• be quiet! Silent Base 600
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2410 24", Samsung 22"
      • Internet:
      • 100 Mbps cable

N1200 Mediabolic server is broken

I am having lots of problems with the Mediabolic server on my N1200. I am using two devices to browse the content: a Zyxel DMA-1000 network media player (DLNA-certified) and a trial copy of CyberLink SoftDMA running on my PC.

If I just share the Video folder, everything works fine and both devices can see the server. If I add my Music folder, the N1200 scans the folder but then the server can no longer be seen. I suspect this is because some of the files have names that the MediaBolic server doesn't like.

As a test, I stopped sharing the Music folder and created a new MusicTest folder. I copied a few albums to this folder (all MP3 files) and added it to the Shared Media Folders list. This worked so I added a few more albums and re-scanned. After adding about 20 albums, the list of files which the Zyxel and SoftDMA becomes corrupted. Some artists are listed as albums, some track names are listed as artists, identical files appear 20 times in the list, it's a mess.

It is impossible to repair this list. I have re-scanned the folder. I have removed the MusicTest folder from the shared list, stopped the Mediabolic server, started it again, and re-scanned the folder again. I have even re-booted the N1200. None of these has worked.

Even though no music folders are now shared, both the Zyxel and SoftDMA can see the corrupted list of music files - they can even play some of the files on it!

What can I do? I have tried downloading the TwonkyMedia plug-in from the Thecus Wiki site but it doesn't seem to be available any more. I am now truly stuck

Thanks

Re: N1200 Mediabolic server is broken

I'm having severe problems with the MediaBolic server as well.

I can't even successfully scan folders.

If you find the TwonkyMedia plug-in please let me know- I've been trying to download it from that site as well for over a week.

I really think there needs to be some sort of update for MediaBolic as so many people appear to have problems with it.

Thread Information