Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northern Irish postal services.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Northern Irish postal services.

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but anyone else from Northern Ireland fed up being quoted silly carriage prices. The ROyal Mail delivers here and at no extra cost!!! The special delivery service (next orking day b4 12) applies to northern ireland why dont these stupid English firms realise this, we are not the same as the Highlands.. tho we often get quoted the same carriage cost.

My system from Carrera ssc cost me 60 quid for postage ffs, and the other day i was going to buy a set of speakers from special reserve fr 35 quid but was qouted 20 quid to ship them here, so i endd up buyin them at my local ripoff PC store cos with postage included it was 4 quid cheaper.

Seriously tho it is just plain stupidity on behalf of a lot of companies, they probably lose a lot of business from Northern Ireland cos of this.

Maybe we could get an online pettiin goin about this and pass it onto most of the larger online PC companies.

Bascially alot of delivery companies are makin alot of money off us paddies but they shouldnt cos if the retarded companies used Royal Mail it would cost no more!!

Right im slightly calmer now...

Thanks
    lol i know what you mean m8
    the problem is they use curiour services the likes of fedex/omega ect and not royal mail i have tryed phoneing verious retail out lets and asked if they would send via royal mail but have allways been turned down

just look at ebuyer m8 for me to order a hard drive shipping £4.99 and £15 sure charge for northern ireland

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    You wanna be careful who you quote , FedEx don't do Northern Ireland, because they are international Only they class Northern Ireland as UK as well.

Get someone who uses Business Post or Amtrak and you are gonna be ok, I know overclock used to use BP and I know overclockers do use Amtrak, might be a wise move to ask Kustom PC's www.kustompcs.co.uk as they have fantastic service and they might just be able to give you what you want.....

m@
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks
    don't like amstrak...delivered my moniter 2 weeks late.....albeit it is 21 inch .Royal Mail Special Delivery and City Link are the best....well faultless

"Duffman says alot of Things" - Duffman

Thanks
    • dkmech's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @3.16GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb ddr2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 2*640gb WD Raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 6970
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 690
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Hanns G, 19" Hyundai L90D+
      • Internet:
      • 14Mb
    Another thing that pisses me off with deliveries is that you are never bloody home when they come, which to me means a trip to the industrial estate to whichever depot has it. Whis is a couple quid in petrol and car wearing down, plus my wasted time... This is even more frustrating when the item is a copy of pcgamer which didn't fit through the letterbox. Although the postman has been nice and left things in a secret place recently. GO our postman!

Best delivery experience i had was when i ordered a cdwriter on dabs at 8pm, had an email saying it shipped by 10pm, had it delivered next day by 13:00. no extra surcharge or nothing - Ebuyer take notice!
    Tough on mirrors, tough on the causes of mirrors.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    City Link are the best....well faultless
    City link damaged my case. I'm not going to bother moaning, it's a cheap Ebuyer one and they tried to deliver it twice before I had to go and collect it, but they ain't faultless.

Rich :¬)

listen to escape fails :) luap.h's Avatar
    Thanks
    www.komplett.co.uk offer Royal Mail as an option for delivery, which is dead good of them (they also offer DHL)

Dabs didn't before, but now they do add a surcharge to BTxx postcodes
    Scan, Aria and of course eBuyer, all do
    Last edited by luap.h; 27-01-2004 at 12:44 AM.

Thanks
    If buying from KustomPCs in Ayre you could always go as a foot passenger on the boat to Stranraer, get a bus to Ayre collect your stuff and get the boat back for a little more than Scan would charge you to deliver the stuff and you have had a day out!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    City Link are the best....well faultless
    yea they can be ok, but they can also be bad.

Its the same for most couriers in my opinion, it all depends on the people in your area.
    Couriers are people, and if you get an ideot you get an ideot's service

A couple of times City link have been ' un able to find' my address, even the time when the same guy had delivered to me the day before lol.
    It was so obvious the driver had just driven home because he was running behind, and had np delivering it the next day.

Omega securicor are generally good, Citylink can be, and business post/amtrak have been excellent in my experience

Re KustomPC's, I have heard nothing but greatness about their customer services, and heard them recommended more than once before for NI
    Desktop: AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 1024Mb PC-3200 TwinMOS w/Winbond, MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR, Radeon 9800SE AIW, 40 GB 7,200 Rpm Hitachi Deskstar, 120GB 7,200 Rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor Diamond 9, 160GB 7200 Rpm 8mb Cache Seagate 7200.7 SATA, Plextor 708A 8x DVD-RW, 550W PFC Q-tec PSU, Casetek 1019SM Silver Case, Camdridge Soundworks DTT2200 Speakers

Laptop: Clevo D470W - 17" Widescreen TFT, Intel Pentium4 3.06Ghz 533FSB, 1024Mb PC-2700 Hynix, Radeon Mobility 9000 64Mb, Fujitsu 80Gb 4,200rpm, 250Gb 7,2000rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor OneTouch, Toshiba SD-R6372 DVD-RW +/- x4, Built-in Four speakers, webcam and microphone

Purple Member
    Thanks
    • Tarffie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP-35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 2gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 (PC2-8500C5)
      • Storage:
      • 250gb + 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GT 512mb w/ Accelero S1
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408wfp & 2405fpw
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 50Mb/s
    This thread is almost 3 years old...

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarffie View Post
    This thread is almost 3 years old...
    Threeeeeee AH AH AH
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Purple Member
    Thanks
    • Tarffie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP-35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 2gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 (PC2-8500C5)
      • Storage:
      • 250gb + 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GT 512mb w/ Accelero S1
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408wfp & 2405fpw
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 50Mb/s
    He's not allowed to say that anymore =(

Thanks
    Royal Mail can afford to include N.I. in the UK because they will have to deliver letters there anyway.

Thanks
    It would be subsedised if not anyway ....
    Desktop: AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 1024Mb PC-3200 TwinMOS w/Winbond, MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR, Radeon 9800SE AIW, 40 GB 7,200 Rpm Hitachi Deskstar, 120GB 7,200 Rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor Diamond 9, 160GB 7200 Rpm 8mb Cache Seagate 7200.7 SATA, Plextor 708A 8x DVD-RW, 550W PFC Q-tec PSU, Casetek 1019SM Silver Case, Camdridge Soundworks DTT2200 Speakers

Laptop: Clevo D470W - 17" Widescreen TFT, Intel Pentium4 3.06Ghz 533FSB, 1024Mb PC-2700 Hynix, Radeon Mobility 9000 64Mb, Fujitsu 80Gb 4,200rpm, 250Gb 7,2000rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor OneTouch, Toshiba SD-R6372 DVD-RW +/- x4, Built-in Four speakers, webcam and microphone

Registered+
    Thanks
    Interestingly Dabs seem to have reduced their NI surcharge to much more reasonable levels, I just ordered a couple of hdds and was pleasantly surprised that my order only attracted a £4 'overseas' surcharge which actually gives me next day delivery into the bargain

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aBuLhAgaG View Post
    Interestingly Dabs seem to have reduced their NI surcharge to much more reasonable levels, I just ordered a couple of hdds and was pleasantly surprised that my order only attracted a £4 'overseas' surcharge which actually gives me next day delivery into the bargain
    Yes this is good news, its moving in the right direction, wonder if its anything to do with BT buying Dabs...

<dream>
    Its good for the NI shopper, if only they can get the surcharge to zero, like amazon etc...
    </dream>

League Tables for good/bad shipping charges for Northern Ireland -> http://www.hisdancingleg.com/ni
    The Red List (Companies who surcharge) -> The Red List
    The Green List (Companies who don't surcharge) -> The Green List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information