Guys i could do with some help, i have a second pc which i use for internet and trying out software.

O.S Windows Xp pro sp2

Things is i have Ghost 9 installed, i want to remove Ghost so that i can try out Acronis True image 8, i purchased this some time ago and wish to retry.

Anyhow went to add remove programs and got rid of ghost 9. The pc rebooted to finish the process, once it had rebooted i inserted the disc into the dvd drive "I" however the drive was not there anymore according to explorer and Device manager.

Decided to use system restore as prior to the uninstaller running it created a restore point, rebooted and the drive is back. Trouble is now ghost will not uninstall now, it come up with the message " This patch package could not be opened, Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package."

If i try to run ghost i get an error "Error Creating View" "Error E9290006: RTCfile is missing" click ok and the another error " The Remote Call Failed and did not Execute"

So now it seems that
A) i cannot Unninstall ghost now,

B)And it also will not reinstall it comes up with the Error"This patch package could not be opened, Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package."
C)it will not Run,
D) i really want to get it off of the system.

So any ideas Please.