and you email them asking for a Rma then they send you a form in they reply to you wich you fill out and within same day (mine was 3hours) you get the Rma number ,Only thing i did not like is that you have to put a cheque for £10 to cover return cost. But sent it back on a tuesday and had it back on the friday so mine was only 5 working days

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danishwonder View Post
    2 months ago i had to return a mortherboard to gigabyte and you email them asking for a Rma then they send you a form in they reply to you wich you fill out and within same day (mine was 3hours) you get the Rma number ,Only thing i did not like is that you have to put a cheque for £10 to cover return cost. But sent it back on a tuesday and had it back on the friday so mine was only 5 working days
    Wow 5 day turnaround is amazing, they must have a UK office as there is no way it could get to taiwan and back in that much time.

Thankfully I'm dealing with Scan and not them directly, means I don't need to get involved with the paperwork. That's one of the major reasons I bought from Scan and not a box shifter (one very large one happens to operate in my home town, name of which is just 3 letters, of which two are the same); don't like shopping there and for the same of a few quid would rather travel out of town and go with someone I believe actually cares about the customer and not just the bottom line.

I've dealt with Scan before and previously my experience was positive, I'll you posted how it goes this time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    Wow 5 day turnaround is amazing, they must have a UK office as there is no way it could get to taiwan and back in that much time.

Thankfully I'm dealing with Scan and not them directly, means I don't need to get involved with the paperwork. That's one of the major reasons I bought from Scan and not a box shifter (one very large one happens to operate in my home town, name of which is just 3 letters, of which two are the same); don't like shopping there and for the same of a few quid would rather travel out of town and go with someone I believe actually cares about the customer and not just the bottom line.

I've dealt with Scan before and previously my experience was positive, I'll you posted how it goes this time.
    Its only what scan will do and though scan it will take longer gigabyte RMA service is in UK thats why you will be better not going though scan.
    My Mortherboard was also from scan.As for paper work its nothing .Few details liek your address ,where board brought from and last the s/n number wich you get from the board.
    I will would take my hat for scan if they can turn you board around in that time
    Let us know
    thanks

Thanks

HOLY COW THAT WAS QUICK!

I walked in, showed the guy at he desk my print outs from my event log, explained the issue, bought a new mouse and walked out with a new motherboard. Now THAT is what I call customer service!

Now if only they could do something about the 2hour round trip to them and back :-D

Still just confirmed why I believe Scan are truly at the cutting edge of customer service, and also why I'll spend my hard earned money with them rather than their competitor who operate in my home town.

Well done Scan and the team at Scan HQ, another satisfied customer....now to install the MB (knowing my luck it'll be DOA) :-)

Thread Information