Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone been brave enough to try the new v 3.00.08 firmware yet?

Thanks

Re: Has anyone been brave enough to try the new v 3.00.08 firmware yet?

As my experience: There is no real support existent. If you have a real critical problem, you are in real trouble.
    Thecus has a lot of nerve to claim "to have an business class solution". Never ever with that quality of firmware and support. Sorry.
    Agreed. Looks like there are a lot of us here who had to learn this lesson the hard way.

Anybody want to buy a bunch of unreliable N8800 units? I can honestly say they are in 'mint' condition, since they are every bit as functional now as when the factory shipped them. Some even have firmware 'upgrades' and will display errors in a very pretty fashion.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Has anyone been brave enough to try the new v 3.00.08 firmware yet?

Just for a bit of balance, after the initial hitch with the 3.00.06 firmware freezing the system once or twice a month, the system has been running fine. 60 days uptime without a hitch at the moment, running 3.00.08.
    Functionality wise, its on an ADS domain, supplying windows shares, iSCSI targets, NFS shares, and running my companies intranet via the web module without complaint. Using Nsync to backup the shares to the local disk storage on a windows 2008 server with a couple of LTO-2 drives spooling it off daily.

The only firmware issues i've had are when i updated to 3.00.08 to solve an nsync issue, and that was just a switch from the admin interface being defaulting to https rather than http as in the previous version.

All in all, Im getting more and more confident about the system, and its starting to become something in the background that just works.

Andy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information