Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call of Duty - What an excellent game!

Thanks
    Played it loved it moved on to Far Cry.

I will probably play the expansion pack but wont enjoy it as much as the first one, the engine for me is just not as good as Far Cry (or the graphics come to think of it).

Thanks
    • spazman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS3
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 320gb RAID 0 , 250gb IDE , 160gb IDE, 400bg USB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 7900GX2
      • PSU:
      • 750watt Enermax
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" LCD 19" CRT
      • Internet:
      • Be Unlimited
    Of course the engine isnt as good. its the Quake 3 engine! I stopped playing this after a while as i had played MOHAA not long before and id had my fill of WWII shooters.
    NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, GBA, DS, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3 60gb, XBOX, XBOX 360, Master System, Game Gear, Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast, PC Engine, Neo Geo CD

Back in Sunny UK...and it is sunny too :D...pleasant surprise.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by r1zeek
    Aye, great game. I was watching something about D-day on discovery the other day and it had a whole section on Pegasus Bridge. They had some chopper shots of it and an aerial photograph taken the day after the attack and the game is so accuratley modelled. It was such a great achievement though. Our pilots managed to land the gliders within something like 47 feet of the bridge, in the dark, whilst being shot at. Now that definatley says something about their skills
    Little bit of an historical aside here. Apparently the pilot and co-pilot of the lead glider were the first allied troops to set foot on the ground on D-day. Though they didn't know it as they were unconscious having both been thrown through the front of the shattered glider still strapped into their seats. They later ferried ammunition up to the guys on the bridge. Of the anti-tank weapons all but one were damaged and rendered unusable by the landing so when the German armour turned up the guy on the anti-tank weapon had just one shot at the lead tank or it would have been straight past as it took so long to reload. Fortunately his nerve held and the following tank decided it didn't want to share the fate of it's predecessor.

The sentries on the bridge didn't even know that the gliders were there until the airborne troops ran across the bridge.

What a way to earn a living!
    "You want loyalty? ......get a dog!"

Thanks
    legends indeed
    UK LEGENDS TOO!
    i wouldnt have known about pegasus bridge without CoD!?
    something to tell my history teacher..your job is being taken over by a video game or two!

my mate has been anticipating the release of CoD on PS2, i want to see what they do for the crossing of the volga even in lowest textures and reso and PS2 wont be able to run that mission! ahaha!

Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 03-06-2004 at 10:55 PM.

Thanks
    Really rate COD as a SINGLE player experience, if you're after multiplayer then try UT2004

Marmoset Warrior
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DomA
    Really rate COD as a SINGLE player experience, if you're after multiplayer then try UT2004
    You can't really compare UT04 to CoD. CoD is more of a realistic shooter and UT04 is futuristic. Both brilliant games though.

One small thing i noticed on CoD, and this really is small. When you empty your clip (rifles and MG's mostly) when he reloads he doesnt pull the bolt back which would mean there is no bullet in the chamber. Don't think it applies to proper bolt action's but on the M1 Carbine and similar this applies.

I noticed it because my mate was playing DoD on my other pc and on there they do pull back the bolt when they reload!
    And yes i do know thats kinda sad

Thanks
    ah DoD is a brilliant game
    i personally think its better than medal of honour
    cant wait to see some shots of DoD on the hl2 source!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by r1zeek
    You can't really compare UT04 to CoD. CoD is more of a realistic shooter and UT04 is futuristic. Both brilliant games though.

One small thing i noticed on CoD, and this really is small. When you empty your clip (rifles and MG's mostly) when he reloads he doesnt pull the bolt back which would mean there is no bullet in the chamber. Don't think it applies to proper bolt action's but on the M1 Carbine and similar this applies.

I noticed it because my mate was playing DoD on my other pc and on there they do pull back the bolt when they reload!
    And yes i do know thats kinda sad
    Depends on the weapon in all honesty, On an pistol and sub-machine gun the last round fired keeps the bolt open - 'blowback' from each progressive round fired forces the bolt and the firing pin back after each round, ejecting the spent cartridge as it flies back and the spring loaded clip forces the next round into the chamber.

After the last round the bolt will therefore remain locked back and the magazine clip is simply ejected and the next clip inserted, all the firer has to do is depress the button that locks the slide back and it will spring back to chamber the new round in the new magazine.

It always amuses me in films when someone discovers to thier horror they have no bullets left, its very easy to tell actually - the gun looks like this !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information