Quote Originally Posted by TiG
Ramedge,

For someone with such a passionate view i'm suprised by the lack of information you've got about the actual products. X360 has 3 * 3.2Ghz IBM Power PC's as its processors.

The PS3 hasn't got 3 processors but 1 Processor and 6 DSP (Digitial signal processors). This level of control to deal with DSP's for things like sound require a much greater level of understanding and while the PS2 might have the best games now in your opinion, there is no guarentee that it will continue to do so, as those great games may now take an awful lot longer to code.
What isn't being mentioned is that IBM has been involved with the CPU for X360, PS3 and the Nintendo Revolution. So the winner in the next Gen war is clearly IBM

You may think that FPS games should be played on PC's (I quite agree with you), but Halo1/2 (and 3 when it arrives), Perfect Dark Zero, are all very popular and very enjoyable.
I will convert you to the darkside at some point

BUT PS2's online capability is utter poo compared to Xbox Live, I can have one account and see what all my online friends are playing, not have dozens of different accounts and not be able to see anything else other than the game i'm playing.
How true you are. Having been a PS2 online beta tester i know that Sony are a long way off with competing with Xbox LIVE. I ended up with so many different login names and passwords that i quit the betatest.

X360 to me is a MS flagship product, its dedicated to doing a global launch, its here shortly and its got peoples attention. IS PS3 really a flagship product for Sony?, if so why the delays.
Everyone like to point out that MS are launching on a Global scale. They are not. They are only releasing to Europe/US & Japan. All other areas are still TBA sometime in 2007.

I believe that PS3 will be a Flagship product for Sony, they are set to launch lots of new products that have a link to PS3 (of some sort) and i can see some sort of add-on that will expand the PS3's use around the home. There must be some reason why Sony have equipped the PS3 with 7 controller ports (wireless) and 2 HDMI outputs.

Will the PS3 be successful. Yes. It has its own range of exclusive titles plus Blu-ray may be a selling point for some. PS2 launched in Japan with Sony playing up its DVD playback support, for this reason many Japanese people bought the console just for this reason. Early figures showed that the console to game ratio was very low, but the console to DVD ratio was high.

The biggest problem X360 has is Japan. Even in the wake of all the press coverage, the Japanese are still not convinced. To get over this MS need to start pushing the devs to cross platform some of thier titles or get them to produce exclusive title that the japanese want. Massive RPGs (i know Square Enix are on board for FF) Anime based titles alone would be a massive boost for MS. Even Bandai have announced that they will be releasing Gundam onto 360 and these title alone will sell bucket loads of 360's.