Thread: asus p5k ide conection ???

Thanks

Question asus p5k ide conection ???

Hi Have just taken delivery of asus p5k mobo, 6750 cpu, 2 gb ram and 1950 pro graphcs card.
    Have connected 2 x sta drives to the sata ports and the bios sees them ok, the problem I have is that I have connected 2 ide hard drives to the IDE port but I can find no indication that the bios has detected them as they are not listed anywhere. Could this be a problem with the ide connector on the motherboard or have I missed something. The jumpers etc are fine and have tried setting them to both cs select and master/slave.
    Any ideas

Registered User YOYOtech - Mark's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: asus p5k ide conection ???

hi there, i don't think the bios will detect the ide channel....
    you can try the following -
    only try 1 drive on the ide channel
    make sure the setting in the bios are set correctly - see manual section 4-24 about how you would need to configure the ide channel for this board...
    thank
    mark

Thanks

All bios setting regarding the jmicron sata/pata interface are ok set to ide. When a dvdrw is connected to the interface the drawer open button does not respond but when the ide cable is disconnected the button works ok and you can open the drawer. If an ide hard drive is connected it spins constantly. have tried setting ide device to CS and master but made no difference.
    Also the Rj45 lan connection does not work, no indicator lights are shown and when you try to load the driver from the asus disk it reports there is no lan card in the system the lan connector is enabled in the bios. It looks like I may have bought a lemon.

Thanks

I'm having the same issue today as well... bought a Asus P5K mobo, and my old IDE DVD isn't even turning on. It will power on, only if I remove the IDE cable. Frustrating to say the least... Also, I can't seem to create a RAID array with my 2 SATA drives. I probably need to boot from CD first before that happens.... at this point, I'm stuck (and thinking of buying SATA DVD drive or new mobo.)

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi

If you beleive your product to be faulty, simply fill in the RMA form on their site and send the motherboard back to YOYOtech.

Be sure to check that your IDE drives' jumpers are set correctly and try another IDE cable.

Your motherboard will be tested by YOYOtech and replaced if it is found to be faulty.
    Last edited by Andr0; 21-12-2007 at 05:43 PM.

Thanks

Hi
    Sure, if you think it is faulty, rma the board, and we will sort it out asap for you

Kul

Thanks
    • HappyJack's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5K
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core Duo E6600 with AC Freezer Pro 7 cooler
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Twin X 2GB DDR2-6400
      • Storage:
      • Western Digital 500GB SATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI RX2600XT 512Mb DDR3 (one of those silent ones with a huge finned radiator)
      • PSU:
      • Fusion 550W ECO 80 (comes in Arctic SilentiumT1 Case)
      • Case:
      • Arctic Cooling Silentium T1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Phillips 200W6
      • Internet:
      • BTinternet Broadband

I found this thread because I had a similar problem. I built a PC using the P5K with 2 SATA HDs but the BIOS screen wouldn't see my DVD combo and when I put the original Windows (XP) SP2 disk in the optical drive turned a bit, then stopped, and my screen was blank. Having tried all the obvious stuff (even bought a SATA optical drive - same result) - I decided to replace the 2 SATA drives (which were previously in a RAID 0 pairing) with a new single WD 500GB SATA drive. Guess what! All now working as expected. Don't ask me why but clearly though the old drives were "recognised", they were not "appreciated" by either the P5K &/or Windows! (I shall see if I can low-level format the old SATAs (Samsung Spinpoints 250's) externally! You don't say if your drives were old or "reclaimed" - maybe this will help. This grief has taken me the whole weekend to sort!

Thanks

I have this same problem but I am using a single SATA WD 500gb drive.

I've got an IDE dvd-rw and it's not doing anything when the IDE cable is plugged in

Thanks

Hi guys.

I have an ASUS P5k.

I have 2 SATA drives connected to SATA1 & SATA3 and an IDE dvd writer.
    I wanted to build a RAID to i bought another SATA drive identical to one of previous 2 but when i set from BIOS the JMICRON driver to be in RAID mode i cannot see my DVD drive. JMICRON bios shows my dvd drive during booting but i cannot see it in windows. I can even select the dvd drive for booting and it says RAIDVD....

Do you know if the JMICRON chipset support IDE drives even if set in RAID mode?

Thanks
    Mihai

Thread Information