Thread: Buying a system from yoyo tech

Thanks

Buying a system from yoyo tech

Just wanted to share my experience of buying a system from yoyo tech (if you haven't got time to read the whole post then the conclusion is that it's been a pretty smooth process!).

Back in March this year I was in the market for a reasonably high-end PC. After reading some reviews I placed an order with a large UK PC supplier, but after seeing some unfavourable comments on customer service, and not getting any traction with their technical department I thought I'd give a smaller, local outfit a try - hey, if things didn't work out at least I could go to the shop and make a scene!

So I started off mailing Ravi at Yoyo tech for some advice about spec - we went through a couple of itterations of me asking questions (some dumb, some relevant) and got to the following spec:

Case: Antech P180
    MOBO: Asus P5N32E-SLI PLUS NF680i SLI
    PSU: Enermax Infiniti 720W EIN720AWT ATX2.2 Modular
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 QUAD CORE
    CPU cooling: Scythe Ninja Plus Fanless HeatPipe Cooler
    Memory: 2Gb (2X1Gb) Corsair TwinX DDR2 XMS2 Dominator, PC8500, 240 Pin, Non-ECC Unbuffered,CAS 5-5-5-15, EPP 1
    GPU: 768Mb XFX 8800GTX PCI-E (x16), Mem 1800 MHz, GPU 575 MHz, 128 Streams, HDTV 2 x Dual Link DVI 1
    HDD: 2 X 150GB RAPTOR AT RAID 1
    HDD: 1 x 320GB Spinpoint
    DVD ROM: Samsung Black, 48 x CD-ROM16 x DVD-ROM, IDE (PATA)
    DVD Rewriter: Samsung SH-S183A/BEBN Black SATA 18x18 ±R Dual Layer DVDRW Writer OEM UK
    Soundcard: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty
    O/S: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit 1Pk OEM (DVD)
    Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 3200 Laser Keyboard/Mouse
    Misc: Akasa AllInOne Black USB2 5¼" 21 Multifunction Panel with Card Reader, Fan Controller, I/O Port provider

So I placed my order and after a couple of weeks, and some hair pulling on the part Courtney (Vista issues!) my mini-beast was ready to be picked up from the shop. When I went in I was taken through the build, shown inside the case, and given enough time to ask some more questions.

I Fired it up at home and everything pretty much worked first time - all of my issues since then have been with Vista drivers - searching for and downloading the latest drivers for the GPU and Soundcard are at least a monthly occurence.

As you'd expect from the spec everything pretty much flies along - and overall I'm very happy with the PC, and with the advice and service from yoyo tech - cheers guys!

Thanks
    Hello matey....good to finally hear from you and see that you are happy with the system spec.

Well as you know, we will always be there to help you with your 'mini beast'. Hope to see you back at the shop soon to upgrade your 'mini beast' into a 'BEAST'

Thanks
    Never met or spoken to anyone who went into their store and was NOT seriously impressed with the place

You could not wish to meet a nicer bunch of guys running the 'goodies' shop

I kept 6 trusted serving men, they taught me all I knew.
    There names were what and where and why and how and when and who.

(I also had the HEXUS forums on speed dial just in case )

Thanks

Re: Buying a system from yoyo tech

I bought my motherboard from yoyo tech, its a Asus P5N-t , besides the the fact i couldn't get into my bios for almost a week an being charged because apparently there was nothing wrong with it when i took it back, they blamed my memory voltage settings , I even bought a nu pair of corsair xms2's just in case....needless to say i have no idea how they tested it cause wot i had to go through to get it to work, is jus short of amazing an it had absolutely nothing to do with boosting up the memory voltage, which is wot the tech guy said he did to get it right. Now every time I update my bios I have to go through the same BS.....but alas a couple minutes into my OS it freezes up .... Now the only working solution for this is a open case with a huge fan. The kinda noisy thing you buy at Tesco's an use to cool down a room with. Why don't i take it back ....hmmmm...an wot pay another £15 to be told there's nothing wrong with it...never again yoyo tech never again. I once sang your praise but never again.

Thanks

I bought my motherboard from yoyo tech, its a Asus P5N-t , besides the the fact i couldn't get into my bios for almost a week an being charged because apparently there was nothing wrong with it when i took it back, they blamed my memory voltage settings , I even bought a nu pair of corsair xms2's just in case....needless to say i have no idea how they tested it cause wot i had to go through to get it to work, is jus short of amazing an it had absolutely nothing to do with boosting up the memory voltage, which is wot the tech guy said he did to get it right. Now every time I update my bios I have to go through the same BS.....but alas a couple minutes into my OS it freezes up .... Now the only working solution for this is a open case with a huge fan. The kinda noisy thing you buy at Tesco's an use to cool down a room with. Why don't i take it back ....hmmmm...an wot pay another £15 to be told there's nothing wrong with it...never again yoyo tech never again. I once sang your praise but never again.

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp and Lg L194WT
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

I tried to go to the shop last time I was in London but ran out of time

I have no problem buying from you and my mates are the same. I tend to call rather than use this forum but you guys are always very helpful and polite

Thanks

Smile Re: Buying a system from yoyo tech

Quote Originally Posted by joeldude View Post
    I bought my motherboard from yoyo tech, its a Asus P5N-t , besides the the fact i couldn't get into my bios for almost a week an being charged because apparently there was nothing wrong with it when i took it back, they blamed my memory voltage settings......
    This isnt really the right topic to be speaking about your issues joeldude, but XMS2 memory generally does need the voltaged changed from the default 1.8v. Standard XMS2 usually needs 1.9v but XMS2 DHX can require up to 2.1v

There are a few questions I would like to ask

Have you attempted to run a memtest?

Have you checked your CPU and motherboard temperatures?

If you are still having problems with your system them please feel free to pop me an email at ben@yoyotech.com or alternatively give me a call on 0870 027 1126

Kind Regards

B

Thread Information