Thread: Interview tips please!

Thanks

Interview tips please!

Have an important job interview on wednesday and am getting rapidly more nervous as the day approaches.... I've not had much interview experience, so any tips or advice from old pro's or any HR people would be extremely useful. Basically anything that helped make it all go as smooth as possible.

Don't suggest alcohol tho.
    ♪~( ̄ε ̄;) (/゜ー゜)ノ ((((((●~*

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    One thing I've always believed in more than anything and I love interviews is enthusiasm, Not over the top but you've got to be interested in what the interviewer is asking you, give a decent answer. Show interest in the job you are going for, have questions about the company and Job, even if its things like what the canteen is like etc.

Have your usual selection of I did this with a team or I did this on my own, or I enjoy this because, my best achievement recently etc, usually helps, and funny thing is it doesn't all have to be relevant to your job, i've found it just as good to have non work things that demonstrate skills important to the job.

Hope that helps
    TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    Be down to earth, don't talk like you know more than the person interviewing you (even though you may !), and keep smiling at all times.
    Turn up early, don't be late.
    Dress smartly, if you have glasses wear them. There was some research done ages ago, and employers get the impression people are more intelligent if they wear glasses (strange, but true !).
    Try to slip a few things in that are recently relevant about the job your going for. For example, if your applying to be building PC's for someone, while talking, just drop out a few comments about the A64. It shows your up to date with the market.

Don't try and pull jokes, but always laugh (not over excessively) at theirs
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Research the company and be prepared with a few questions you can ask them! That always goes down well.

Also, keep eye contact! Very important! Don't cross your arms. Be wary of your body language.

And have a FIRM handshake (but don't break his hand!). So many guys have weak pussy handshakes... doesn't look good IMO.

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    urgh! I hate those type of people - a handshake says a lot about a person I feel, firm and alls good but all limp and I'm not impressed...definite character tester.