• Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    Cheers for checking it out for us Nick.

I am playing it on a samsung 32" at 720p but il give it the benefit of the doubt because the screenshots shown in the huge preview look much, much better. The most dissapointing aspect was the framerate and slowdown for me especially after playing the slippery smooth burnout revenge, but again if the game has yet to be optimised its hardly fair to criticise it.

Yep, sadly i have not driven a gallorado, exige or mustang but as Atari are apparently going for a mix of relaism and arcade, i thought that the cars would at least be fun to drive. To be fair that only my opinion and the car handling is something that could be changed right up until the game goes gold. Maybe it was the framerate or the bad physics i dont know.

Its fair to say that there will only be a taste of gameplay in a demo of an unfinished game but why release a demo that gives such a bad impression of your game I thought maybe it was just me but clearly others are not exactly loving whats on offer either.

I did think the sound was awesome, especially the lambo and the exige, ooohhh babeh

At the end of the day its not finished. It wouldnt be fair to comment on a half finished cake so im not going to judge this until i see some reviews and play the finished version for myself

Thanks
    Thanks that helped alot, I played it on SDTV which I nearly threw up on so got myself a VGA cable and its all good on my Dell 2005FPW . I actually like the demo tbh :S.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz (400Mhzx8) 1.52V (set in bios, 1.47v real) | 4GB GeIL PC6400 4-4-4-12 | Gigabyte DQ6 @ 1600Mhz | HD2900XT 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 720W | Silverstone TJ07-B with custom watercooling | BenQ FP241WZ
    3dmark05 - 13140 | 3dmark06 - 6698 | SuperPi 1M - 15s

Thanks
    Well guys, it's early days yet but we *might* have something very, very special lined up for you.

And don't pester me just yet... we're still sorting it out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    Well, downloaded the demo a couple of days ago, and I have to say I personally thought it was pretty sweet.
    I REALLY hated the handling to begin with, but once you sample each of the 3 cars, you get an appreciation of how it works and where the differences are....I think they got it down pretty well.

As for graphics....I'm not sure what my feelings are. They do definately look better in the screenies provided, but I didn't think they were at all shoddy. Draw distance is huge-mongous, and the foliage on the trees, and the shadows they cast is exceptional.
    Also, I didn't notice any slowdown...well, just the once when I did a load of donuts in the middle of the road, whch kicked up loads of tyre smoke

My only real problem with the demo is that, although it claims to be 'online', I SWEAR you're not driving around that island with other players. Seriously, everyone seems to be driving at the speed limit and obeying the highway code. And watch the brake lights on 'player' cars when they come up to junctions. They don't come on solidly, they kind of flicker really fast as if they're being applied on and off in rapid succesion. Couple that, with the fact that all the pler's names are converted to generic names like 'Steven' and 'Roberto', and it makes me very suspicious as to whether or not I'm racing genuine gamers.

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Well guys, it's early days yet but we *might* have something very, very special lined up for you.

And don't pester me just yet... we're still sorting it out...
    Lets just hope it doesnt turn out to be as long a wait as this

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=54035

da.Guvna the demo is not online you are racing against AI

Thanks
    Yeah but, check out the description of it in Marketplace. Also, if you go to the in-game map and look for other players, you can see real gamer tags listed as being online in the game....so it's online...but not properly....weird.

Thanks
    on the top right of the map (click right on the dpad) there is an orange place where you can play against people through Xbox Live
    Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz (400Mhzx8) 1.52V (set in bios, 1.47v real) | 4GB GeIL PC6400 4-4-4-12 | Gigabyte DQ6 @ 1600Mhz | HD2900XT 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 720W | Silverstone TJ07-B with custom watercooling | BenQ FP241WZ

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steve threlfall
    Lets just hope it doesnt turn out to be as long a wait as this

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=54035
    Cheeky monkeh!

RIght, just cos of that, I shan't tell you... of EITHER!

(It's my pram and MY toys so I'll chuck them where I damn well please!)
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    OMG i noticed something amazing about test drive, go to the lambo dealer and you can get in the cars there and turn the engines on :O. I was well surprised with being able to do that, in the murcielago coupe i could see the receptionist in the rear view and I could tell she was thinking I was going to steal it, maybe I was tbh .
    This game is going to own!

Registered+
    Thanks
    Eeeek. I've been waiting for this game since it was first announced. I haven't had the chance to download the demo, and if it's that crap, I'm not sure I'd want to. PLease let them fix it soon. That was one of the games which made me buy it.

Thanks
    It seems like I am one of the few people that enjoyed this demo! I can see where you are coming from in not liking the handling but I have played through this demo a fair few times now and as "DaGuvna" mentioned above, you being to get a feel for the handling moreso after trying out the other cars and coming back to the one you began with. (I can't stand the mustang, however). On the whole, I thought the graphics weren't too bad at all, certainly some of the screenies posted online looked even better but the detail in the cars is astonishing. My only gripes with the demo was the blooming time limit and its consistency to freeze whilst I was playing online (offline was fine however).

In the mean time I think I shall grab MotoGP 06 to keep me occupied until this games delayed release.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    • schmunk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit NF7-S v2.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon-M 2500+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB of Corsair BH-5 and 512MB of something else
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon X800Pro, flashed to XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-M ~400W
      • Case:
      • Antec cheapy
      • Monitor(s):
      • AG Neovo F19 LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 4MB/s
    Quote Originally Posted by CAL3H
    I can see where you are coming from in not liking the handling but I have played through this demo a fair few times now and as "DaGuvna" mentioned above, you being to get a feel for the handling moreso after trying out the other cars and coming back to the one you began with. (I can't stand the mustang, however).
    But then the words 'Mustang' and 'handling' have never been synonymous, so that's probably fairly accurate....

Registered+
    Thanks
    Actually, I couldn't resist and downloaded it the other night. I was quite impressed with it. Although it's not up to scratch with PGR3 in playability, I quite enjoyed it. I love the free roaming, very impressive. Shame you don't get the damage on your own car, will that be put in later? The multiplayer function of the demo was quite good too, no lag at all.

Thanks
    No, there isn't and as far as my last chat with Atari went, there won't be any damage on your car.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by schmunk
    But then the words 'Mustang' and 'handling' have never been synonymous, so that's probably fairly accurate....
    Heh true, it's my fault for watching 'Gone in 60 Seconds' fairly recently!

Cheers,
    CAL3H

-----------------------------------------------------

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    No, there isn't and as far as my last chat with Atari went, there won't be any damage on your car.
    Bah, that sucks. Especially since you can damage the innocent drivers on the road, but yours acts like a tank.

Something similar to PGR3 would be ideal. Such a shame, I thought the next gen games were gonna be more realistic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information