Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hexus 4th Photo Challenge

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks

Hexus 4th Photo Challenge

Last standard of the Autumn challenge was pushed higher again and the resulting winner was Hoodmeister with his great picture. without futher dilly-dallying I would like to march on with the next challenge, and this one will be a little different so pay attention to the rules

THE 4th HEXUS PHOTO-CHALLENGE WILL BE:

"Photo Editing"

As per usual you take as many photos as you like but due to the nature of the challenge I've given you all a bit longer to really show us what you've got. So, it will run from now (Tuesday 25th) to Sunday 6th November...
    Its your chance to be as inventive as you want...the more unusual the better!
    Subject matter does not matter for this one. You chose how much editing you wish to do, it could be loads, it could be a simle sharpen up and recolourisation. So basically you've all got a free reign to capture what ever you want, and with almost 2 weeks you've got long enough to come up with something!

Usual submission rules apply:
    You resize your image to 800 x 600 pixels and less than 200k Maximum - smaller is ok but please no bigger, otherwise it will not be accepted.
    Do not forget that the emphasis of this challenge is still on photography, so your result should be related to your skills as a photographer but with a twist.
    Submissions of artwork created entirely in an editing suit (i.e. PS or Gimp etc) will not be accepted, in other words the result must have started as a photograph.

You Upload your image to a server (there's a list in the sticky at the top of decent ones you can use) and note down the location... which will be something that I (or anyone else) can put image tags around for posting here [if not, then it won't be included 'cause I won't know how to get to it ]
    you then email the location to the following address:

hexus.creativephotos (at) gmail (dot) com

with the subject heading/title "EDITING"

PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR PICTURE...If you send me your picture its entry cannont be guarenteed, send me its uploaded location. PLEASE MAKE SURE THE LINK WORKS BEFORE YOU SEND IT...as that sort of helps.

Submit your entries by 7.30pm 7th November and I will make a poll thread displaying all the submitted entries for everyone to place a vote on their favourite. One vote per person, so choose wisely.
    this thread will take votes for 5 days (up to the following friday evening - the time at which voting ends will be displayed)
    the resulting winner will be acknowleged for their tallents and will have their handy work displayed on no less than HEXUS' FRONT PAGE!!! yes thats right, you'll be famous having your work displayed on the UK's top on-line computer resources front page!
    Add to that Bob Crabtree will get in contact with you for a nice little prize ( )...
    Lastly, the winner may wish to choose the next subject/theme when the next round comes. So, it'd be good to win!

Entries in by 7.30pm 7th November please, the voting will commence around about 8.30pm after which late entries, I'm afraid, wont get in (unless you've warned me prior). no cheating and by submitting pics taken at another time, thats part of the challenge of selecting the dates! you have a whole week, should be enough for anyone!

So, best of luck everyone, have a good one, the quality is just going up and up!
    Powered by Marmite and Wet Dog
    Light Over Water Photography

we'll see about that... alterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    some clarification ? do the photos have to be your or are you allowed to use photo's from stock sites such as SXC.hu or deviantart stocks? i am guessing the first becuase its about photography skills but i thought i'd see if i can eneter anyway.
    AMD3000+ ATIX800XL + GBNF44x mobo.. all at stock because they're good enough atm + CA A1 amp-->Mission 73S Loigtech MX1000 + 1GB ram + 1/3 TB HD array
    Wintendo XP + Linux (when it works) .. just incase you were wondering

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shiato storm
    Do not forget that the emphasis of this challenge is still on photography, so your result should be related to your skills as a photographer but with a twist.
    Submissions of artwork created entirely in an editing suit (i.e. PS or Gimp etc) will not be accepted, in other words the result must have started as a photograph.
    i guess that says it all really

should be a good one this

Thanks
    well, its a photo challenge so it starts as a photo then you make it grow from there...
    could be a rubbish photo to start with but the better it is obviously the better the result.

Dianeal/Extraneal/Physioneal hoodmeister's Avatar
    Thanks
    Good sounding one, this... Essentially gives you total reign to do whatever you want

I'm awesomely naff at editing photos, but with my Nikon D70 hopefully arriving soon, perhaps I can get some shots which wont need too much fiddling with to look impressive

edit :
    As per usual you take as many photos as you like
    suggests it has to be your own pic to begin with, alterion...
    Last edited by hoodmeister; 25-10-2005 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel iMac 20" & Macbook
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 7200 Int + 1.5Tb Ext
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Intel iMac 20" Aluminium
      • Operating System:
      • OSX Snow Leopard (Win 7 x64 on Macbook Bootcamp)
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" @ 1680x1050 & 27" 1080p HDTV
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb
    I might take part in this one, but I ain't going to do anything fancy, simply because I can't

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodmeister
    ... but with my Nikon D70 hopefully arriving soon
    um, just out of interest is that the d70 or the d70s...because thanks to its own success theres a shortage of d70s' at the moment I'm afraid. if its the older d70 then there's nothing to worry about...

Dianeal/Extraneal/Physioneal hoodmeister's Avatar
    Thanks
    Tis the D70 ~ I couldn't afford the D70s, and could get a good deal on the D70 (similar sort of price as the D50, which was the cam I was originally looking at getting...)

Thanks
    cool, especially since a firmware basically brings it up to d70s level! @ d70s buyers!

i'm a canon man m'self but respect the quality of nikons...i'm impressed by the 5D but its way way over priced, especially in this country. and the fact that it doesn't have waetherproofing really turns me off. my 1N is great, it might be film but it does the job extremely well, got fantastic slides and having been using a manual slr (olympus OM1) for quite a while the AF, auto-exposure etc is great! so I'm waiting to see what happens in the new year...20D's replacement? might be a nikon-esq situation where they keep most of it the same and change only a couple of things.

I'm interested to note you chose the d70 over the d50, is there a significant difference? what do you gain with the d70?
    Last edited by shiato storm; 25-10-2005 at 08:33 PM.