• Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • U2713HM and V222H
      • Internet:
      • cable

IMPORTANT: Vodafone FUP data policy change

FYI for those on Vodafone, from the 1st they are removing their FUP on data tariffs, now anything over your included bundle on pay monthly is charged £5 per 500mb

They have started fobbing people off saying you MUST receive a text saying you have exceeded this and will be charged from the 1st of October.

Announcement:
    http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.ph...nouncement=137

Key bits....
    If you think that out of bundle charging will increase your total bill by 10% or more compared to the same usage in the previous month, you may be entitled to cancel your account without penalty.

You will not be able to request to terminate unless you have received one of these text messages from us:

From Vodafone: To let you know you’re nearly at the end of your monthly data allowance of 500MB. If you need to use additional data there will be a charge of £5 incVAT per 500MB , however we won’t start charging until 1 October 2010. To stop these alerts, text STOP to 40506

From Vodafone: To let you know you’re nearly at the end of your monthly data allowance of 1GB. If you need to use additional data there will be a charge of £5 incVAT per 500MB , however we won’t start charging until 1 October 2010. To stop these alerts, text STOP to 40506.

From Vodafone: To let you know you’re nearly at the end of your daily data allowance of 25MB. If you need to use additional data there will be a charge of 50p incVAT per 25MB , however we won’t start charging until 1 October 2010. To stop receiving these alerts, text STOP to 40506.

If after receiving this text you wish to cancel, you will need to send us written notification that you intend to terminate your contract and proof of why you think your bill will be increased by more than 10%. This must be sent to us before the charges are introduced. Please send your written notice to: Vodafone UK Ltd., Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, RG14 2FN.

Once received, we'll assess your request and let you know if it's possible to cancel or not.

What do you mean by proof?

When you write to us, you need to state:

* That you've received the notification advising you'll be charged from October if you go over the bundled allowance
    * How much data you used last month and how much over your allowance that would be
    * How much you'd be charged and whether that would be a 10% increase on the overall total of your most recent bill
    TBH I think the not being able to cancel UNLESS they tell you is bull poop and will be exercising my right to cancel under clause 11.b
    11.b) You may end this agreement by writing to us if:

* we don’t do something fundamental that we should have done under this agreement (for example, if there is a complete failure of the network for 7 days in a row due to something we have done), within 7 days of you asking us in writing;
    * we tell you that there will be an increase in the line-rental charge by more than the increase in the retail price index (worked out as a percentage) since the last line-rental increase and you write to us before the increase applies;
    * we increase your charges in the UK which have the effect of increasing your total charges (based on your usage in the previous month) by more than 10% and you write to us before the increase applies; or
    * we change this agreement to your significant disadvantage including changing or withdrawing services (we will tell you if this is the case) and you write to us within one month of us telling you about the change. This does not apply if the change or withdrawal relates to services which you can cancel without us ending this agreement.
    Note there is nothing in 11.b about having to receive a text about it, and if (like many users) have data monitors you can prove it you should be able to cancel . I doubt they will make it easy though...
    H3XU5 Social FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    I do like a bit of hot crumpet

Thanks
    • scaryjim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Dell Inspiron
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 8250U
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4GB DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • 128GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon R5 230
      • PSU:
      • Battery/Dell brick
      • Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

Re: IMPORTANT: Vodafone FUP data policy change

As far as I knew this was Vodafone's standard policy this time last year anyway? It's certainly in line with my understanding of the data package I signed up to last September...

Thanks
    • finlay666's system
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 2gb
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • U2713HM and V222H
      • Internet:
      • cable

Re: IMPORTANT: Vodafone FUP data policy change

Policy when I signed up was the data was FUP without charging if you go over, however now it's removal of the FUP and a flat rate
    H3XU5 Social FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    I do like a bit of hot crumpet

Thread Information