Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dissapointed

Thanks

Dissapointed

I have always been a great fan of Scan due to the combination of good customer service and good prices, however my experience with my most recent order has not been so good.

I placed the order on Sunday 5th and was a bit surprised that the option for Tuesday delivery was available but also rather pleased as I ideally needed the delivery for use during the day tomorrow (Wednesday 9th) so I could prepare my machine for going the Multiplay's i31 lan on Thursday (I have little time available to me on Thursday before I leave for the event and have found playing with hardware at Lans is not always a good idea).

On late Monday 6th I received a Delayed Order Notification (due to unexpected volumes in the warehouse), which was not entirely unexpected as I often read these forums, though do not post. As a result of this I phoned customer services just after 9am this morning to change the delivery option to pre midday and confirm it would be sent today. I received e-mail confirmation of this as well as "Your order should get dispatched today for delivery tomorrow". Shortly after this I received a text message and an e-mail informing me there was a payment problem with the order (payment for the order had already been taken on the Monday this was just a problem with the extra payment for the more expensive delivery option), I immediately phoned customer support and was informed that this was the result of a mistake made by the member of staff I had spoken to earlier, this was corrected and tracking on the website confirms payment was authorised at 09:26 this morning. These mistakes happen, and due to Scan keeping me well informed there was no problem so far.

However, I have just now received another Delayed Order Notification (due to unexpected volumes in the warehouse). Despite the order already being delayed for this reason once and reassurance both verbally and by e-mail that it would be sent out today it has not been. This is a significant inconvenience to me, particularly as it is too late for me to find another supplier to deliver the items on time.
    I am currently trying to find out if someone will be available to take delivery of the items on Thursday morning as I will be away, but it seems that the house will be empty for at least part of the morning. This is not the level of service I expect from Scan, and is certainly going to give me something to think about when considering where to place future orders or make recommendations to friends.

Thanks
    Zephran,

Please PM me your invoice number and I shall check the status of the order asap for you.

If I can I shall also see if I can nudge it along any quicker for you

Thanks
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    Last edited by Zephran; 07-08-2007 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks
    Zephran,

I am looking into this order now I shall give you an update in the next 5 - 10 miins

Thanks
    Zephran,

The sharkoon 120mm fans you ordered are currently out of stock.

We do have these available :

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=373995

Let me know if you wish to change the fans and I shall get the order picked asap for you.

Thanks
    Carlh

Thanks for the offer but I do not want any other fan. Changing the order at the point would make little difference anyway as there will be no one here to receive the delivery for part of tomorrow morning and I will be leaving for the weekend mid afternoon.

Also, are you sure these are out of stock. During my first phone call yesterday the member of staff initially thought the item was out of stock but then checked further and said something like it was at your other warehouse. Your website still shows the item as in stock ( http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=373993 ) and has done since the order was placed.

Thanks for your assistance.

Thanks
    Zephran,

These fans are 100% out of stock, I have physically checked the warehouse where they should be and the box which they are normally in is still there but empty.

I shall check with the 2nd warehouse shortly and update accordingly however our system shows that the items shouldnt be at the 2nd warehouse anyway however I shall check with them to see if they have been sent there in error.

Regards,

Thanks
    Thanks for your efforts. If you do confirm they are out of stock can you please tell me when you expect to get another delivery.

Thanks
    Zephran,

I have confirmed that the item isnt in stock.

I shall try and get an ETA from our purchasing team this afternoon.

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 2gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 512gb samsung SSD +1tb Samsung HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama XB3270QS-B1 32" IPS 1440p
    I've just fallen foul of this one as well, looks like there's a problem with the 2000rpm golfball listing as it's still saying "in stock" but is "out of stock"

Poke whoever is in charge of the website Carl, I'd sugest something pointy and sharp

And Carl told me around 5 working days for new stock, so next wed at the eairliest. (but I don't work for scan so don't quote me on it)

Thanks
    Zephran,

The order has to be placed with SIlverstone however I have been advised this should be done later today/tomorrow

Once the order has been placed it should be here in about 5 working days therefore were hoping to have the stock wed/thurs next week.

Once I get anything confirmed from the purchasing team I shall let you know.

Regards,

Thanks
    Calh,

Thanks for the information, I assume you mean Sharkoon rather than Silverstone. Also, as Pob255 mentioned above, the website shows them still to be in stock.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I have just placed an order for 9 Sharknoon fans as they were in stock. They are due to arrive on Friday and i cannot have them any later.

I will be very annoyed with Scan if I find these to be out of stock. I would have thought that the website runs real time stocking, if you don't then I am disappointed. You really need to get someone to sort the stock levels out on the website. You are misleading people.

I will wait to see what happens....

Thanks
    katana6434

Where are you coming from with your post dude ?

We have stock showing and I have confirmed we have plenty of stock in ?

Thanks
    ChrisP

I would assume katana6434 is refering to the fact that Carlh has stated above that the 120mm Sharkoon fans I have ordered are out of stock ( http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=373993 )

Thanks
    Different fans tho

Thread Information