I'm tearing my hair out with trying to get the BT adaptor built into my laptop (Sony VGN-S3VP) working with my phone.

My previous laptop didn't have integrated BT, so I used a Dlink USB DBT-120 BT adaptor which worked fine. The software which came with it also worked fine after a bit of faffing around convincing that the widcomm drivers DO work with XP, regardless of what Mr Bill & Co make you believe Also, the drivers/software added a very handy "bluetooth devices network icon" which allowed you to view BT devices and the services they offer. You could actually browse the storage of a BT device and drag/drop. Much like the "Mobile Device" icon of a PDA with Activesync.

On my new laptop, I'd like to use the built-in one. However, the "software" that comes with XP Pro is woefully bad imo There's no "bluetooth devices" icon to browse devices and view the services they offer.

I can get the software/OS to pair with my phone (SE T630) but as soon as I want to transfer photos or sync via OBEX, no go. The OS shows the connection as made, then immediately disconnects and the phone eventually times out.

What I'd like to know is if anyone has successfully used the built-in XP software to access a BT device and transfer data to/from.

Or is there some free software that interfaces into the XP BT stack giving more flexibility than the crappy screens you have to use with the native XP implementation of BT: