Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Witcher Enhanced Edition: Essential item gone missing!

Thanks

Exclamation The Witcher Enhanced Edition: Essential item gone missing!

I may accidentally give away some (minor) plot details so don't read ahead if you don't want to have the story spoiled.

I need the eternal fire signet ring in order to get the quests early on, helping the merchant and the other dudes that the reverand says you need to get to trust you, but I can't find that ring! I loaded an old (OLD) game save and its there, but now its missing! What can I do!?!

I hear that the TAGES copy protection system removes essential items/characters to make the game unplayable if it thinks that the game is pirated, but it can misfire... So how can I fix this? I bought the boxed enhanced edition, so the CD check is still in place (apparently vanilla The Witcher with the downloaded patch removes the CD check?).

Is there any in-game way around the problem? Any way of adding the item to my inventory via the game directory? Of do I just have to go back to that old gamesave and go again from there?

BTW, this is my first playthrough of the game so please don't discuss further ahead in the story, I glanced through the Game Guide that came with the Enhanced Edition to see if it could help me....
    Last edited by DevilMayCry42; 03-02-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition: Essential item gone missing!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilMayCry42 View Post

I may accidentally give away some (minor) plot details so don't read ahead if you don't want to have the story spoiled.

I need the eternal fire signet ring in order to get the quests early on, helping the merchant and the other dudes that the reverand says you need to get to trust you, but I can't find that ring! I loaded an old (OLD) game save and its there, but now its missing! What can I do!?!

I hear that the TAGES copy protection system removes essential items/characters to make the game unplayable if it thinks that the game is pirated, but it can misfire... So how can I fix this? I bought the boxed enhanced edition, so the CD check is still in place (apparently vanilla The Witcher with the downloaded patch removes the CD check?).

Is there any in-game way around the problem? Anyway of adding the item to my inventory via the game directory? Of do I just have to go back to that old gamesave and go again from there?

BTW, this is my first playthrough of the game so please don't discuss further ahead in the story, I glanced through the Game Guide that came with the Enhanced Edition to see if it could help me....
    Youi get the fire ring from the...priest I think when you help him? This is really early on in the game and I've forgotten but I am sure once you accomplish the other tasks, the signet ring is given to you. You may have to do something about a "witch" in the village though...

Thanks
    • Zadock's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (1600Mhz)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 500GB HD501LJ Spinpoint T, SATA300, 7200 rpm
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX HD6950 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W HX Series Modular Powersupply
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 HP
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 27" LED
      • Internet:
      • BT

You just need to light the eternal fire shrines after dark, basically track the quest on your map and dump one of the candles the priest gives you in each shrine in the village... each time you put a candle in a shrine you'll be attacked by a couple of hell hounds, the Ard and the group style shoudl take care of those quickly. when your done go back to the preist and he gives you the ring.

Tips for the first act: Gather as many herbs as you can, gamble as much as you can and do Mikuls quest before you tackle leuvardens or Odos (reason being is you'll get the igni sign which is very effective against echnipose etc i.e. plant monsters)

System 1: Case: Antec 900 Motherboard: Asus Z77 CPU: Core i5 3570K @3.4GHz RAM:8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz GFX: XFX AMD Radeon 6950 2Gb (Cayman) HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 500GB O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

System 2: Lenovo Ideapad S205: AMD E350 APU (1.6Ghz), 2Gb 1066Mhz DDR3, Radeon HD6310 (integrated), 250Gb HDD, Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium

System 3:Asus Eee 901: 12Gb Ubuntu 10.10 Gnome Desktop edition

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

Longshot, but you didn't store it at the inn did you?

Thanks

Ahh Zadock is right...it's coming back to me now. I should play it again; I am lost in chapter 3 as I stopped playing for months and now stuck in a massive fight with no potions/goodies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chuckskull View Post
    Longshot, but you didn't store it at the inn did you?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Zadock View Post
    You just need to light the eternal fire shrines after dark, basically track the quest on your map and dump one of the candles the priest gives you in each shrine in the village... each time you put a candle in a shrine you'll be attacked by a couple of hell hounds, the Ard and the group style shoudl take care of those quickly. when your done go back to the preist and he gives you the ring.
    I've done that, (doesn't he give you the ring earlier than that though?), and a bunch of other side quests

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
    Youi get the fire ring from the...priest I think when you help him? This is really early on in the game and I've forgotten but I am sure once you accomplish the other tasks, the signet ring is given to you. You may have to do something about a "witch" in the village though...
    I've done those sections of the quest.. I loaded a savegame where (I THINK [I checked half an hour ago and I've already forgotten]) I'm about to tell the priest that lighting the candles did sod all, and I can see it in my inventory!

I shall now go through all the savegames I have and see where exactly it is it went missing....

Any other ideas though?!

Thanks
    • Zadock's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (1600Mhz)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 500GB HD501LJ Spinpoint T, SATA300, 7200 rpm
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX HD6950 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W HX Series Modular Powersupply
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 HP
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 27" LED
      • Internet:
      • BT

No

I've done that, (doesn't he give you the ring earlier than that though?), and a bunch of other side quests

I've done those sections of the quest..! I loaded a savegame where (I THINK [I checked half an hour ago and I've already forgotten[) I'm about to tell the priest that lighting the candles did sod all, and I can see it in my inventory!

I shall now go through all the savegames I have and see where exactly it is it went missing....

Any other ideas though?!
    Is it possible that you sold the ring to Leuvarden? So far as I can remember he is the only NPC on act 1 that will purchase jewellery and the like. You may be able to buy it back?

You could always try bribing Mikul, Odo etc? the option should be available

Edit: I think I am wrong there, I think the stuttering chap on the docks will buy jewellery as well?

System 1: Case: Antec 900 Motherboard: Asus Z77 CPU: Core i5 3570K @3.4GHz RAM:8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz GFX: XFX AMD Radeon 6950 2Gb (Cayman) HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 500GB O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

System 2: Lenovo Ideapad S205: AMD E350 APU (1.6Ghz), 2Gb 1066Mhz DDR3, Radeon HD6310 (integrated), 250Gb HDD, Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium

System 3:Asus Eee 901: 12Gb Ubuntu 10.10 Gnome Desktop edition

Thanks

Unhappy Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition: Essential item gone missing!

I really doubt I sold it, I remember I put it on as soon as I got it and then forgot about it...And now its not on 'my' finger...!

I guess I could bribe them, but I'm a REAL miser when it comes to in game monies!

EDIT:

When I earlier stated I'd found it on an old gamesave, that was a gamesave left over from when I had the demo on my machine...In the chain of savegames that have been since I bought the EE, I can't find it in any of them!

EDIT 2:
    I found out some begger lady will give it to you in return for some potion....Now all I must do is find this lady..!

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Eternal_Fire_Signet_Ring

Thanks

SOLVED

I found the savegame just before I recieved it...And my inventory was full at the time! So it dropped on the floor and I must have not picked it up...

I went back to the reverends with my newest savegame and it wasn't there! NOOOOO!

So...Is it worth replaying an hour/an hour and a half? Or should I try finding this lady? Or just bribe them and be done with it?

EDIT:
    Also, will I miss the ring later on in game? (yes/no)
    Last edited by DevilMayCry42; 03-02-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

Unless you really enjoyed act 1 so far I'd pay the bribe and be done with it, unless it's truly extortionate. End of the day, when you go back and hour you'll lose the money you made in that hour too. Going to cost you either way. Get it out of the way and move on.

Personally I found using the inn's a lot really helped, a lot of items just aren't needed often and you end up coming back near one after most quests anyway giving you time to restock etc. Pretty you sure you can store as much as you want there, if there is a limit I never managed to reach it, despite my best efforts.

11. Received thanks from:

DevilMayCry42 (03-02-2009)

Thanks

Is the stuff stored at the inn ONLY accessible from THAT inn? Or is it like a communal storage that 'magically' moves it to every inn in the game?

zia
    Registered+
    Thanks

Been playing this too still at the village and yes am pretty sure reverand give you the ring when you take on the intial quest to help his buddies,
    most annoying thing is i find is that when beset with 4/5 enemies you take loads of damage and when you drink the potion take bloody age to regen by which time the've slaughtered you,very annoying and you can only take one person at a time then switch to next target,they should have addaded a skill in group combat mode for you to deal damage to more than one adversary

or perhaps am just loosing my touch

zia

Thanks

Is the stuff stored at the inn ONLY accessible from THAT inn? Or is it like a communal storage that 'magically' moves it to every inn in the game?
    Its a magical communal inventory that is available at all inns no matter which inn you dropped stuff at.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
    Its a magical communal inventory that is available at all inns no matter which inn you dropped stuff at.
    Perfect.
    I was worried about that, hence me carrying all my stuff with me and eating food in order to make space (!)

How much food do you keep/carry?

Thanks

Perfect.
    I was worried about that, hence me carrying all my stuff with me and eating food in order to make space (!)

I sell all my food unless it is a required ingredient for a potion.

Thanks
    • Ciber's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Prime X470 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Team Group
      • Storage:
      • ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB + 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX960 Strix
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Prime Ultra Snow Silent 650W
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Pro
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG329Q
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone Fibre

Perfect.

I found it useful to carry a full slot (10) of one food item for times when I was low on health and either had no healing potions or I was too toxic to take a potion.
    My blog

I used to play BF3, Battlefield BC2, BF4 and TF2

Do something amazing.... Give blood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information