Dear Scan...

I placed quite a large order today for a system. All items in stock and the order was processed. However, it's not been picked or dispatched.

I've looked at the individual items and it looks like it may not have been dispatched because the PSU I ordered is now showing out of stock.

I'm sure it's been suggested and is not possible to implement, but I'll propose anyway

If an order won't be dispatched because of no stock, it would be nice to get an email "instantly" to let you know. I was rather impatient to get the parts as I have a limited time to build it before going away for 10 days and it looks like I've lost a day due to this.

I can understand that there may be a delay in the website's stock levels, but surely when an order is processed and goes to picking, at that particular time, you know what's been allocated to customers and what's still in stock. So it should be possible to know instantly if any items are unavailable and hence let the customer know.

I appreciate it doesn't always go smoothy, but it's fustrating to think I've lost one day when an automatic process could have informed me and I could have rung up CS, changed the product and still have it dispatched today.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

P.S Invoice number is: E708233