Thread: Any experience of Javascript on Mobile Devices (PPC2003SE / WM5)

Thanks

Any experience of Javascript on Mobile Devices (PPC2003SE / WM5)

Is there anyone out there with any experience of developing web pages for mobile devices? Mainly I'm interested in targetting Windows Mobile 2003SE but would like to move up to WM5 if at all possible.

I'm using Visual Studio 2003 to create ASP.NET pages with VB code at the webserver end. I've already developed a whole lot of the pages but I have two real problems.

1. Creating images which execute some Javascript when clicked. (2003se or WM5)
    2. Javascript to refer to controls in Windows Mobile 5

You'd think that a clickable image is a pretty basic requirement but Pocket Internet Explorer doesn't seem to support it. Is there any way of doing it? I'm stuck with using horrid grey buttons for everything and the pages look like they're out of the 80's.

The WM5 issue is just plain daft, lots of the Javascript that worked quite happily in 2003SE fails to run under WM5. Eg, controls within a table just don't seem accessible in the DOM so trying to refer to them fails. Has Pocket IE gone backwards in WM5?

I realise that Javascript on mobile devices is not well supported but I've got a very long way under 2003SE. If I could get clickable images I'd be so happy, if I could get it to work on WM5 I'd be over the moon..

So please please please, if anyone has experience or sample code then I'd be really grateful.

Thanks
    I'll take that as a "No" then. It was worth a try!

Thanks
    I wouldn't have looked at JavaScript and mobile phones to be honest. If it were Java then I may have a clue

Thread Information