Thread: More DS3 memory problems!!

Thanks

Question More DS3 memory problems!!

Hi Everybody!

I am having so many problems with my DS3/ memory issues, but now I am really stuck- I hope someone can help. This is my first post so please be gentle...

I have just put together my birthday present to my self (tomorrow actually), a new conroe based system. When I read that it was called Allendale I had to get it because that is the name of my village and is meant to be good for OC. I ordered it the day it came on ebuyer. I went for the gigabyte DS3 beacuse of forum reviews.

First I tried OCZ gold ram and got the old power on/ off problem. I did the research and worked out it was probably the ram. I got some new Adata DDR2 6400 Ram and it worked, computer booted fine and was running nicely. I thought 'il try the OCZ in the other slots- it might work now.

same problem again, so i took the OCZ out, still same problem, i tried clearing cmos with both the jumper and removing the battery, no luck, , I took out the Adata, etc etc

So basically my problem is I have RAM that definatly was working, but after putting in the OCZ alongside it the computer is acting like it did with just the OCZ and removing the OCZ doesnt help and so neother does clearing CMOS- although there is no way to tell if the CMOS is clearing as far as I know. WHY does it not work?!! please help or I will be forced to send another mobo back..

blueball
    Is that a dual BIOS board? Make sure it hasn't booted from alternate BIOS with old settings - ie go back into BIOS and see what the settings are just now.

Thanks
    No, unfortunatly the machine wont stay on long enough to get to bios- the psu comes on, goes off after a second or so, then on again and off etc etc. It is exactly the same as when I was using the OCZ ram that is 2 volt i think, the Adata ram is 1.9 volt and was working before.

I can only think it is remembering the settings from when i put in the OCZ ram to try it again and clearing CMOS is not working or I am doing it wrong. I mean I have taken the battery out now and left it for a while and cant think what else to do

Thread Information