Thread: CityLink delivery cock-up!

Registered+
    Thanks

Thumbs down CityLink delivery cock-up!

Hi All

I purchased a new PSU (Seasonic S12-430) and it was delivered yesterday.

When I say delivered, I mean that the guy opened the side gate and left the parcel there. He ticked the little box which says that he's left the parcel somewhere and put "Back Garden"

What he didn't notice is that this is where our two dogs have access to during the day. I came back home after work to find the PSU half covered in bubble wrap, the rest of the contents of the parcel scattered everywhere, and everything that can be chewed has been chewed. I have no box, no documentation, only the PSU and some of the bits which came with it (which ones I have no idea!)

I phoned Citylink (Basingstoke) and spoke to a very helpful woman. She put me on hold and spoke to the driver in question. She then came back to me and told me that the parcel had been signed for by someone called Smith, who lives at number 41 or 39 (can you guess my house number? ). I told her that the driver had just lied to her and gave her the details that the driver wrote on the card. She then said that this was nothing to do with Citylink and I should contact Scan about this problem.

I tested the PSU (hurray for the digital multimeter!), and it all seems to work. It's in my PC at the moment (I needed to get the PC back up and running in a hurry) and working with no problems.

The problem is what do I do now? Do I keep this PSU, and hope that it didn't suffer from any damage when the dogs were unwrapping it for me? What happens if it goes bang in 6 months time? I have no packaging (not even the box it came in), and I'm not sure if I have all of the bits and pieces for it, so an RMA would be interesting to say the least!

Can you advise me what I should do next?

Thanks

Steve

PS. Is there any reason why you only use CityLink? The local guys are a bunch of brain-doners and we've had nothing but trouble with them. They leave parcels where-ever they feel like it and then lie to you over the phone. They've even nicked a £500 video camera from us rather than delivering it (which was all sorted out via insurance).

Thanks
    Can you PM your invoice number please so we can look into this?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hi David.

I've sent you a PM with the requested details.

Steve

Thanks
    Thanks - I've passed this to CS for them to look into for you.

Thanks
    i wish my dog unwrapped my mail, would save a hell of a lot of time

hope this all gets sorted for ya

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bledd
    i wish my dog unwrapped my mail, would save a hell of a lot of time
    It wouldn't be bad, but they tend to do it rather too vigorously. They're two miniature Schnauzers with an appetite for ripping things up if they left alone for two long. The largest part of the packaging, and I mean all of the packaging (the plastic CityLink bag, the bubblewrap and the Seasonic box) was about 2 inches square. Luckily they decided that plastic cable ties, cable wrapping and little screws weren't in their diet for that day, else it could have been a very expensive visit to the vet. We've got to keep an eye on them just in case they did eat some part of it which makes them ill. If they have then I'll be straight down to Citylink to tell them exactly what I think of their crap service.

All of this because the lazy sod from Citylink couldn't be bother to do the paperwork to return the package to the depot.

As an aside, are packages from Scan supposed to be signed for? Surely Scan have a vested interest in peoples packages not being left outside their houses if there's no-one in to take delivery?

Steve

Registered+
    Thanks

Sorted

Well, Roxane has confirmed that if the PSU's okay at the moment I nothing needs to be done and the warranty won't be affected, so that's sorted.

Just need to check the dogs are okay now!

Steve

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    "the dog ate my psu"

Certainly an interesting warranty call..
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thread Information