• Jazz/Blues

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dance Music Vs The World

Thanks
    Originally posted by Russ
    rock, bon jovi - tbh
    Woohoo!

i'm torn between two. rock and dance but genraly i listen to most types of music.

Thanks
    Went for Rock, although it was quite a tough one... I do love dance music, but always come back to Rock in the end...

Dance music has had a massive impact on the UK, it was after all the dominant music to be pushing the boundaries for about 12-15 years (1987-200?).

It's not just drug monkeys that listen to it either, I have known several people who live for dance music and never touch anything like that.

I also love the way that there are so many strains of dance music, my favourite is Goa Trance, like Return to the Source stuff

Paranoid??? Who Me???
    Thanks
    so wheres the option for all of the above??? coz i know if I look in my mp3 collection they'll be at least a couple of tracks from each of the genre above...

but i've gotta go with the rock.. its where my music life started... closely followed by Dance coz its influenced me in so many ways I never thought music could.. (hats off to ya Barakka m8e.. you introduced me to it!!)

Originally posted by Howard
    Dance is for ecstacy popping idiots
    and Howard... sorry m8e.. get your head out of ya @r$e!! thats the biggest load of sh!t i've ever read in this forum.. closely followed by

From personal experience 95% of people I've seen smoking/doing drugs are fairly unpleasant people who I and many other people don't like to associate with
    sorry... your personal experience obviously counts for jack sh!t... how old are you? 16? 17? wait until you get out in the real world before you start spouting off about something you obviously know nothing about!!!

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    Firstly, I apologised and retract my statement about the ecstacy and dance music bit, so why go on about it Kaillum?

And secondly, the bit about smoking and drugs is my OPINION and what most people in my area think. Maybe they're regarded more highly where you live, but most (I admit not all, but a large amount) of people who "do drugs" aren't nice people.

And about alcohol.. Again the cretins bit was maybe too harsh, I admit I give my opinions wrongly sometimes, and do enjoy a drink myself, what I meant was I disagree (there, not so harsh) with "binge drinking" or whatever it's called, where people go out and drink huge amounts and feel awful in the morning.

All this aside, I don't wanna create any sour relationships with anyone on these forums I apologise for my immature attitude towards these issues.

Thanks for listening..
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    Have to agree with you Kaillum, it seems that wherever you go (musically) you always come back to your roots. With the likes of you and me it's Rock as that's where we discovered the power music can play in your life. Other people I know first discovered this with dance music and can't stand listening to anything with a guitar riff - each to their own.

Some people get really into the genre of music they first discover, and never let anything else in, as some people i've met like Rock/Metal and curse and spit if you play ddance music. This is not a problem, they have a strong devotion to the style of music they like.

The ones I don't like are people with No Preference, i've only ever met one person who this was 100% true about, and it was scary. She had one CD player in a £40 portable stereo thingy (as she called it) but it only got plugged in about twice a year, and she only had "about 3 CD's" - that she was given with it ! I felt ill for about a week

As for the drugs/music thing, in times of worry turn to the late, great Bill Hicks:
    See I think drugs have done some good things for us. If you don't think drugs have done good things for us then do me a favor. Go home tonight and take all of your records,tapes and all your CD's and burn them. Because, you know all those musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal f***ing high on drugs, man.

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    Firstly, I apologised and retract my statement about the ecstacy and dance music bit, so why go on about it Kaillum?

And secondly, the bit about smoking and drugs is my OPINION and what most people in my area think. Maybe they're regarded more highly where you live, but most (I admit not all, but a large amount) of people who "do drugs" aren't nice people.

And about alcohol.. Again the cretins bit was maybe too harsh, I admit I give my opinions wrongly sometimes, and do enjoy a drink myself, what I meant was I disagree (there, not so harsh) with "binge drinking" or whatever it's called, where people go out and drink huge amounts and feel awful in the morning.

All this aside, I don't wanna create any sour relationships with anyone on these forums I apologise for my immature attitude towards these issues.

Thanks for listening..
    Your attitude is only immature because of your lack of experience dude, i'm sorry meself, flew off at you there a biut too harshly. Don't think its only you, i do it to everyone with that kinda stuff.

Most of the people you know that take drugs are the scallies that hang around at your local bus stop, no?

they're idiots anyway and to base an opinion on anything they do is gonna lead to disagreements.

There are always gonna be differences in opinion and you've taken this one a helluva lot better than most people i disagree with.

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    I took it "a helluva lot better" cos I realised I was in the wrong

And yes most of the people I know who take drugs are bus-stop townies, but don't actually hang around the bus stops that I know of, more around the outside of school and near the shops
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    I have a wide and varied taste in music but r and b and also rap can bite me frankly

Thanks
    Its gotta be metal/grunge/punk. New Distillers album on 14th October!

herbalist
    Thanks
    And secondly, the bit about smoking and drugs is my OPINION and what most people in my area think.
    how can you say you think this stuff is wrong of your own free will when you say that everyone else thinks its wrong?! if this is so, then you are being influence. i listen to Drum n Bass, Hip-Hop n some dance and i have never taken pills, and never will. I know people who take pills, most of them are damn good friends who i'd trust with my life, and they are just people who take a drug out of personal choice.
    i'm goin out tonight to a club, i'll drink and more than likely have a toke. does that make me a bad person?
    i don't see why everyone is so prejudiced against users of recreational drugs (apart from crack n smack - heads), its so dumb, just following what the government and other fools tell you about drug users. i still dream of a day when people can put what the f*ck they want into their bodies without being persecuted. peace and mellowness.

if war is the answer, then we are asking the wrong question
    2 things i hate the most - xenophobia and the french
    "chuffing"

Thanks
    Depends what you mean by dance. If you mean the 'drivel' that genrally gets in the charts then no. I however LOVE the more under ground stuff.

I don't think i'll be drawn on the dance and drugs issue, had that argument once too often and find that genrally people are to quick to judge due to sereotypes

slave of the hypnotoad
    Thanks
    well, i went with Lead Head on hip-hop, as the vote is clearly rigged into spreading thin the votes for RnB/rap/hip-hop! at least i can be thankful none of them got grouped together with garage as lots of clubs like to do! :\

i do like some dance music too though, (hard) trance mainly, i like to listen to it outside the clubs too, i find it relaxing!

kind of the opposite to Howard then, except for out mutual dislike/hate of garage!

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    Its mainly dance (not trance lite, the older harder stuff mostly) and rock that fills my playlist. Depends what im in the mood for really

Thanks
    Metal / Rock all the way!

Metallica, Iron Maiden, Audioslave, The Darkness, Stereophonics (slightly outta place but still rock)

So true about the rock / metal heads spitting on dance music It just doesn't appeal to me at all but I can see how the experience of clubbing works for ppl. All the senses - hearing, touch (pumping bass), sight (good light shows) all combined should be amazing.

Some odd tracks from different genres I can really listen to but the mainstay is Metal / Rock.

Thanks
    I like a bit of dance music esp the waltz and tango

Tbh I like all kinds of music apart from jazz, just can't get into that one.

It also depends what mood I'm in to what I listen too but they all sound pretty good to me coming outta me Missions 500's f/standers wid spike and me Arcam seperates
    Founder of stupidity

Thanks
    deep house and tech house here...but i totally can't stand hard house,trance and eurocheese

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information