Thread: How disappointing

Thanks

How disappointing

Invoice E570424

Ordered on Sunday (only because there were little green ticks against the products I ordered). Expected dispatch was Monday according to the confirmation email but today (tuesday) I have no delivery and an email telling me nothing was in stock and I would have to wait till October for order to be complete.

What does the little green tick at "stock" actually mean? This is the very reason I don't like dealing with overclockers. I got fed up making orders with website showing stock yet finding out days later that there was, in fact, no stock to despatch. I NEEDED the stuff today. Looks like this will be my first and last order shame to say - was quite excited about the HEXUS free delivery option.

Surely if something is out of stock, it shouldn't be ticked green at the stock tick box?

Thanks
    Considering the dynamic nature of stock and the fact that they probably aren't updated instantaneously, I'd personally say it's more the fault of bad luck than anything, though I wouldn't exactly know either. I've ordered a few things from Scan myself and they've all arrived at the right time, in the right condition... so I'd say they're pretty reliable in my experience...

(And hey... first post... )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_SpaceHobo
    Considering the dynamic nature of stock and the fact that they probably aren't updated instantaneously,
    Then, they SHOULD be !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dew1911©
    It is damn near impossible to update AS things are sold, so chill. They have more important things to do (Like playing CS:S)
    Sorry but I have personal experience of this - live updating is not only possible, it is easy. Once an order is received over the web, most commercially available software automatically deducts one unit from the stock level. The only reason it is not done is if the vendor specifically wants to have something in virtual stock when in fact it isnt really there. You physically have to specify that you do not want the software to deduct the unit which is a consciencious decision by the vendor. If they get the software custom written, the same applies.

I am much more "chill" now seeing as Scan have reacted VERY quickly to rectify this situation. This has been achieved by theuse of HEXUS excellent Scan section of the forum and the watchful eye of a certain Dan from Scan. KUDOS as I am not sure I would have received such good service elsewhere.
    Last edited by doopydug; 27-09-2005 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks
    Second that, I learned about various stock tech in some busisness courses and it really isn't hard at all to have an accurate display of current stock. Once an order is accepted stock numbers go down by one. It really is quite simple.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media
    This is a well known issue with a lot of scan stuff, they only update their stock levels when an item is picked, not when its sold. iirc its been discussed before and mort (i think) was gonna have words about it

Thanks
    Doopydug,

As this order was placed over the weekend and as previously stated the stock is only updated once items are picked all the orders that were placed before yours have now been picked and therefore the item is out of stock.

Normally I would agree with regards the stock however it is slightly harder for us to implement in real time as we have the following sales departments dealing with orders at the moment

Retail Sales - Orders over the phone for delivery
    E-Orders - Internet orders for delivery
    As well as counter sales.

As the stock is updated when picked obviously as were shut on Sundays (although still get orders via the website) this sometimes does mean that items show in stock that should already be allocated to previous orders, normally we do try and get the stock correct as often as possible, but this involves managers doing reports and checking the orders and stock levels and obviously someone has to be in the building to do this.

Thread Information