Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WARNING - my experience with yoyo....

Thanks

Thumbs down WARNING - my experience with yoyo....

yesterday i decided i needed a new pc and spent £700 with a retailer only to find the case i wanted was out of stock. i checked the yoyotech website and noticed they had 1 left so decided to order with them. i placed the order at 2pm and got an email stating that the order was done and i must wait for another confimation of payment. by 4:30 i still hadnt got my confirmation so decided to give them a call. 'sorry sir your card has failed the address authorisation' they told me, the money was there but the bank wasnt matching up my address. strange as i used this card already, its not out of its limit and i use it all the time.

i decide to give them another card, they try 3 combinations of my address to no avail, doesnt even work with the othere card, they then tell me ive missed delivery for tomorrow being friday so now theres no chance i can build my pc on the weekend, great.

i wait 20 minutes and have a think, as they are in central london i decide i can go in there in person friday and pick it up, pay with my card over the counter and still get my pc for the weekend. give them a call and they then tell me 'somebody' has just walked into teh store and bought the last one, amazing this happened in teh lat 10 minutes, just as my card was being declined, who would have thought.......

im pretty pissed off at this stage, i start looking online and find the same case somewhere else, try to put my order through and my card is declined, what? suddenly the bank calls me, 'sir are you aware of 3 transactions for the same amount from yoyotech?' they have put all 3 payments through and im up to my limit so now i cant even by my case from another retailer, the weekend is ruined and now i have to wait for yoyotech to reverse the transactions so i can get my case. all quite funny that someone just happened to run into the store and buy the case i had already purchased.

i wanted to warn everyone, nobody likes ordering a new system only to be stuffed around by retailers who take your money.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • _RicH_'s system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT IP35 PRO
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0
      • Memory:
      • 4GB, 4x Corsair 6400c4
      • Storage:
      • 200gb + 320gb seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTX OC2
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Infiniti 720
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22" Widescreen 2ms 3000:1

Re: WARNING - my experience with yoyo....

Banks do strange things, sometimes they take the money out and THEN do the address checks.

I had that happen with overclockers, annoyed the hell out of me as it means 3 days odd waiting for the money to come back.

Strangly enough someone I know recently brought some items from yoyo and entered the address slightly wrong, yoyo said declined yet the money still came out.

When I ordered recently I also had my address slightly wrong, but mine said declined straight away and no money came out at all, so maybe it depends on the bank? Be interesting to know how it works...

Thanks

2 different card with 2 different banks seems funny though.

to put it in context i use 4 different cards about 5 to 6 times a day with online services, airlines etc and bever had a problem with any of them until yoyotech yesterday. im not sure how their system works but all my details were correct and entering them 3 times you think would take out the human error.

Thanks

I bought something from Yoyotech online, the whole ordering process hung. Then it worked, but they emailed to say my address didn't match. Then I spent 10 minutes on their 0870 number to help them sort it out (I live in a Flat, their system didn't like the addressing).

All the guy on the phone could do was cancel my order and tell me to go back online to buy it again. I only have dial-up, so I had to come off that call... and when I got on their site it said they had sold out. So I called up, spent another few £ on their 0870 number for the guy I'd just spoken to to fully cancel my order and make the stock available for purchase again.

Wasted lots of my money and time.

Don't even get me started on the problems I then had once my order arrived and was faulty. When Yoyotech said they didn't have the item in stock to send out to replace my faulty one, and I pointed out their website said they had 2 in stock, I was told the stock count on the website includes all the stock they have, which includes display items and stock that had been returned and was awaiting testing. So if they only have 1 or 2 items on their site, you might find you place an order and they don't actually have something they can send you.

And all this after I went with them as a high street retailer who I thought would have fewer problems than a remote online-only company.

Thanks

the whole 1 in stock, card declined then charged tells me they never had any in stock but still charged me and still have a hold on my card. the fact that i phoned and they then made up some story that a guy walked in, 10mins after i cancelled my order just stinks. the whole experience has left me sour. they have missed out on plenty of business, if they had been honest then i could have possibly understood.

Thanks
    • Nelly.'s system
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 7600
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 2x16GB 5600C36
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 750 PSU
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11 Pro / Linux
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT
      • Internet:
      • 70GB Broadband

Very strange indeed - this happend to me on my last order, the next day I got a call from Yoyotech in which the process was done over the phone & the order went through with no problems.

Thanks

strange also that nobody from yoytech has replied.

Thanks

Hi to all
    First of all Lets put one thing striaght, Yoyotech only takes/processes customers funds once the amount is confirm by the BANKS.

HOW THIS WORKS
    If you are paying Online or paying via phone, as your details are being processed, THE BANKS check your details, NOT YOYOTECH, as long as your details are all correct the BANKS confirm it as 'ALL MATCH', which then allows us to procceed/process the payment. If the ONLINE BANKS/BANKS dont get a FULL 'ALL MATCH' THEY THEN DECLINE THE TRANSACTION, NOT YOYOTECH. This is why we then follow up with a call to the customer to notify him/her whether they still want the goods and if so we will try via phone to process if possible.

Now coming to detail match or not, depends on how the BANKS have your address on there system, NOT YOYOTECH. If you have a flat number then a house number, it may get declined by the BANKS, reason for this, THE BANKS may have
    A flat number on there system
    B house number on there system
    C both numbers on there system
    Again this comes down to yourself and the banks how it has been set up
    All we can do is try and help you to process the order

Coming to Yoyotech taking payment and card details not match or declined
    This is again YOUR BANK NOT YOYOTECH
    How is this?
    When you process a order online or via phone, YOUR BANK is checking the details of the transaction in progress, hence 'ALL MATCH' order processed, goods get shipped
    However, if YOUR BANK 'DECLINE' the process, they also at the same time set aside the amount being requested NOT YOYOTECH
    So everytime you try, YOUR BANK will set the moines to one side, hence its taken from your account
    Yoyotech do NOT have access to that, it is YOUR BANK that has put aside the monies till further notice, If they have had no response it then goes back into your account 3/4 days time.

Please Note this is NOT YOYTECH doing, this is how the Banks work, which is neither your's or our control.

1pc instock
    We show LIVE stock online
    So yes you maybe on phone trying to buy the product, at that moment the sales person would have put 1pc to one side, if your transaction has NOT gone through, that same product comes available to the next person wanting to buy it.
    We do have of customers call in when they see 1pc left instock to confirm its there and then purchase the product.
    Our system updates the stock every 1 to 2hrs throughout the day, however after7pm the next upload would be around 9/10am
    We are looking into a system which will auto the stock at time of purchase.
    We do our best to have LIVE stock available to the customer at all times possible

Where we can we try and help the customer

If you need anymore help or info, Please do PM me and i will try as much
    Regards

Kul
    Last edited by YOYOtech - Kul; 14-09-2007 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YOYOtech - Kul View Post
    Hi to all
    First of all Lets put one thing striaght, Yoyotech only takes/processes customers funds once the amount is confirm by the BANKS.

HOW THIS WORKS
    If you are paying Online or paying via phone, as your details are being processed, THE BANKS check your details, NOT YOYOTECH, as long as your details are all correct the BANKS confirm it as 'ALL MATCH', which then allows us to procceed/process the payment. If the ONLINE BANKS/BANKS dont get a FULL 'ALL MATCH' THEY THEN DECLINE THE TRANSACTION, NOT YOYOTECH. This is why we then follow up with a call to the customer to notify him/her whether they still want the goods and if so we will try via phone to process if possible.

Now coming to detail match or not, depends on how the BANKS have your address on there system, NOT YOYOTECH. If you have a flat number then a house number, it may get declined by the BANKS, reason for this, THE BANKS may have
    A flat number on there system
    B house number on there system
    C both numbers on there system
    Again this comes down to yourself and the banks how it has been set up
    All we can do is try and help you to process the order

Coming to Yoyotech taking payment and card details not match or declined
    This is again YOUR BANK NOT YOYOTECH
    How is this?
    When you process a order online or via phone, YOUR BANK is checking the details of the transaction in progress, hence 'ALL MATCH' order processed, goods get shipped
    However, if YOUR BANK 'DECLINE' the process, they also at the same time set aside the amount being requested NOT YOYOTECH
    So everytime you try, YOUR BANK will set the moines to one side, hence its taken from your account
    Yoyotech do NOT have access to that, it is YOUR BANK that has put aside the monies till further notice, If they have had no response it then goes back into your account 3/4 days time.

Please Note this is NOT YOYTECH doing, this is how the Banks work, which is neither your's or our control.

1pc instock
    We show LIVE stock online
    So yes you maybe on phone trying to buy the product, at that moment the sales person would have put 1pc to one side, if your transaction has NOT gone through, that same product comes available to the next person wanting to buy it.
    We do have of customers call in when they see 1pc left instock to confirm its there and then purchase the product.
    Our system updates the stock every 1 to 2hrs throughout the day, however after7pm the next upload would be around 9/10am
    We are looking into a system which will auto the stock at time of purchase.
    We do our best to have LIVE stock available to the customer at all times possible

Where we can we try and help the customer

If you need anymore help or info, Please do PM me and i will try as much
    Regards

Kul
    yoyo kul da gangsta, thanks for your reply.

firstly DA BANKZ take all my tranactions on a daily basis, from multiple retail outlets. the same way DA BANKZ took 3 tranactions on teh day I attempted to make a tranaction with you. Now do you think you could ask DA BANKZ to refund 3 tranactions on my account made by yoyoyowasup tech that are STILL outstanding?

in this situation we are not talking about ONE DA BANKZ but 2, strange DA BANKZ system fails on both. OTher responses in this thread seem to think that yoyoyos DA BANKZ system is falling down somewhere, if tranactions can be made fine with other retailers but DA BANKZ take 3 tranactions from yoyoyo but still dont let you know that payemtns have been made then do you think its DA BANKZ problem or yoyoy's?

secondly i was never contacted by anyone, but i had to make the contact.

thirdly, the money still hasnt been returend to me, shoudl i start to instigate fraudulent transactions with DA BANKZ against yoyotech? when do you think these transactions will be reversed?

fourth time, im sure in the space of me ALREADY BUYING THE PRODUCT, checking it was still reserved to me on the phone, but due to DA BANKZ having to cancel the sale at 4:30 and then calling back at 4:40, your stock had updated and someone just happened to walk in off the street and buy the same case as me, after you had updated your records. these funny coincidences happen all the time no doubt.

strange how every other DA BANKZ system works fine for me yet for some reason DA BANKZ system at yoyotech has a mind of its own. ignore the problem and continue or accept some feedback froma potential customer and try to make some business in future. i wonder how many other people this happens to that dont write about it on intenet forums, the choice is yours.

i will say i have bought twice from you guys before with no issue but after today i will never again.

Thanks

First up, I'd like to apologies to anyone who has any issue with a transaction with us... ever.

It is VERY rare

I ave been watching this thread closely and will get on the phone with my contacts in the 'merchant services' departments within one or two banks to try and understand why we have gone from 'almost no issues whatsoever', to 'several in a few days'

Kul is correct, that any transaction between a customer and a store is strictly between the customer (and their details) and the processing bank (and their system)

A friend of mine had an issue buying a game for his kid on Steam, where the address field was 'too general' and allowed for a number of combinations of <street number>, <house name> and <street name>

After trying to buy Darwinia on 3 seperate cards, he finally apologised to his son and gave up

Next day, all 3 cards were refused in Sainsbury's and it took several phone calls to 'unblock' the cards again (none of which had any kind of limit/payment issue)

He was blaming Steam - but i explained the system to him and the fact that the backend processing is done elsewhere - on another system - by another company

Nonetheless, as I said, your primary contact is with us and we apologise for any inconvenience caused

I will get onto this with our contacts and try to establish why a handful of customers experienced such difficulties with the Bank's processing systems when trying to buy from YOYOTech

We value your business and, if you find yourself near Windmill Street in the West End of London, then please come in for a chat and a coffee so that I can hear your comments in person

Kind regards,

C.K.

Thanks

its now wednesday and the money still hasnt been returned to me, my credit card is on hold.

i just want to reiterate that i use thee cards all the time with different suppliers without a problem. the fact is on that day i ordered with 2 other suppliers using the same cards, same address details without an issue, same address details.

the other issue is the case that i bought then becoming somehow sold in 10 minutes with the excuse 'oh someone just walked in and bought it'. i also wok in infrastructure and know how fast stock sytems update.

the whole experience has been bad and continues to be, thankfully youyoutech are finally taking some responsibility instead of blaming DA BANKZ for the problem, when clearly other retailers dont have the same issue. unfortunately its taken too long to get this response and even longer to get my money back, which i still dont have.

Thanks

Would just like to point out that being able to use your card with one retailer does not mean if another retailer declines it, the fault is with them. My mum has about 6 credit cards, 2 of them Tesco's & an online bookstore, can't remember which, simply decline every single time she uses them, yet they are fine to be used everywhere else.

She has spent several months trying to get to the bottom of it, and the best response she has got from her bank & cc company so far was along the lines of, it's not the retailer's problem, it is ours but we are not sure why this is happening, we will look into it.

Thanks

sure, its probably not easy to fix. so who do i contact to get my money back? its been 3 working days and 5 normal days, my bank or yoyotech?

thres also the issue of case being sold.

Registered+
    Thanks

M8ty,
    i've had a simillar issue like yours
    and i know its not the retailer, its your bank taking there time ( and they wouldnt tell you that)
    They make you go back and fourth with the retailer, the retailer carn't do much because they dont have it
    I got on to the phone with my bank HSBC told them the issue, they returned my money with in 1/2days.
    Tell ya, the banks are clever, you got to be on there case, because they take you for a ride

THE UNDERTAKER!!!!

Thanks

Hi Dozer

I been looking into this you will need to call your bank (card merchant) - which should resolve the issue dependent on procedure of individual bank as this is completly out of our control - apprently this is a security messure which each bank puts in place to protect consumer and dealer.

As to case been sold there nothing more i can do apart from appologies as Kul explained its merely a F.I.F.O routine.

I sincerly hope we can make your future purchase with us more enjoyable i can understand your frustration but trust me i have looked into this in depth to improve our service but sometimes we are also in hands of third party i hope you can understand that.

Thanks
    • jeffel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5E3 Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q9550 Core2Quad @3.6ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb CSX DDR3 1800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 1TB Samsung 32mb cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x ATI HD4890 1gb Crossfire
      • PSU:
      • Akasa 1000W PSU
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ09B-W Black Aluminium Full Tower Case/Side Window
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP SP3 & Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x 21.5" Benq 1920x1080 5ms
      • Internet:
      • 20MB O2

hi everyone..i had some bad experience as well.i send several email regarding some items i was planning to buy ..they didnt even send me a single reply so now i have decided to purchase components from else where..i guess they were busy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information