Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3 Broken Steel

Thanks

Smile Fallout 3 Broken Steel

Well, finished downloading it a few hours ago. And I got it working without any real difficulty.

And I copied my saves to the new Live folder in my games save folder. And then I went in guns blazing with Clover in the last bit of the main quest.
    Then came the ending. It doesn't really improve anything. Just add a few more pictures in the end sequence.

But the game carried on after the ending. And as it started I levelled up to 21. So I have not really played it much.
    I did see the new perks though. The new ones starting at 22 then 24 and so on. It was good being able to choose another Level 20 perk. But to be honest, I'm a hard character now so when I get to level 30 I'll be godlike

And one of the new perks, a big atomic blast comes from you when your health drops to a certain point. But it will harm followers so since Clover is my buddy I'll give that a miss.
    Also one that makes another dogmeat spawn if he dies.

I'm looking forward to getting stuck into this over this bank holiday weekend. Being my favorite game to date, I'll get the other DLC at a later date. But with Broken Steel, I'll post more info in case anyone else is interested.

So far I have only noticed two bugs. The first being the same as before, sometimes the game slows and stutters. But with this new DLC, areas seem to take ages to load up when you go through a door to new area or hub. The other being that when you exit the game to your desktop, the game hangs. And occassiomal crashing desktop.

More Fallout 3. WWWhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Last edited by CaseyV9; 26-05-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Re: Fallout 3 Broken Steel

Looking forward to the new DLCs they've announced too - I don't like MS points (make you buy more than you actually need) so might hang on for the add-on pack that's coming on disc later in the year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    Looking forward to the new DLCs they've announced too - I don't like MS points (make you buy more than you actually need) so might hang on for the add-on pack that's coming on disc later in the year.
    yeah, I was hoping for a disc in the shops to come out with all the DLC on.
    I heard about other DLC coming. Although, I cannot see them raising the level cap any more than 30. It's too much. At level 30 you max out most skills. And the new perks are okay. But some are mad. Like the level 30 perk that raises all your SPECIAL stats to 9. The bonus to this though is that is you can use all the new weapons and change the way you fight.

It is really great that Beth are continueing with game and bringing out new stuff. So I'll show support for it by buying the new content. On a plus note I have had a lot better expierience with LIVE then I have Steam. I asked Steam Tech abiout how the systenm specs on the retail case are misleading and they totally avoid the question. I post that same question on their forum and they magically made my thread disappear. Plus I have some points left over to buy some Fallout 3 points for my 360. Plus any acheivements I make on the Fallout 3, which I use on PC, gets shown on my 360 acheivements. Even though I have never had Fallout 3 on my 360. In a way, it has linked my 360 and PC together.
    Dare I say it - I like LIVE

Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

I like the way Live works with Dawn of War 2.. but that's also Steam! Very confusing, but it made transfering between OS installs really easy as everything came down Steam or Live (including save games) so I didn't need to worry about keeping any files.

Thanks

Just completed it. Although I have not reached level 25 yet.

I'm not too sure on how I feel about it. Some new weapons are okay. one is a bit crap TBH.
    I finnished the game off with maybe a few side quests left.

The game certainly gets mad toward the end. But the thing that bugged me was in the first half, or for most of the game you feel like you are riding on train tracks. I mean this in the way that there is is one set route through a good deal of the quest or building and it only really seems to open up in the last bit.
    It also felt detatched from what Fallout 3 was. I bearly found myself agonising over decisions in the game. Although you do get some choices the game is just as it is described - You are out to wipe out the Enclave.

So it seemed more like a lot of fighting compared to RPG side to it. Also it didn't have the atmosphere of the main Fallout game. The main game had this old Post Aplocolyptic 50's themed game. A distinct atmosphere I have not found outside the Fallout genre. As you may remember from from the main game, The Enclave are very technically advanced. I found that 50's atmosphere had gone and it felt more Sci-fi and I completely forgot about the things that made Fallout 3 really shine. Ghouls, Slavers and just weird things going on. And non of that sick humour. This kind of worries me as more DLC coming has you being abducted by aliens and being placed in a huge swamp area. That really wasn't what Fallout 3 was about.

And my other gripe are the perks themselves. I just don't like them that much. From what I see of them as I level up they either seem useless or just over the top and unbalanced
    And it still has not sorted out the ending from the first game

I still think it is worth the money though. It really isn't bad. Just not as great as what has come before. Maybe the Pitt will be more my type of thing. I have yet to see exactly how the rest of the world has Changed as I really got stuck into the DLC's quest.

Thanks

Actually, I have found quite a few things happening in the Fallout 3 world with this DLC. Quite a bit. I found some realy sweet armour through some unmarked quest. And one side quest had that Fallout 3 humour in it.

I give it 8 out of 10.

Thanks

just a warning, I'm getting random crashes to my desktop now And as I already said I have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL everytime I exit F3 or if it crashes.

It's getting worse I think. It's up to date on the patches as well

Thanks
    • fezfezed's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N Sli Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon X2 3800
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair DDR1
      • Storage:
      • Seagate SATA2 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 8800GT
      • PSU:
      • Xclio 550
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP/ Linux Mint 6
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai 22"
      • Internet:
      • 20Mb Virgin Media

I like this, far better than the Pitt DLC. Although this fallout kind of looses the Fallout feel and theme of the last 2 games, I enjoyed this DLC. Hopefully they release an all in one disc with the main game and the DLC for the Xbox. Hate Live points and the PC version crashed a few times on me.

I would give it 7/10. Maybe Bethesda is trying to in a new direction with the Fallout series but I miss the atmosphere, the humour of the previous Fallout games.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fezfezed View Post
    I like this, far better than the Pitt DLC. Although this fallout kind of looses the Fallout feel and theme of the last 2 games, I enjoyed this DLC. Hopefully they release an all in one disc with the main game and the DLC for the Xbox. Hate Live points and the PC version crashed a few times on me.

I would give it 7/10. Maybe Bethesda is trying to in a new direction with the Fallout series but I miss the atmosphere, the humour of the previous Fallout games.
    When the GOTY edition comes out it'll be excellent value for money. Loads of hours of gameplay. Then a new Fallout 3 game from Beth: Fallout 3 Coming soon

And then a new game New Vegas

This could be for me what Sims is to some people.

Thanks

Well, just finnished playing through THE PITT. Not bad. I reckon that is about a 6 out of 10. It's very bleak. You get to make difficult choices although none effect your karma.
    It's just that elements of it have big holes story wise.

Spoilers>

When you go in you see oppressoion and violence. Slaves being murdered and treated like crap. The slavers will not even let slaves talk to each other. When you finally meet the guy responsible he plays the role of him doing the right thing. it does not fit. So you can side with him. And lets face it, if you do you have a lot of interesting characters left alive and a store to buy things in.

But even if you side with the slaves, they just tell you to go away after helping them. And all the interesting characters are dead then. Also, Media, I think her name is. The slave who is the leader of the slaves plight. How come she is so clean and has her own house when all the other slaves are deseased and peniless?

No wonder these quests do not effect your karma. It's just messed up

But on a good note, DLC POINT LOOKOUT is available at the end of the month. It's bdubbed a horror type thing. The video for it is on the main website and it looks sweet.

I'll download the OPERATION DLC for the loot. And and at the end of next month another DLC is out. Aliens return and they are angry.

It's like bloody christmas

Thanks
    • fezfezed's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N Sli Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon X2 3800
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair DDR1
      • Storage:
      • Seagate SATA2 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 8800GT
      • PSU:
      • Xclio 550
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai 22"
      • Internet:
      • 20Mb Virgin Media

I agree. I like Fallout 3 and have liked previous Bethesda RPG's but with the ending for Fallout 3 was pretty wack, and the added DLC makes a mish mash of the story really

Thanks

When the GOTY edition comes out with all 5 DLC you know it will be either rated 98 out of 100 or 9.5 out of 10. I have never seen a game with so much scope and so many different crazy things happening. An absolute classic.

Thanks
    • fezfezed's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N Sli Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon X2 3800
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair DDR1
      • Storage:
      • Seagate SATA2 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 8800GT
      • PSU:
      • Xclio 550
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai 22"
      • Internet:
      • 20Mb Virgin Media

Yeah that will be good. They released a 'bonus disc' with Operation Anchorage and The Pitt included. They probably didnt add Broken Steel as its a recent release.

Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by fezfezed View Post
    Yeah that will be good. They released a 'bonus disc' with Operation Anchorage and The Pitt included. They probably didnt add Broken Steel as its a recent release.
    Broken steel and point lookout are coming out as a disk later.

Thanks

Well, just finnished playing through the Operation Anchorage DLC.

And I'm well shocked to say - I thought it was a lot better than THE PItt

For one, it's a lot more polished than the PITT. And it looks better visually. With Fallout 3 I have found the patches have fixed the stuttering that happens out in the wasteland considerably. And Operation Anchorage played smoothly all the way through. It was as polished as the original Fallout 3. With the PITT I found stuttering and the game turn to a slide show in places. Another bad thing with the PITT was it wasn't really polished. Like with one slave you talk to her and she speaks with voice acting and asks for your help. But after you help her she has no more voice acting. So every time you talk to her just subtitles come up saying "Go away." And although you can go back to the PITT there isn't much there for you anyway. And whenever you visit the PITT your henchmen go back to where they hang out to.

With OPERATION ANCHORAGE it is different from the main game. Because you are in a computer simulation you cannot open containers or touch everyday objects. So you spend little time looting. Which is a nice change for a while. You can pick up certain weapons that are highlighted red. And you heal and get ammo from vairious despensers around the levels.

But it is when you go back to the real world that I felt really put this above the PITT - YOU ACTUALLY FEEL REWARDED FOR FINNISHING THE DLC. I had to say it. I didn't feel rewarded at all for finishing the PITT. Not for the broken story or choices you make in it. Which are worthless anyway.
    Operation Anchorage is more about combat. But it I felt it was a break from the usuall Fallout 3.

So I re-emerged back into the wasteland to meet Clover with very nice Loot indeed. I give it 8 out of 10.

Thanks
    • fezfezed's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N Sli Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon X2 3800
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair DDR1
      • Storage:
      • Seagate SATA2 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 8800GT
      • PSU:
      • Xclio 550
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai 22"
      • Internet:
      • 20Mb Virgin Media

I have to agree on that. I finally finished the main quest plus the side quests etc and started work on the DLC. Operation Anchorage makes you feel like your playing Call of Duty or something. Now I know that Fallout is Fallout, therefore we all loves the loots and stuff that makes RPG's, but Anchorage does a good job to give you a break from the general RPG elements while not completely breaking off from the story.

My DLC rankings so far:

Operation Anchorage: 8/10

The Pitt: 5/10, really felt unpolished, story made no sense and you dont get any rewards or satisfaction for completing it

Broken Steel: Will give it another play through, as I rushed it on my first outing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information