I hadn't planned on getting Vista for at least a few months, but I decided to buy a laptop and it came preinstalled so I had no choice.

So far it's okay (nice enough OS, but an OS isn't something I get excited about ) but there are a few things that don't seem to want to play ball and I wondered if anyone else had experienced similar/knew how to fix them.

Firstly, I cannot drag-and-drop from a folder to MSN. In XP I simply dragged a photo from it's folder, down to the recipients chat window on the taskbar, then in to the text-box. In Vista I do the same, but instead of being able to drop the file in to the text box I get the black circle with a line through it. It's only a little problem but over the course of the past few weeks it's been getting quite irritating - hopefully there's a nice simple fix I've missed

Secondly, power management. As I mentioned, I'm on a laptop - this could problem could be with Acer's epower-management software or Vista, I'm not sure. Basically, if I'm plugged in to the mains my screen's nice and bright. If I'm unplugged then it's dull. Now, I know that the power scheme is changed automatically once you unplug the mains but I've set the battery power scheme to be the same as when it's plugged in; that is to say, max performance, full brightness. Why it chooses to ignore the fact I've set the battery power scheme the way I have is a little confusing - and irritating.

Thirdly, only some of my recently used documents show up in "Recent Items" in the start menu. This is particularly annoying as depending on what I'm doing I need to frequently open files I've just been using. For example, if I've recently opened five particular files and then look in the Recent Items only 3-4 of the files will be shown.

They're only minor gripes but they're enough to get on your nerves after a while; does anyone else experience these things, and if so - do you know of a fix?