• Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Re: Mafia 2 - Full Game

Quote Originally Posted by Singh400 View Post
    Well, I just completed it. And I’m a disappointed to say the least. The ending was crap, no matter how you spin it.
    Considering how much of the game is scripted/FMV sequences, the ending was utter tripe for such a superb game. So disappointing...

Thanks
    • Jasp's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k @ 3.4GHZ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 512Gb Crucial MX100 1 x 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 670 SC
      • PSU:
      • 850W Corsair HX
      • Case:
      • Coolmaster Haf X V2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2412M 1920X1200
      • Internet:
      • 6Mb ADSL

Re: Mafia 2 - Full Game

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Considering how much of the game is scripted/FMV sequences, the ending was utter tripe for such a superb game. So disappointing...
    Wow, just finished the game and wth was that ending, total rubbish...

Thanks

Re: Mafia 2 - Full Game- Possible spoilers

Even though I knew there would be some DLC content for it soon, I sold my copy soon after finishing it. I just had no urge to keep it at all

The ending was a total anti-climax and they really could have done better!!!

Thanks
    • Grey M@a's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K (With H100i cooling)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, 1TB Cavier Black WD HD, 4TB Cavier Black WD HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390X Gaming Edition 8GB
      • PSU:
      • SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 850W Fully Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG 24GM77-B 144Hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable

DLC is out on steam, anyone got it and is it worth the £6.20 price tag or is it just a collection of mini missions that last a few hours?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grey M@a View Post
    DLC is out on steam, anyone got it and is it worth the £6.20 price tag or is it just a collection of mini missions that last a few hours?
    All I know is that you play another character in it, and that there are 20 mission.

Thanks
    • Grey M@a's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG 24GM77-B 144Hz
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by AledJ View Post
    All I know is that you play another character in it, and that there are 20 mission.
    Think I may have a look about on youtube for vids of it or reviews of the DLC over the next few hours before I decide to grab it or not

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

To be honest, I think it's a bit of a pee take releasing DLC for almost £7 so shortly after releasing the game, which in my opinion was too short in the first place.

I think the game play is great, the story line is awesome, but the lame ending and the shortness of the game (took me under 12 hours first time round with no help and watching all the cut scenes) makes it quite a disappointment.

No way am I purchasing the DLC just for more missions with another character. I want more from the game I paid £30 for just a few days ago!

Thanks
    • Grey M@a's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG 24GM77-B 144Hz
      • Internet:

To be honest, I think it's a bit of a pee take releasing DLC for almost £7 so shortly after releasing the game, which in my opinion was too short in the first place.

I think the game play is great, the story line is awesome, but the lame ending and the shortness of the game (took me under 12 hours first time round with no help and watching all the cut scenes) makes it quite a disappointment.

No way am I purchasing the DLC just for more missions with another character. I want more from the game I paid £30 for just a few days ago!
    I think this DLC is certainly a Steam sale special personally

Thanks
    • acrobat's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS4 965p Revision 2
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 4gig DDR 800 (C4)
      • Storage:
      • two 320gig Seagate Barracudas, and one 750 gig Seagate Barracuda (7200.10) and a 750gig same brand.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 620
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse 62
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple Cinema Display 20"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media - Slow, expensive rip off, Indian customer service. Great choice eh? :C

I was a bit disappointed with the game.

I thought the first several chapters were mostly boring, then it started to get decent, and then it ended abruptly, without ever really peaking. I can't remember the first game that well, but I remember thinking that it was a refreshing change from GTA and had some better ideas and approaches. I hoped that with this game they would develop these interesting ideas further and make a great experience which is quite unique. They didn't. With this game, I felt that GTA has improved year after year, so much so that the last two games you could fly around the huge city firing rockets at people, and epic car chases, motorbike chases, speed boats, and some great gunfights. In comparison, poor old Mafia 2 seems to be several years behind the times... I thought it looks great graphically, and I thought the gunplay was a bit smoother than GTA, but pretty much everything else was inferior to GTA.

The driving tries to be more immersive, with red lights and speed limits and stuff, but the cops don't even notice most things, so you can go screaming past the police on the sidewalk while there is a red light and they don't do anything. To get their attention, you have to actually crash right next to them or go past at very high speed. So it's not really immersive and I didn't feel compelled to drive around like real life, so I just ended up driving around like a lunatic like I do in GTA, only with the annoyance of having to lose the police from time to time, and the cars are slower and don't handle as well.

Also the city isn't as big or as varied, especially compared to San Andreas.

Overall it was just an 'ok' experience, which is disappointing. They missed an opportunity to take on GTA, they certainly failed at that. I also think they have failed to create an identity or distinguish themselves from GTA. The missions were similar but not as good, the gunplay was almost identical, and the driving was not as good. They should have distinguished themselves. For example the very harsh and strict speed limits in the first game, with the brutal police chases, made it more of a serious driving game which could have been interesting. I thought they were going to make me approach the game like real life. Drive around carefully looking out for the cops like I was a real getaway driver or something.. That didn't happen. They somehow lost their identity and made a GTA clone, only a few minor differences which aren't actually better, and missing all the numerous improvements GTA has had since Vice City.
    Last edited by acrobat; 16-09-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks

The DLC (Jimmy's Vendatta) is great, I'm quite enjoying it. Not so much a story (as per the game itself), but a collection of missions. Quite action-packed the are too - loads of shooty bits and lots of 'blowing up stuff'. Which is nice.

BTW acrobat, your last paragraph is all about GTA, and how Mafia II compares. The thing is, and I'm pretty sure the devs are going to say I'm right, Mafa II was never made stack up against GTA - it's not the same type of game. All this 'GTA-like' comment is because Mafia II is based in a city. OK, so maybe the devs foretold the 'Mafia II doesn't do this and that, GTA does it better' remarks, but should all games based in a city be compared to GTA? Crysis 2 for example, is city based - no city lights working there, or a working traffic system? Maybe not. Ok, maybe I'm stretching the point here a bit, but what I'm saying is that when I played Mafia II I didn't mentally compare it to GTA at every few minutes. Ie. 'Also the city isn't as big or as varied, especially compared to San Andreas'; so what?

More city to be opened up later though, see below (these days it's the latest way to bleed money from the consumers - open up a game after the release, with $$$ being the key to the city)
    Last edited by Deadlight; 16-09-2010 at 04:09 PM.
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Thanks

new DLC announced;

'Joe’s Adventures offers an engaging narrative and allows players to explore new locations, including a train station, the cathouse, a boat yard, a seasonally changing lakefront and some never-before-seen buildings in Empire Bay. This exciting new chapter in the Mafia II saga includes new clothing, collectibles and even more classic 40’s and 50’s music. In addition to the story-based missions, Joe’s Adventures opens up a slew of optional city-based quests packed with arcade action gameplay and a points-based system that allows players to move up the ranks on the online leaderboard through combos and multiplier bonuses. Deadly executions by head shot or charged explosives rack up points, and precision-timed vehicular power slides, lofty jumps and feats of supercharged speed maintain the adrenaline-charged fun for extensive replayability.'

Hoping we'll see what really happen to Joe - you all thought he would be 'sleeping with da fishes' did you? Nah, I thought we'd see hi again...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD

Thanks
    • Jasp's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k @ 3.4GHZ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 670 SC
      • PSU:
      • 850W Corsair HX
      • Case:
      • Coolmaster Haf X V2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2412M 1920X1200
      • Internet:
      • 6Mb ADSL

Have to agree, first time I played through final fantasy 7 I got 60 hours game play for £20 (platinum) i want that sort of monitory return lol

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlight View Post
    new DLC announced;
    Am I the only one who thinks this is becoming a bit of a serious piss take?

Release game under MASSIVE hype, for £30 (or £40 if you paid full price), release it with limited content (seriously, 12 hours max and you only actually play for about 6 thanks to all the sequences), put in a really, really, really, really poor ending compared to the rest of the cut scenes, and then release new DLC at almost £10 a pop with a few new missions every couple of weeks since release date to try and milk as much money as possible from the name?

I'm very disappointed with this game, wish I didn't buy it now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jasp View Post
    Have to agree, first time I played through final fantasy 7 I got 60 hours game play for £20 (platinum) i want that sort of monitory return lol
    But FF7 is years old, there was no DLC then, but from your 'lol' you obviousy don't expect 60 hours for 20 quid these days!

Thanks

Am I the only one who thinks this is becoming a bit of a serious piss take?
    Is the way of the games industry today matey - been going on for some time now...

Thanks
    • Jasp's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k @ 3.4GHZ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 670 SC
      • PSU:
      • 850W Corsair HX
      • Case:
      • Coolmaster Haf X V2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2412M 1920X1200
      • Internet:
      • 6Mb ADSL

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlight View Post
    But FF7 is years old, there was no DLC then, but from your 'lol' you obviousy don't expect 60 hours for 20 quid these days!
    Tbh im getting to the point now were I only buy bioware games, mass effect, dragon age origins both had 20hrs of gameplay plus for the same I payed for mafia 2.

Im gonna be picking up Fallout new vegas and i think that's me done for the year games wise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information