Thread: Massively disappointed with Corsair's RMA Service

Thanks

Angry Massively disappointed with Corsair's RMA Service

Hello,

I wanted to share my experience with the Corsair RMA process... I have found it appalling!

I purchased a Corsair Scimitar Mouse in March 2016, I noticed that it had started to double click so I decided to submit a RMA as the mouse was still under warranty with Corsair. I submitted a RMA ticket on 30 May 2017, after the 24 to 48 window had passed I contacted Corsair using live chat and they informed me the RMA was being processed, all necessary information was provided and I would hear back within 24 hours... To which I didn't, so I contacted them again to receive the same message.

When I contacted them a third time, they told me that they hadn't received the correct invoice information which is why it had not been processed (I was never told this in the first two times I contacted them and was told everything was fine with my RMA).

On the 15 June, I received approval to return my faulty mouse to them at my own discretion (purchasing my own postage). So rather than the usual 24 to 48 hour response Corsair advertise on their website... I had waited 16 days for my RMA to be approved, perhaps longer if I hadn't contacted them myself.

One positive in the process is that they sent a replacement and I received it within 24 hours of them receiving my faulty mouse. The only issue was that they sent me the wrong model (yellow version) as my previous model (black version) was no longer in stock, but they had sent me no communication to inform me of this prior to sending it to me. Had they informed me that the black model was out of stock, I would have requested a full refund as I currently have an expensive computer build which a lot of money has been spent to make it look the way it is, a yellow Scimitar Mouse would not fit. (It may seem a small issue, but I do take pride in my build and I am sure others would agree that it can be frustrating to have a piece of hardware that does not match!)

I have now requested a full refund and to send the replacement back to them (at my own expense for postage!) and have been given 24 hours to wait yet another response regarding this... I will keep you updated.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Re: Massively disappointed with Corsair's RMA Service

First off, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this RMA process has caused you. Typically, our RMA dept. is always on top of their game, but seeing the situation you are currently in, I guess they do run into some kinks from time to time with the whole warranty process. I can assure you that this was just a fluke, we rarely have problems in terms of honoring our warranty.

I hope at this point they've already got this whole issue sorted out. If not, then please post your ticket # and I will be more than happy to intervene and make sure that we get this problem resolved once and for all.

Kie
    Registered+
    Thanks
    • Kie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth TUF, X79 Chipset, Socket 2011
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3930K o/c'd to 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 480GB & 120GB Intel 520 Series SSD's, 2TB WD WD20EARX Caviar Green, 2 x LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray Burners
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x EVGA GTX 680's in SLI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair Pro Series Gold 850AX Fully Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Haf X v.2
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 3 x BenQ XL2420T
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2, 150 down, 30 up

I have to say I've had a couple of RMAs' with Corsair over a few years and found their service to be absolutely exemplary! I know of a few retailers/suppliers that should take a leaf out of Corsair's RMA service. I'm not a Corsair fanboy, although their products are excellent, however I am a fan of good service and I'm sure Corsair will strive to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

I'd endorse Kie's opinion and my experiences have been excellent too. Likewise, my only involvement with Corsair is as a satisfied customer. I'm sure Greybeard can sort this out for you.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to share your positive experience with our customer service. Happy to see those comments coming from first hand accounts. I really hope that OP's RMA has already been sorted out. If not, then I'll make sure that we handle it accordingly and that we reach a resolution right away.

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

I will second the above from Saracen and Kie.

I have a Corsair VOID headset and I broke the USB receiver, completely my fault.

Offered to buy just a receiver and pay shipping, Corsair replaced the entire headset and Greybeard was extremely helpful.

Was a completely stresses process
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Corsair are one of the very few I know of who have reps active on the major computer forums... and indeed, Greybeard is the only one I could actually name off the top of my head.
    They take their customer service very seriously and have a reputation right up the top alongside Logitech and Noctua.

Registered+
    Thanks

I second this so much. On various forums I've seen corsair reps contact users and help them out. When my corsair H100i leaked, one of them helped me out massively

Thread Information