Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this gaem worth it?

OMG!! PWND!!
    Thanks

Is this gaem worth it?

HI ... is this game good enought to buy?? what sets it apart from all of thoes other flight sims?

Thanks
    question 1, the answer is YES!

question 2, there are several factors, insane realism, every little thing you adjust cam effect sumthing els, just like real life. beautiful models and locations, great learning curve, the feeling of getting in behing a bf109 and blasting him away then trying to hide in cloud before his wingmen eat you alive! buy it, try it, u'll love it, if not take it back and swap it

miss anything lads?

Thanks
    Only two bits, Russ.

The realism is totally scalable, so you can have it as easy as you like, from having NO stall effects and being invulnerable to full engine management, high speed flutter and G-force induced blackouts...

Also, the online side has to be THE most satisfying in a game... EVER!

Words cannot describe the sense of anticipation as you climb like crazy, trying to get the height for the upcoming dogfight, then the nervousness as you spot your foe and try and make the decision as to when to turn into him to make your attack... then the excitement as it all comes together and you find yourself on his tail, being buffeted by his slipstream. Then you get the immense satisfaction of opening up on him and watching his plane disintergrate under your fire and you watch with amazement as he spins down, trailing smoke and flame. Then you get terror and fear as tracers rip past your cockpit and you realise the hunter is now the hunted and you spend frantic minutes heaving the stick all over the place trying everything to evade the guy on your tail. The relief when you lose him is immense so you set course for home and spend long minutes checking your six as you scream at high speed and low level back to base.

Add to all that the chatter from your team-mates over Teamspeak as they all live their own personal battles for their lives and it adds up to one intense game.

It may not have the pick up and play appeal of UT 2k3, it's a more relaxed game altogether, but when you're in the thick of it, with the bullets spanging off your ailerons and then severing your rudder cables, when your engine overheats after 5 minutes at full boost as you try to keep your speed above a stall in a tight, twisting dogfight, when you get a guy in your sights and rake your fire down his engine cowling and see oil smoke then flame burst from his plane... THEN you know you're playing THE best prop sim on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    ooh and the feeling when u make it home with half a plane and more bullet holes than metal. run out of fuel a mile form home and truy and glide it in.. while being blasted at from all directions, online is amazing!

OMG!! PWND!!
    Thanks
    Cool... would my box run it???... i have ADSL.. so the net wont be a problem would it?... my stats r in my sig.....

Thanks
    Yep, that'll most certainly run it, most likely on pretty much maxed out detail.

I'm running a 1700 clocked to 2400 with a REDai 9600 pro. No idea how it looks just yet as I only stuck the card in last night.

It used to look and play damn good on my XP1800 with a GF3 Ti500, so you're well in spec there.

Connection is fine too, one of our regular squadron pilots is on 56k and he gets along no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

adamspestcontrol.co.uk
    Thanks
    You will have no problem with the rig..Its a bit memory hungrey so scale down the ground detail and you should be grand.

Buy it. Live it. Love it

OMG!! PWND!!
    Thanks
    how do u join these squadrons??? do i need a bunch of mates??? sounds fun... ill get it... but if its crap... *shakes fist*

Thanks
    theres 1 squadron on these very boards, go buy the name of Marlins, like swordfish apparently? if your good enough, they may even take you under there wing so to speak (sorry or pun )

ooh and btw, buy IL-2 Forgotten Battles, not the normal IL2

Thanks
    hell.. after reading this thread I wanna go buy once again this game lol

IT is indeed an amazing game, so amazing that it's the only game on my computer for over 1 year.I used to play CounterStrike a lot and all sort of other games, but now there can be only one
    weeee... I'm flyin' !!!

Thanks
    Only thing I'ds ay is that you might want to get another stick of RAM.

he game is very RAM hungry and can stutter at times.

Thanks
    I can only echo the sentiments of my fellow pilots on this one. A better value and more immersive game you will most likely never find again - for £19 odd, you get SO MUCH detail, and truly endless gameplay value - no 2 sorties are ever the same - one day you might rake a bomber and send it earthwards with one shot, and some days you'll run out of ammo and hardly scratch it. Love it to bits, and scarily, I do actually get withdrawal symptoms if I don't fly for more than a couple of days....

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

OMG!! PWND!!
    Thanks
    OK i bought IL-2 Sturmokiv: Forgotten Battles!!!
    GOING TO PLAY IT NOW!!

OMG!! PWND!!
    Thanks
    ITS TOOO HARD!!!!!!!!!!
    and the graphics arnt THAT great...

Thanks
    Erm..., you got a joystick???
    You need one for this as the keyboard don't cut it
    There are some good cheap ones for ~£30- don't know what that translates to in Oz.
    Look for Saitek Cyborg 3D Platinum/Gold/Evolution as that is what I, and a few others around here have got, and they are very good for the money- plenty of buttons, hatswitch, customizable hand rest.
    Of course if you've already got one you can ignore all of that. Download hyperlobby (Sticky at top) and get onto [GSV]Dedicated so you can have a fly with some others and practise your takeoffs/landings etc.

Thanks
    Stick with it. It can be hugely frustrating when you first start learning, but then greatly rewarding once you get the hang of it.

I recommend using the Quick Mission builder to get used to the flying and handling of a particular plane. Try it out in combat a few times. Then try landing it. Once down, try taking off again.

Good planes for learning in are the early series of the IL-2 (easy handling and very forgiving), later Yaks (3's and 9's), great performance and hard to get into too much trouble, and early 109s.

And use the tutorials provided. Those training missions are essential if you have no flight sim or flying experience.

And definitely get online and into the dogfight forums in hyperlobby.

The graphics will be as good as your card and PC can take. If you get into this game you will probably end up spending a small fortune upgrading the hardware on your PC.

'Make mine a Spitfire, Landlord!'

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information