Thread: Paid £29.12 for Saturday delivery - it arrived Friday whilst I was at work!

Thanks

Paid £29.12 for Saturday delivery - it arrived Friday whilst I was at work!

Hello,

I was very surprised to find that upon returning home from work today (Friday), there was a card from CityLink stating they'd tried to deliver a parcel to me - the consignment number matched that in my order from Scan, E1166751.

I paid significantly more to have the order delivered by 12pm Saturday (almost £30), but this money has just gone to waste. The standard next day delivery would have been around £20 cheaper.

I am highly unlikely to order from Scan in the future unless the matter is resolved satisfactorily (a refund of the postage difference between "next working day" and "guaranteed Saturday delivery" service would be reasonable).

I appreciate that when a company has so many orders going out, the odd thing can go wrong, and I'm sure there was no intent to wilfully part me from the extra cost of a Saturday delivery, but I would be really pleased if a member of Scan's customer service department could get in touch with me, and restore my faith in their customer service ethic.

In the meantime, I'm off to the local CityLink depot this evening to pick up the package myself.

Mr S Yousaf

Thanks
    • LegacyOne's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4
      • CPU:
      • Intel® Core™ i7 860
      • Memory:
      • 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz CAS 9-9-9-24 XMP
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gainward GTX 295 V2 1792MB
      • PSU:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower 650W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master WaveMaster

Re: Paid £29.12 for Saturday delivery - it arrived Friday whilst I was at work!

Its likely if they can deliver sooner they will try to do so.

You will get your delivery tomorrow for Saturday without paying extra.

Thanks

That might be one way of looking at it, but the card from CityLink stated that they would next deliver on Monday.

The point is that I paid for Guaranteed Saturday delivery, and it appears that Scan have taken the additional money, but only arranged next working day delivery instead.

Thanks

Perhaps our despatch team may have been overly eager on getting your order out promptly for you.

If you can contact us by the correct method (http://web6.scan.co.uk/aspnet/Suppor...px?QueryType=C) - we can check this for you during opening hours, and look into it further.

Thanks

Hi David,

Thanks for offering to look into it.

I initially phoned up at 17:40 (almost literally as I got home), and the automated message advised that I log a support query online, which I did shortly after (between 17:45 - 18:15) with the following feedback:

####
    Query successful.
    Your allocated query number is OLQ648386

We can acknowledge receipt of your online query and a member of our Support Team will contact you shortly. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Please retain the OLQ number and quote in any further conversations.
    ####

I'll phone up this morning and see if we can bring the matter to a suitable resolution.

Thanks

You invoice is indeed mark for Saturday Delivery, although we dispatched this early it should still not effect the delivery date as it is set for Saturday Delivery. I would advise you to call City-Link with the reference and they should redeliver Today. Please let us know if you have any issues and speak with Customer Services as we will find out why this happend

Regards

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks

Hi Paul,

I actually picked up the goods on Friday night, as the CityLink card stated delivery would not be attempted until Monday.

I did speak to Customer Services this morning, the lady I spoke to was very helpful, and dealt with the manner quickly and appropriately to allay my misgivings.

Regards,

Mr S Yousaf

Thanks
    • Dr Cool's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P31-DS3L
      • CPU:
      • E7500
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB Adata 5-5-5-15
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 320GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit 9600GT
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 330
      • Case:
      • Antec Three Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • XP home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2209WA

I have also had similar situations, where I have made many orders for say a Friday from different days in the week and they have all come separately throughout the week.
    Scan FTW

Thanks

littlemonkey

Glad you have this sorted sorry about this.

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thread Information