Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xbox One Update

ZaO

Re: Xbox One Update

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    But is it overboard?

It might be to you. But all it really is is that I've thought about privacy, and I highly value mine. And I will go out of my way to protect that which I value.

Perhaps you are underboard? The difference in stance suggests that either you haven't thought about it (and I doubt that), or you don't value it as highly as I do.

But ..... who's to say that in 5 years, or 25 years, you won't be wishing you'd been a bit more guarded about privacy?

My stance is simple. I know I cannot keep absolute privacy, so I don't worry about that. But I also know that I can do some things to keep information off the net, and more especially, out of corporate hands, and that if I relax that, if I let them get ANYTHING, once they've got it, they've got it for good. I can always change my mind and ease up, but you can't .... if you're lax about privacy now, it's gone forever, even if you come to regret it. Not that you necessarily will, just that you might.

So perhaps it's not me being "overboard", but you being "reckless" with privacy.

I would also point out, just for clarity, that my stance of the XBox and my stance on privacy aren't the same thing. There might be an overlap, but it's a small one. They're really different issues, and one is principle, one pragmatism.
    Good points mate. I feel what you're saying. It's been proven time and time again that we can't trust a lot of these corps with our personal details. We're just profit to them, not people (Not putting words in your mouth. That's just how I see it with a lot of them).

Thanks

I can't understand why Microsoft can collectively become so stupid. The thinking behind the xbox plan was clearly a non starter to everyone apart from Microsoft, yet they pressed on regardless to E3 for guaranteed maximum damage. Now Microsoft need to spend a fortune on a PR campaign and have lost the biggest media event in the gaming calender. They might as well postpone the Xbox One launch and start again next year at E3.

Microsoft is the Muppet show.

Thanks
    • MrNeil's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z490 VISION G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 10700KF
      • Memory:
      • 16gig G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • x2 Kingston 240GB HyperX SSDWD + 480gig evo 500GB Caviar Blue Hard
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Vega 56 Red Dragon
      • PSU:
      • 850W EVGA SuperNOVA G2,
      • Case:
      • NZXT H440 STEEL Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Window 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC G2770PF 144Hz and a HP 27hq
      • Internet:
      • TalkyTalk 76mb

just when some things was getting better !!

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2013/06/2...er#more-221352

Registered+
    Thanks

Microsoft appear to be on a self destruct course at the moment. Are they completely determined to lose all of their customers?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information