Thread: Remote controls with Pinnacle Dual DVB-T Pro and Nova T-500 in MCE 2005

Thanks

Remote controls with Pinnacle Dual DVB-T Pro and Nova T-500 in MCE 2005

Hi Scan

I'm interesting in buying an internal dual tuner card, looking at both the Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Pro (LN16248) and the Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE (LN15059). I have Win XP MCE 2005.

Can you please confirm whether the remote controls bundled with either of these cards definitely will or definite won't operate

a) the tv window(s) in MCE 2005
    b) the whole interface of MCE 2005 (I mean using all the menus to get to Music, Pictures and so on, not just the TV)

Your web site description of the Nova-T 500 is a bit confusing, because it says "Also The included Hauppage remote control does not operate under Media Centre. Media Centre requires Microsoft certified remote control" but also "The MCE 2005 remote control is used to control the TV window under Windows XP MCE 2005" - so does it or doesn't it do anything?

Seems crazy that Hauppauge would release a card specifically for MCE 2005 with a remote, but that the bundled remote won't work in MCE 2005...

Any news or confirmations on either of these products would be gratefully received, thanks

DM

Thanks
    Bump...

(Sorry guys, don't like being one of the people with 0 replies! And besides, it's your website that is self-contradicting...)

Thanks
    3 days since I asked and no one wants to help then? It's your website that is confusing. Very disappointing, I'll shop elsewhere.

Guess you guys are all too busy dealing with people's complaints - just checked and 19 out of the 39 messages above mine (before posting this) are people asking what's going on with their order. Hope you get your systems and warehouse sorted soon, I remember people having problems back in September when I ordered some of my PC (and you lost some of my order then) and that was blamed on "the new warehouse". Maybe I'll come back.

DM

Thanks
    Im sorry but due to the system changes and of course the release of Vista and large order volumes i havnt yet had time to install and try all the buttons on the remote on windows MCE for both cards to ensure that all the menus function correctly,

if the answer is taking longer than expected it may be an option to perhaps drop the manufacturer an email to inquire or perhaps google a review and see if its covered there?

If this is not an option then i will happily try to find the answer for you but this will require some patience as most manufacturers dont list which applications there buttons work effectively in, so the only 2 options open to me are to email both Manufacturers and await a response or to take them from stock and try to find an MCE 2005 box inside our office to test them on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Martin "Whats a Wan ton?"
    Lee "About 1000 kilo's"

Thanks
    Emails sent to the manufacturers i will update you as soon as they let me know, sorry for the wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lee "About 1000 kilo's"

Thanks
    Thanks for looking into this John. I have, whilst waiting, looked around for an answer and it seems astonishing that Hauppauge would sell a card with remote for MCE 2005, which doesn't work within MCE 2005.

As I said, it's your website that seems contradictory which is why I wanted some clarification. I hope they do get back to you. I fear the answer will be "it's only good for controlling TV".

Look forward to you replying with their reply
    DM

Thanks
    just to let you know im chasing this for you now and ill update you when i have something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lee "About 1000 kilo's"

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    The remotes that come with some of the cards are usually limited in what they can do in regards to the MCE functionality as they are generally designed to work with the software supplied with the cards.

If you want a remote that works out of the box, works 100% with MCE2005 then we would recommend the use of the following kit Here as I personally use the remote linked with the nova-T 500 MCE card with all the functions working fine, plus it works with the xbox360 as well
    Last edited by Lee H; 05-02-2007 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee @ SCAN View Post
    The remotes that come with some of the cards are usually limited in what they can do in regards to the MCE functionality as they are generally designed to work with the software supplied with the cards.
    But Hauppauge sell this as the Media Centre Edition? There's no sell to use any other software than Win MCE - your site's description says

"Bring TWO simultaneous channels of live Digital TV recording to Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005...

This card is specially designed for use and integration with Microsoft Windows Media Centre...

Windows XP Media Center Edition drivers...

Nova-T 500 MCE brings digital TV's perfect video quality and CD quality sound to your Windows XP Media Centre Edition PC..."

Can't see Hauppauge can get away with it, seems misleading to me. Thanks Lee.

DM

Thanks
    /Sigh well that was worthwhile.........

Dear Mr. JohnS,

For problems or questions about our card and Media Center from Microsoft I advise you to contact Microsoft technical support.

Yours faithfully,
    Pinnacle Technical Support
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lee "About 1000 kilo's"

Thanks
    Seems that its a no on the pinnacle remote also.

Dear Mr. John Sheridan,

If you are trying to use the remote control from our product with Windows Media Center this will no be possible. You can use the remote control only if you use the Media Center from Pinnacle.

<br><br>Yours faithfully,<br>
    Pinnacle Technical Support
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lee "About 1000 kilo's"

Thanks
    • markbrown83's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC
    I think I will buy the t 500 at the end of the month. Especially if it works with Vista Media Centre.
    Last edited by markbrown83; 10-05-2007 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    The Hauppauge remote works fine with MCE 2005 (i've got one) - you can do everything with it you'd need to. I got the MS official one as well because (simply) it's better and has a few extra shortcuts for MCE itself. You can get away with the Hauppauge one if you want tho.

For reference, the Hauppauge remote also works fine with Vista MC too..

So, to settle the arguement - Hauppauge are correct it saying it works with MCE Hope that helps!
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thread Information