Thread: The Movies 2 Petition

Registered+
    Thanks

Post The Movies 2 Petition

What Is The Movies?

The Movies is a PC simulation game created by Lionhead Studios for Microsoft Windows and subsequently ported to Apple Mac OS X by Feral Interactive. It was released on November 8, 2005 in the United States of America, and November 11, 2005 in Europe after reaching gold status on October 8, 2005. In The Movies, players take the role of a Hollywood film mogul, running a studio and creating films. Much has been made about the film-making aspect of the game, as it allows players to easily create viewable works or machinima. The game is similar to the early 1990s film production game Stunt Island; the game is also similar to the 1988 game Charlie Chaplin, the 1996 game Steven Spielberg's Director's Chair and, to a lesser extent, the 1996 game 3D Movie Maker.

In October 2006, the Macintosh version by Feral Interactive won a Bafta for the best simulation game of 2006 at the Bafta games awards. The Macintosh version added a number of additional features which aren't available in the original PC release. The game was also nominated in the soundtrack category although it did not win.

What Is The Point of This Thread?

The Movies, a game that captivates, thrills, and has made it possible for many amateur movie makers to realise their dreams and endulge their fantasies is likely not to be developed further.

Lionhead and Activision seem to have no interest in developing a Movies II or another Addon. This is mainly because the Movies was not the financial success as was first hoped. This is of course a shame, as the Movies is more than just a financial simulation game. It's far more than just slapstick and stunts. It is a Machinima-Tool that has proved itself amongst stiff competition. It is the first Machinima-Tool that includes a filmeditor with a syncronisation function.

Many The Movies films were nominated at Machinima Festivals in the last year. The German film "Am Ende der Distanz" won the "Real Time Award 2006" at the FMX/06 festival against a very strong field of nominees with extensive manpower. At the Bitfilm Festival 2006 there were two The Movies nominees and five runners-up. The film "The French Democracy" gained unrivalled world wide admiration. The Movies films are now a mainstay in the Machinima Film scene. Many of the films were nominated at the Machinima Festival 2006. The film "Addiction" recently won the Machinima award at the Holland Animation Festival 2006. Well thought out, intelligent, sociocritical films are no longer a rarity.

We must show Lionhead that there are those of us who aren't just interested in Shoot-em-ups and want a serious development in this revolutionary game concept!

Please sign this petition to show that you are a The Movies fan, and also give your support for the development of a new and faultless The Movies that will allow you to further develop all your ideas!

Please Note: Do not sign this petition here. The Link to the actual Petition can be found by clicking on the Image above.

url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]

Has all the piri-piri! GeorgeTuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    I enjoyed but man it got boring so quickly, like the The Sims really. I wouldn't buy a number 2.

Also you petition won't change much since you would need to at least rival the original sales for the them to think about it.

Why not petition for a mod kit and then everyone could change the game to how they want?

Stealth Geek - And Proud!

Thanks
    • darrensen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte z77 UD3H
      • CPU:
      • i7
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Loads!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 780 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 850Watt
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Storm Trooper
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet Fibre 80mb
    I have signed up, hope they take notice of this as many corporate firms ignore these type of campaigns.

Good luck!

Flying prans are the flalalum Veles's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would've thought Peter would be happy to make a sequel, so him seeing a petition like this might convince him to nag at the publishers about it.

Veles on: Xbox live, My Halo stats
    Veles343 on: Xfire, Steam, BF2, BF2142
    My Blog

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    Personally, i'd sign a petition NOT to see a sequel - I really didn't like it..
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Registered+
    Thanks
    <:l

I am interested in seeing why.

url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    put me down for a signature on not to release "yet another management" sim-clone style game please.

I agree with George in that after 30 minutes of play it got BORING and I un-installed it and gave it to a friend for their birthday (poor sod! I know)

Rather than churning out the same management style games why can't they release games that break the mould?

I'll go scurry off now back under my rock and carry on with System Shock 2 for a while till Spore arrives

Flying prans are the flalalum Veles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee @ SCAN View Post
    put me down for a signature on not to release "yet another management" sim-clone style game please.

I agree with George in that after 30 minutes of play it got BORING and I un-installed it and gave it to a friend for their birthday (poor sod! I know)

Rather than churning out the same management style games why can't they release games that break the mould?

I'll go scurry off now back under my rock and carry on with System Shock 2 for a while till Spore arrives
    I think the whole point of this isn't to release a game, but to release a new improved machinama tool, or to at least make some modding tools to allow people to customise things a little easier.

I also got bored of this game, but as a machinama tool it's really useful, but not as useful as it should be.

Veles on: Xbox live, My Halo stats
    Veles343 on: Xfire, Steam, BF2, BF2142
    My Blog

Thread Information