Thread: Delayed Order Notification - help please

Thanks

Unhappy Delayed Order Notification - help please

I ordered on Thursday from Scan, but tonight at 7.45pm I have got a delayed order notifcation (ref 000E785801).

Seriously, what's going on here? -

Please regard this email as an active notification of a delay in your order, due to a temporary shortage in stock of the following item/s:

1. 2M RJ45 CAT-5 CABLE
    Estimated Lead Date = 01/12/2006

2. Monitor to PC Piggy Back Cable
    Estimated Lead Date = 27/11/2006
    I can handle the monitor leads not being available till Monday - too late to do anything about it now anyway - but are you seriously telling me my entire order of twelve items, is being held up for a week because you haven't got one 72p cat5 cable - that's crazy!

As it is I really needed some of this gear on Monday and as I've only been notified of this after you closed for today there is nothing I can do about it. Not too impressed.

Can we either - remove the 2m cable from the order or send it separately by Royal Mail (no need to courier it) when it does arrive?

Thanks

Simon

Thanks
    I've spoken to the customer service team and got the 2m cable removed from the order.

Thanks

Angry

Oh this just sucks now:

Thank you for your order from Scan.

Please regard this email as a notification of delay in your order due to an unexpected volume of orders placed throughout the day. Please rest assured your custom is greatly valued and we will process your order with the utmost urgency. Your order has still been booked for a next working day delivery from the point of despatch and we will send further emails to confirm this.
    I'm very disappointed. Not only have I had to call over the weekend to sort this out, but when I called today to confirm I was assured the missing stock was in and my order would be dispatched today and with me tomorrow. I don't think it's unreasonable to have prioritised my order given it was placed on Thursday, over the 'unexpected volume' of orders that apparently have pushed it out of the way today.

Sorry, not good enough.

Thread Information