Thread: AN8 32X M/B problems

Thanks

AN8 32X M/B problems

Hello
    I have a AN8 motherboard that has red lights under it when you try to power up, tiny diodes that light up bright red, first time it happend I thought it was dead short and pulled the power lead out quick as possible.
    To explain, I obtained the motherboard in a sale, fully boxed complete and looked unused apart from the two CD's missing, it was take it or leave it.

Built it into a nice Lian Li case, including the two screws Buff mentioned, well they do align with clip holes. hung most bits on it then gave it a quick power up, just to see if it would run, thats when I found the lights that I can find no reference to.

Removed it from the case put it on a foam sheet with just AMD 64x2 3800 cpu artic fan and Psu, shorted the power pin to start, the fan flipped then stopped the red lights were on but dim all over the underside of the board, tried a new Psu, rebuilt it all into the case, now it starts and stops, pulses every 3 seconds, fan fiips red lights on off repeated.

I thought it could be a compassiter shorting out and recharging?

Can anyone offer any reason for this, or ideas, before I bin it.
    Not all is lost, I will be getting another ditto m/b.

Sorry this my first post is such heavy going.

regards
    pacer.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: AN8 32X M/B problems

Am I misreading your post? Cos it sounds like your board is supposed to have red lights on the bottom of the board, decoration. Not that there is something wrong with it.

If your board is having trouble starting up check that you have connected all the necessary power connectors and have a suitably powerful PSU. Your board should also have an LED POST display, does any code show up when it fails to start/pulses?

Registered+
    Thanks

I think young people would refer to it as 'bling' or something, and I know where you are coming from because it freaked me out when I powered up my AN8 32X rig for the first time to be greeted by the funky little light show, but I have to admit it looks rather good if the board is mounted in an acrylic case.

P.S My board will only start up if RAM & graphics card are present!, as well as CPU obviously.
    Last edited by MouseMonkey; 24-08-2007 at 03:37 PM. Reason: technical omission

Thanks

Brilliant I thought my mind had gone, there is no reference to this light display that I could find, thanks mate you have saved the day.
    I had'nt intended the mb to run, only let me know if it was ok if you know what I mean, after the lights I was afraid to fit the new matched mem I have in case I burnt it.
    regards pacer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pacer View Post
    Brilliant I thought my mind had gone, there is no reference to this light display that I could find, thanks mate you have saved the day.
    I had'nt intended the mb to run, only let me know if it was ok if you know what I mean, after the lights I was afraid to fit the new matched mem I have in case I burnt it.
    regards pacer
    Sorry Tetras I can't get my reply in the right place plus being told I should'nt be here?and loosing my reply, I have a 550watt psu and it seems I have connected it right? Mousemonkey knows of the lite thingy having seen it himself, why is it not in the manual???
    pacer

Registered+
    Thanks

Glad I could help, I couldn't post a piccy 'cos my post count ain't high enough.

Thanks

Thanks again, put my new memory in but no display card and it run, stopped with 83 on the post display.
    I should have my display card end of next week and feel sure it will be up and running.
    I have ignored the lights now I know.

regards pacer

Thread Information