Thread: Scan, you need to change your courier

Thanks

Angry Scan, you need to change your courier

The title pretty much says it all.

Scan are a great company, and their staff have been very helpful. Unfortunately an item I recieved from them is defective, so I'm returning it. Scan arranged for Citylink to pick it up before 12 yesterday - simple enough, you might think.

I waited the entire day and they never showed. At 4:45 I checked the consignment number on the website, and was amazed to see it stated "Goods not available for collection."

Are you having a laugh? I waited the entire day basically at my desk 99% of the time, which has a view over the road and there had not been a Citylink van up here yesterday I assure you. The doorbell never went and there was no card either.

I phoned Scan to see if there was anything they could do, and they gave me the phone number for my local Citylink branch. I phoned them and was told there had been a mistake and the job was never given to the driver, and I was assured the collection would be made today instead, before 12 again. Fine

I checked the Citylink site at nine this morning and there was no update. It was still saying goods unavailable for collection, and I should phone the manchester branch (presumably this is scan's local branch?) so I did... to be informed that deliveries take priority because if they don't deliver they have to give double the money back to the customer. There were too many deliveries yesterday, so my collection didn't get made. No apology or acknowledgement that this might be less than satisfactory, and to top it all off this is a completely different story than the one I was given yesterday, so someone is lying to me somewhere.

I checked the Citylink site again half an hour ago and was stunned to see that the collection was now registered as canceled! By now I was pretty annoyed, but this isn't Scan's fault. I phoned Scan anyway to see if there was anything that could be done. The customer services rep I spoke to was apologetic and said they've been having problems with Citylink, and that they've been messing them about. All they can do is rebook another collection. I said I'd phone my local Citylink branch one more time and get back to him.

When I phoned my branch, it turns out the collection is still down to happen, today, by 12. Apparently, despite it being listed as canceled, it will still be delivered properly too. Given the performance so far, I don't see it happening but I'm willing to wait til 12 (just under an hour!) to see.

Frankly, this is an appalling level of service.
    Scan, you are a good company with helpful staff but your choice of courier is letting you down badly. They're unreliable, they lie to cover their mistakes, they're downright unprofessional and incompetant with it. You need to change to someone else as soon as you can.
    Last edited by mdale; 10-01-2007 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks
    Please contact our Returns dept to resolve any issues you have.

Regarding City Link this topic has already been covered:-

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=96001

Regards

Thanks
    Well, as you can see I already have and like I said you guys have been nothing but helpful. However, contacting returns isn't going to solve the fact that I've now wasted a day and a half waiting for these idiots to do the job you're paying them to do.

The level of service won't change if there's no incentive to make that happen.
    Your own staff have told me that Scan is being messed about by Citylink regularly.
    The best thing you could do for us as your customers and for yourselves as well is to put in a complaint to Citylink. You must give them quite a bit of business so hopefully you could get in at a higher level than us lowly individuals, and your words carry a bit more weight. Maybe some of these franchises need head office to shake them up a bit.

If they fail to show up again today, which I have no doubt they will, then I'll have to phone returns (again) anyway to arrange yet another pickup... if that happens I'll be recommending to whoever I speak to then that you as a company should take this up with Citylink. It's unacceptable.
    Last edited by mdale; 10-01-2007 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks
    mdale

Please conatct the Customer Service Manager to explain these valid issue. We can the progress to raise these issues with City Link for you.

Regards

Thanks
    Please no more general comments regarding City Link.

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 10-01-2007 at 01:32 PM.

Thread Information