• Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 11.04 & Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP pavillion f1723 17"
      • Internet:
      • 8mbps

Re: PES 2010 Demo Released today

^ on the pc or console?

another thing i like about this pes is the tactic options, the game is more tactical and makes it interesting, for example when playing with barca when they attack my defence tactics were set to compact and close down players when they attacked through the middle and my players closed them down they would simply pass onto the wing and expose the defence, change them around and its made a difference, still need to test different things out, one problem i find is torres seems isolated at the front, and when in attack there isnt much option to attack from the middle and get a through pass and onto the goal.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
    ^ on the pc or console?

another thing i like about this pes is the tactic options, the game is more tactical and makes it interesting, for example when playing with barca when they attack my defence tactics were set to compact and close down players when they attacked through the middle and my players closed them down they would simply pass onto the wing and expose the defence, change them around and its made a difference, still need to test different things out, one problem i find is torres seems isolated at the front, and when in attack there isnt much option to attack from the middle and get a through pass and onto the goal.
    you can do all that and much more in FIFA.

PES 2010 is a big improvement on 2008/09 but that's not exactly hard, it's still miles behind FIFA 09 let alone FIFA 10.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Quote Originally Posted by revol68 View Post

PES 2010 is a big improvement on 2008/09 but that's not exactly hard, it's still miles behind FIFA 09 let alone FIFA 10.

PES is not miles behind fifa, they are completly different beasts, those who like one will almost certainly not like the other which ever the choice.
    We should just be pleased the there's a game to suit everyone whatever you want from a football game.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    PES is not miles behind fifa, they are completly different beasts, those who like one will almost certainly not like the other which ever the choice.
    We should just be pleased the there's a game to suit everyone whatever you want from a football game.
    People who still prefer PES or FIFA don't like football nor understand it.

PES is to football what Ridge Racer is to motorsports. As someone not into racing and cars I prefer RR over GTR etc but in terms of it being a racing simulation I'd be a total idiot to claim Ridge Racer is not miles behind.

The sad things is that PES still likes to think of itself as accurately recreating football, Ridge Racer never had such illusions about itself.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

People who still prefer PES or FIFA don't like football nor understand it.

PES is to football what Ridge Racer is to motorsports. As someone not into racing and cars I prefer RR over GTR etc but in terms of it being a racing simulation I'd be a total idiot to claim Ridge Racer is not miles behind.

The sad things is that PES still likes to think of itself as accurately recreating football, Ridge Racer never had such illusions about itself.
    That's your opinion of course and by no means fact. Besides, i'd compare it to Forza myself Sim football (in my opinion anyway) just isn't that fun to play.

Thanks
    • looney's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P35-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600 @ 3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Ballistix & 2GB PNY
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 7200.11 320GB & WD 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R6850 1GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX650
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP pavillion f1723 17"
      • Internet:
      • 8mbps

is it? i havent seen anything similar of that to pes10, i am referring pc version btw.

Registered+
    Thanks

I heard that Fifa 10 on the pc is still the old engine of 2 years ago.

Played Pro Evo 10 demo and as a Pro fan i agree its better than last years but still not as good as recent fifa's especially on consoles.
    h e l l p a s o

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel iMac 20" & Macbook
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 7200 Int + 1.5Tb Ext
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Intel iMac 20" Aluminium
      • Operating System:
      • OSX Snow Leopard (Win 7 x64 on Macbook Bootcamp)
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" @ 1680x1050 & 27" 1080p HDTV
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb

Gave it a try and a play, and whilst I can see that its a big improvement on 2009 (2009 was so bad that my housemate, who was a devout Pro Evo fan, sold it for Fifa 09) it doesn't live up to Fifa from what I've seen. Fifa just seems to be a whole lot fuller and more well polished, one example of this is behaviour of players on the pitch. On fifa, you would score a goal, the goalie would throw a pissie and you could do the whole running thing and celebrate, but on PES I scored a goal and everyone stood still as if they all of a sudden were lining for the bus stop?

As well as not having as good graphics, gameplay, fluid movement (I think the movement on PES is what a lot of people like though, as arcadey and unrealistic as it is) as Fifa 10, I don't think there's anything that would draw me to Pro Evo this year.

And seriously, I would quite agree that Pro Evo is the 'Ridge Racer' of football games out there! Well, I would anyway

Thanks
    • looney's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P35-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600 @ 3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R6850 1GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX650
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP pavillion f1723 17"
      • Internet:
      • 8mbps

Quote Originally Posted by unreal View Post
    Gave it a try and a play, and whilst I can see that its a big improvement on 2009 (2009 was so bad that my housemate, who was a devout Pro Evo fan, sold it for Fifa 09) it doesn't live up to Fifa from what I've seen. Fifa just seems to be a whole lot fuller and more well polished, one example of this is behaviour of players on the pitch. On fifa, you would score a goal, the goalie would throw a pissie and you could do the whole running thing and celebrate, but on PES I scored a goal and everyone stood still as if they all of a sudden were lining for the bus stop?

As well as not having as good graphics, gameplay, fluid movement (I think the movement on PES is what a lot of people like though, as arcadey and unrealistic as it is) as Fifa 10, I don't think there's anything that would draw me to Pro Evo this year.

And seriously, I would quite agree that Pro Evo is the 'Ridge Racer' of football games out there! Well, I would anyway
    Who cares about goal animation? i personally skip these cos there just show and become annoying, its gameplay and fun factor that counts, and in my opinion, and i am talking about the pc versions of the games here, pes10 owns fifa10, fifa10 is not much different to fifa09, the graphics on pes is much better, the gameplay is better, its much more fun, its much more expressive, feels more fluid and natural too, whereas i have began to notice that matches in fifa seems so repetitive and theres not much fluidity and there are a couple of annoying things too, eg i cant stand the refs in fifa they are so card and foul happy.

for me this year it has to be pes10>fifa10

konami have made a great improvement to the last few versions, hopefully the final version will get polished a bit more.

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel iMac 20" & Macbook
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 7200 Int + 1.5Tb Ext
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Intel iMac 20" Aluminium
      • Operating System:
      • OSX Snow Leopard (Win 7 x64 on Macbook Bootcamp)
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" @ 1680x1050 & 27" 1080p HDTV
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb

Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
    Who cares about goal animation? i personally skip these cos there just show and become annoying, its gameplay and fun factor that counts, and in my opinion, and i am talking about the pc versions of the games here, pes10 owns fifa10, fifa10 is not much different to fifa09, the graphics on pes is much better, the gameplay is better, its much more fun, its much more expressive, feels more fluid and natural too, whereas i have began to notice that matches in fifa seems so repetitive and theres not much fluidity and there are a couple of annoying things too, eg i cant stand the refs in fifa they are so card and foul happy.

for me this year it has to be pes10>fifa10

konami have made a great improvement to the last few versions, hopefully the final version will get polished a bit more.
    In respect to my comments then I still stand my ground as on the console platforms Fifa has the lead by quite the mile, I have no idea about how the PC platform is going.

My comment regarding the post-goal player response wasn't me looking for frilly icing on the cake, it was an example of how robotic the players appear in PES. Fifa is such a FULL game that to me makes PES seem quite lazy in comparison unfortunately.

If you're going to continue playing on the PC platform, and if PES really is that much better on it, continue doing what you're doing. Just if you ever seek these games on the console world, I highly encourage Fifa - this is speaking from someone who used to play PES until Fifa 09 switched me over.

Thanks
    • looney's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P35-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600 @ 3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R6850 1GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX650
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP pavillion f1723 17"
      • Internet:
      • 8mbps

Quote Originally Posted by unreal View Post
    In respect to my comments then I still stand my ground as on the console platforms Fifa has the lead by quite the mile, I have no idea about how the PC platform is going.

My comment regarding the post-goal player response wasn't me looking for frilly icing on the cake, it was an example of how robotic the players appear in PES. Fifa is such a FULL game that to me makes PES seem quite lazy in comparison unfortunately.

If you're going to continue playing on the PC platform, and if PES really is that much better on it, continue doing what you're doing. Just if you ever seek these games on the console world, I highly encourage Fifa - this is speaking from someone who used to play PES until Fifa 09 switched me over.
    Not going to dispute you over the fifa console comment, the game engines used in the console and pc are different i beleive, the colsole is obviously the better one, so i wouldnt be suprised if fifa console version is better then pes, konami certainly dropped there standards in the last two iterations i played and in the 2009 battle fifa certainly got my vote in the pc, but this year it has to be pes. if i had a console then i would most probably would go for fifa, but i dont know why fifa use different engines for the two different platforms doesnt make much sense, pes2010 apparently was developed on the pc primarily.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

I've been playing the demo for fifa on the 360, really don't understand the fuss. Bought fifa 09 (360) and sold it as it's just repetetive and (for me anyway) not very good.
    This years fifa is exactly the same as last years.

I'm just pleased PES has improved so much as last year i didn't like or play either game and a football game has always been a must for me.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    I've been playing the demo for fifa on the 360, really don't understand the fuss. Bought fifa 09 (360) and sold it as it's just repetetive and (for me anyway) not very good.
    This years fifa is exactly the same as last years.

I'm just pleased PES has improved so much as last year i didn't like or play either game and a football game has always been a must for me.
    we had this discussion last year too, you are either a) a particularly myopic PES fan boy or b) don't know a good football game from your arse.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

we had this discussion last year too, you are either a) a particularly myopic PES fan boy or b) don't know a good football game from your arse.
    And you need to grow up and away from name calling, just how old are you?

FYI i did rather hate the last PES, and it's about time you accepted that your opinion isn't what everyone else belives or follows. You did this last year joining in the PES discussion and just slag people off who liked it, mabee if you don't like it so much you should stick to posting in the Fifa thread Or just have a little respect for others opinions mabee......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information