Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gamerscore - why is mine so low?

Thanks
    hold on then...whats this no flamming then, i'm a moron am i????? well if thats not flamming then.... a simple comment that the achievments makes you play games you normaly wouldnt!! a fair comment, calling me a moron?? i'm sure hexus doesnt approve of them comments?? as for whether i care about it, well i wouldnt of commented if i didnt. now i know you have put many many hours into viva pinata trying to get all the achievments and that is why your so upset by my comments..its ok dont worry and i do find the game "rubbish".
    As for the "crappy and "kiddy" ...erm when did i say them two words????

its amazing how a small fair comment has many of you getting ya backs up and all them people seem to be gamescore whores...

i would just stick to r6 vegas, forza, and gears because there the only games i enjoy playing.
    Last edited by gtech; 06-06-2007 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS
    Quote Originally Posted by gtech View Post
    hold on then...whats this no flamming then, i'm a moron am i????? well if thats not flamming then.... a simple comment that the achievments makes you play games you normaly wouldnt!! a fair comment, calling me a moron?? i'm sure hexus doesnt approve of them comments??
    then a mod can do what they like with them.

people seem to be under the mistaken impression that i behave differently with people online compared to offline.

as for whether i care about it, well i wouldnt of commented if i didnt. now i know you have put many many hours into viva pinata trying to get all the achievments and that is why your so upset by my comments..its ok dont worry and i do find the game "rubbish".
    "you spent ages on achievements so you're defending the game"? no. sorry, but no. i've been at this for more than long enough to be able to recognize a good game compared to a bad one. i spent ages playing the game because it's fun. the achievements came along for the ride.

considering hundreds of (grown, male) reviewers disagree with your view of the game - the vast majority, infact - perhaps you're the one who's wrong?

it might not float your boat - which is fair enough, personally i hate sports games - but that certainly doesn't make it rubbish.

either you're wrong by declaring "the game sucks because it's for kids" or wrong by declaring "the game sucks because i personally don't get it". at any rate, you're simply wrong.

terribly sorry, "rubbish" and "kids" are obviously completely different to "crappy" and "kiddy". i've twisted your words into a pale shadow of their former selves

3. Received thanks from:

dannyboy83 (19-06-2007)

Thanks
    ok i'm wrong its a good kids game that i personally dont like, i have played it and i thought i was rubbish,
    people seem to be under the mistaken impression that i behave differently with people online compared to offline.
    your just rude in general then.

Thanks
    • Blademrk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I5
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8 Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • onboard Intel Graphics (for now)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Dell & 20" DELL 2005w
      • Internet:
      • 32mb/sec Sky BB
    it is a way to get you to play rubbish games...viva pinata!! kids game but im seeing grown adults play it just to get points/achievements,

As has been said before, people don't just play VP for achievement points, it happens to be a good game in it's own right and people would play it AP or no AP.

I find AP a really good system, and yes it does get you playing games you wouldn't normally play (I borrowed Madden 07 from a friend and got all 1000 points on it before he sold it on ebay, not a game I'd normally play but was surprised how much I enjoyed it) and other games such as Oblivion are so free form that I found the AP gave me something to aim for while playing it. And yes, you do get some who play simply for AP

btw, gtech, if your wondering why people attack your posts, it's mostly due to your attitude towards the 360 which really does come through in what you've typed and through that people form an opinion of you (generally, the opinion that despite owning one, you're completely anti-360) and most if not all your posts regarding the 360 sound angry and aggressive toward it and it's user-base.
    Feel Free to add me to your Raptr, XFire, XBL or PSN Friend List
    My Steam Profile - Hexus Steam Community

Thanks
    well i apologise if i sound angry but i hate the gamerscore system, i dont hate (well...) the xbox360 but then i dont love it, theres a few xbox exclusive games i like, as for the whole me n sony vs microsoft....bull, i just think the ps3 is better than the xbox and wii. its some users comments that make me even more anti-xbox, i've had 2 360's now 1st got for £150 sold for £200 second is me brother-in laws whos has basically given it to me but doesnt get played, i play forza round friends but his has the red light district bug and he is waiting on new one (appalling customer service he is getting).. it seems im getting the biggest anti-xbox user tag... also i played and completed everything in oblivion all in 200hrs not once did i lust after any achievment.

and thank you for recognizing that people DO just play it for achievment points, that was my argument!!! you are going to get people playing games they wouldnt normaly play just for the points and some of them games are going to be good some "rubbish" .
    Last edited by gtech; 06-06-2007 at 05:03 PM.

Has all the piri-piri! GeorgeTuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    it is a way to get you to play rubbish games...viva pinata!! kids game but im seeing grown adults play it just to get points/achievments, theres lots of rubbish games out there that people are playing ONLY for achievments, my 360 has sat gathering dust for 6 weeks now (ooh ive only played my ps3 twice in 1 month) so its not about achievments....THIS IS NOT FLAMING....Thats why this guy has a low gamescore because he only plays the games he likes.
    and george i come here to read different articles and threads, just because my views are dramatically different from yours doesnt give you the right to say "dont know why you come here anyways" dont take offense from my comments, theres no need for you too, i have been using microsoft products since windows 3.1 so i have a right to comment on them and because i own a 360 gives me even more rights to comment in the microsoft thread. the comment i made had no flamming in it only to MS and everyone here has done that more than once.. so my original comment that it was microsofts way to get you to play rubbish games you normaly wouldnt is true because i see it happening, the person whos wants to be no.1 gamescorer is at some point going to have to play a game he/she doesnt like but will just to get the points..fact.. now please dont come back with silly comments, and to any admins reading this --there is no flamming--, as for the ps3 trophy thingy, i'm not bothered as long as they bring out the games i'm excited about (mgs,re5,gta4), the closest thing i get to awards is getting badges on bf2142, but if dice added a stuffed spanish donkey that you have to hit to get sweets then the awards would stop.
    Gtech, this is what you always do. Write some smart arse comment about PS3/Xbox and then in your next reply proceed to say you meant something else and that I (or others) are really the bad party. Now maybe you have bi-polar personality disorder but I doubt it. Stop using the ownership of a console to defend against the fanboy accusations, its boring. And as for the use of products such Windows surely you have used them because everyone else does, not to prove you have a right to comment on products and I'm sure you'll agree a PC OS such as OSX, Linux and Windows is very different from videogames consoles.

And as for our views are different there are at least a few articles where you disagree at the start and then end up taking my position and saying I was wrong.

The pervasive Xbox achievements system is popular system as can be seen in one example on Hexus whereby many have signatures that include their tag, and also the number of MS community websites that surround it and use it.
    Last edited by GeorgeTuk; 06-06-2007 at 05:09 PM.

Stealth Geek - And Proud!

Thanks
    sorry your wrong george, i stand by everything i said.
    ive never really got on with the 360 and my view has never changed. i 've always preferred the ps3 and my view has never changed, ive never taken your postion and that has never changed, and that smart-arsed comment is actually true...."people play crap games to get AP"

Flying prans are the flalalum Veles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes some do, some being the important word. I also really don't see why you have a problem with it. If people are willing to waste money for the sake of 1000 gamerscore, then I don't see how that effects you to the point that you have to troll forums about it.
    Last edited by Veles; 06-06-2007 at 05:49 PM.

Veles on: Xbox live, My Halo stats
    Veles343 on: Xfire, Steam, BF2, BF2142
    My Blog

Thanks
    nope im not a forum troller, i read these forums regularly, and im interested in the way people love the AP so much they will plays games they wouldnt normaly play, which goes back to my original comment. and that is why matey has a low gamerscore because he only play games he likes and he's not a scorewhore, you do get them he didnt know about it so i'm in
    forming him about what some people do, a fair topic i'd say seen this is a microsoft forum.

Thanks
    • spazman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS3
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 320gb RAID 0 , 250gb IDE , 160gb IDE, 400bg USB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 7900GX2
      • PSU:
      • 750watt Enermax
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" LCD 19" CRT
      • Internet:
      • Be Unlimited
    I rented king kong with the sole purpose of getting 1000 game******* in a few hours. Shame the game is 'rubbish' i gave up after the first level. I'm of a a very mixed opinion on the whole things, its awsome that you can compare yourself to friends and it does add the incentive to play more of the game. However the way points are dished out are so inconsistent between games its annoying. King Kong is a good example of them just being tagged on rather than being thought through, one i thought had a very good points system (whatever your opinion on the actual game) was COD3. Oh and why has this descended into a xbox vs ps3 thread, fanboyism is lame.
    NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, GBA, DS, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3 60gb, XBOX, XBOX 360, Master System, Game Gear, Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast, PC Engine, Neo Geo CD

Flying prans are the flalalum Veles's Avatar
    Thanks
    nope im not a forum troller, i read these forums regularly, and im interested in the way people love the AP so much they will plays games they wouldnt normaly play, which goes back to my original comment.
    I suggest you word your posts better then, it seemed like you came into this topic just to slag everyone off as achievement whores.

microsofts way of getting you to play the rubbish that you wouldnt normally play!!
    I wouldn't really call that interest, I'd call that spamming. In your first comment, you just came into the thread with a completely fanboyish comment, it didn't help answer Taz's question at all, and it was only vaguely related to the topic, I think in most forums that would be considered spam.
    Last edited by Veles; 06-06-2007 at 06:19 PM.

Veles on: Xbox live, My Halo stats
    Veles343 on: Xfire, Steam, BF2, BF2142
    My Blog

Thanks
    Last edited by gtech; 06-06-2007 at 07:28 PM.

Has all the piri-piri! GeorgeTuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    TBH mate we are bored of you too. You always do the same ending anyway.

Stealth Geek - And Proud!

Thanks
    sorry your wrong george, i stand by everything i said.
    ive never really got on with the 360 and my view has never changed. i 've always preferred the ps3 and my view has never changed, ive never taken your postion and that has never changed, and that smart-arsed comment is actually true...."people play crap games to get AP"

Gtech if you have never really got on with the xbox 360 why dont you advertise it for sale in the buy/sell subforum, I am sure someone would be willing to take the console of your hands for a reasonable amount

Thanks
    • Blackmage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P67-GD65
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 2600k
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gb Hynix DDR3 1333
      • Storage:
      • Crucial m4 120Gb, 2TB Samsung F4
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI HD5830
      • PSU:
      • 700w Coolermaster Gold Plus
      • Case:
      • Xclio/Aplus Windtunnel
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic VX2239WM 22" LCD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Broadband 10mbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlh View Post
    Gtech if you have never really got on with the xbox 360 why dont you advertise it for sale in the buy/sell subforum, I am sure someone would be willing to take the console of your hands for a reasonable amount
    I agree, it's oblivious you like PS3. you views just stir trouble and it's not the first time.

Odc
    Thanks
    • Odc's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Corsair MX100, 500Gb Samsung
      • Graphics card(s):
      • SLI Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448
      • PSU:
      • 750W Enermax
      • Case:
      • CoolerMaster Centurion 5
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell SP2309W
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2
    Close this thread tbh. It's gone past being useful and is now just a fat flaming session.

Hexus Trust = Odesi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information