Hi all,

I am having woes with getting online for COD4.

I am on Virgin Media Broadband
I use a Linksys WAG54 router
I have a CAT 5 connection to the router (hard wired that is :O>)

I have set a static IP on the PS3 - 192.168.0.100 255.255.255.0 Gateway 192.168.0.254
I am using Virgin's DNS servers

I have tried this with the PS3 in and out of the DMZ

When I run PS3 system tests I get passes on everything. The uPnP status in unavailable and the Nat is either 2 or 3 depending on whether it is in or out of the DMZ.

I can sign intot he PSN no probs, I can goto the stores and download etc no probs.

When I run COD 4 I goto Multiplayer
Select Play Online
The screen then goes blank and brings up the Lobby screen. At this point this happens :-

PS 3 in DMZ : Screen just shows lobby, LAN activity goes nuts and the router is flashing away for WAN (internet) connectivity. It stays like this - Not even the PS button will respond on the controller - I have to power it off.

PS 3 NOT in DMZ : Screen just shows lobby and the message box (Downloading Game Settings...), LAN activity goes nuts and the router is flashing away for WAN (internet) connectivity. It stays like this - Not even the PS button will respond on the controller - I have to power it off.

Any ideas?? Before I had the replacement PS3 it would do this but after about 3 - 5 mins it would carry on OK but now it just sits there. It also has never asked me about any updates and I thought COD4 had some patches on PS3??

This is driving me nuts, everyone is banging on about COD4 multiplayer and I am left watchign the lobby screen for hours !!

Cheers guys,

Moose