• Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Nanoxia DS1

Re: The world in general is annoying me now

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post

I would un-doubtedly say its the latter. But i really do belive that cars should be the preserve of the rich, and public transport for the masses, so don't really mind people taxing road users more.

The amount of people who drive less than 1 mile to the supermarket never ceses to anoy me, mostly because the NHS will be picking up the bill for the lazy fatties.
    Yes because 30 people on a bus with their 6 or so shopping bags each is the way foward...

Thanks

I think the problem lies with the human race. We are screwing ourselves.

We are completly set in our ways. we're screwed.

Take this for example, my rant.
    The mentality of the people I work with. You got to settle down, you need a car.
    You will have kids by the time you are 30 and you will go on holidays whenever possible so you can come back to work and have something to say to your collogues.
    This wouldn't be so bad but They call me a looser for not obtaining the same lifestyle.

This is still 2008 isn't it?

Why do people insist of living a certain lifestyle?

This whole thing with global warming, a Con?
    What? Are you mad? look at the natural disasters happening. The flooding in the UK.

How long do you really think that all the things we have now are going to last?

I quit smoking years ago. The first thing I noticed was how I now choke on car smoke in the city centre. Getting anywhere takes forever as there are way to many cars on the road.

We could blame the goverment but it all comes down to one thing.
    We just don't seem to care about how much natural resources we waste every day until it hits our wallets.

All the land fill sites overflowing as the human race breeds like rats and each year it's more and more. Now, would the people even think about or try and cut down on this?

No. Not unless you reduce the number of bin collections. Will they think then? Most I bet you would just moan.

So, back to fuel prices and the tax on it.
    Is it more about making money out of us? Maybe, but this resource won't last forever.

Some people I'm sure genuinley need their cars for work and don't waste fuel driving around aimlessly and that works out bad for them. But there are also a lot of people who just waste fuel.

I'm may have offended people with what I just wrote and for that I'm sorry.
    But I just had to point out that until the price of fuel starts denting peoples wallets, a lot of people wouldn't give a second thought about wasting it.

And sooner or later this resource will run out.

Thanks
    • neonplanet40's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Supernova G6 850W
      • Case:
      • Lian LI Lancool 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 27" U2715H & Gigabyte M27Q
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbe

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    thats pretty much the bottom line, the country lacks a great leader
    To me a leader has to be authoritive.

I dont know about you guys but i like to see a leader who LOOKS powerful and confident. Tony blair or Gordon brown NEVER look/looked in the least bit authoritive in my opinion. In fact i thought tony was the opposite and i did meet him in person here in N.Ireland. Thatcher however did look authoritive. Cold as brass balls tbh. I met Bill Clintin in the Whitehouse in 1997 and to be fair he never intimidated me.Not that that was what he intended to do but i jsut didnt find him very charasmatic. Kind of an anti climax to be fair. i found him to be too "nice" for such a powerful man

I expect a leader not to be walked over by other people such as Bush- Blair/Brown as this in turn makes them look weak which effects the country as a whole.

I seen Putin of russia as powerful looking and as if he meant business! I dont think Britain has had a very charasmatic leader in a while!

I consider myself more as a republican anyway and follow the republic of ireland as that is where my heart is. But i dont think they have had that much of a good leader since Eamon De Valera.

I guess i just find it kind of strange how less than 100 years ago Britain was alot more powerful militarily and financially than America and now everyone relies on them. Its just a bad way to go in my opinion.

If theres one think i agreed with Hitler on it was Autarky aka self sufficiency where you dont need to rely on other countries to survive. Which he acheived although he didnt survive. That one country in the space of 6 years became a machine that took most of the major powers in the world to defeat. Don't think im a Hitler fan, its just i study history and know a good leader when i see one!
    Home Entertainment =Epson TW9400, Denon AVRX6300H, Panasonic DPUB450EBK 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray and Monitor Audio Silver RX 7.0, Monitor Audio CT265IDC(x4) Dolby Atmos and XTZ 12.17 Sub - (Config 7.1.4)
    My System=Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz, 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme, MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO, Enermax Supernova G6 850W, Lian LI Lancool 3, 2x QHD 27in Monitors. Denon AVR1700H & Wharfedale DX-2 5.1 Sound
    Home Server 2/HTPC - Ryzen 5 3600, Asus Strix B450, 16GB Ram, EVGA GT1030 SC, 2x 2TB Cruscial SSD, Corsair TX550, Plex Server & Nvidia Shield Pro 4K
    Diskstation/HTPC - Synology DS1821+ 16GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 45TB & Synology DS1821+ 8GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 14TB & Synology DS920+ 9TB
    Portable=Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Huawei M5 10" & HP Omen 15 laptop

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    Define a good leader then? Is it just charisma over substance?
    its simply knowing what to do and doing the right thing

just taking a look at how far this country's "Political Correctness" has gone shows how weak the leaders have been, wheres the spine? Nobody stands againts the stupid and make bold statements.

The leaders just seem to bend for whoever complains the loudest, i admire more strict countries where the public knows whos in charge.

but thats an ever expanding argument

Thanks

quick question, what are the rules/restrictions/requirements for becoming PM of Britain?

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonplanet40 View Post
    Maybe he did have the balls but the world has changed alot now. English Military relies HEAVILY on america now. It has been so cut down that it is no where near as powerful as it was. THats coming from an RAF officer who i talked to last year.

In other words, if america and uk fell out tommorrow and uk somehow ended up in a war, she would be royaly screwed.

But anyway, yea id like someone to tell bush where to go. His silly wars are bringing your country to the dogs. Also costing your tax payers quite a bit of money too!
    There's a converse way of looking at that, and I'm not saying that I necessarily totally agree with it, but it's certainly a viewpoint.

And that is that, given that we have a big, muscle-bound bloke as a best mate standing behind us, we pick fights we otherwise might not pick, because we have that mate.

Would, for example, we be in Iraq if it were not for the US being with us (or rather, we're with them)? I think the answer to that is a clear no. In fact, we're there shoring up the US, and not militarily, but politically. Our military commitment, while useful I'm sure, is as much a political shield as it is necessary for them militarily.

So, while we might be screwed if we got into a war without the support from the US, we are now, in my opinion, certainly actively involved in two wars that we would not be, probably because we could not be, without the US.

And, of course, for all that special relationship, the US took it's own sweet time getting involved militarily in the last two world wars, so we shouldn't necessarily assume that the US would get involved in our fights just because we're mates with them. As I read it, the taste for foreign military adventures among the US population is at an all-time low .... and remember how keen they were to get involved on the ground in Bosnia?

We still have a pretty useful, if fairly small and highly focussed military, of whom I am personally inordinately proud. Doesn't mean I have to like the way our political masters use them, though.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Then that's different to what we were talking about. You mention Hilter - I don't think he did the right thing at all, but he had enough charisma to be a good leader. The point we were making was that you can know what to do, and even do all the right things, but actually in the eyes of the public that doesn't seem to count for anything. The public define a good leader as simply being more charismatic.

i admire more strict countries where the public knows whos in charge.
    So again that's about being more charismatic, not doing the right thing.

There are some situations where the right thing is to stand up and shout loudly, but in modern day England they are few and far between. We are not an Empire any more, we don't have that much forceful power. Instead, most situations are better resolved by us NOT trying to throw any (non-existant) weight around, but instead doing quiet work in the background.

Thanks
    • Dingo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Kingston HyperX Blue
      • Storage:
      • Corsair Force series 3 120GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 6850 OC Edition
      • PSU:
      • Akasa Vodoo 550W
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2412M
      • Internet:
      • Zen

just taking a look at how far this country's "Political Correctness" has gone shows how weak the leaders have been, wheres the spine? Nobody stands againts the stupid and make bold statements.

The leaders just seem to bend for whoever complains the loudest, i admire more strict countries where the public knows whos in charge.

but thats an ever expanding argument
    You're right of course, but because this Government has allowed so many minority groups to gain footholds in Politics, and unashamedly backed (having introduced it) the Human Rights Charter regardless of whether Homeland Security or the majority's thoughts and expectations.

We are now in a situation where unless there is a major catastrophe in this country thus invoking "special powers", then the Prime Minister will always have to tread the Minority\Popular\Press induced middle ground, or face constant remonstrations from the "Cosy Liberal Left" in this Country.

Vote for me and I'll have the troops on the streets in days, Boot Camp for everyone under the age of 20 and alcohol prohibition for the next six months for the rest of the Country.

Terror suspects (and all their family members and relatives) will be deported en masse, applications to become a British Citizen\Asylum seeker will have to wait a minimum of six months after their applications, All Church buildings will have to sport a Disclaimer of Validated Truth on the outside and all aspiring Politicians will be made to serve two years in the miitary before they are allowed to enter the political arena.

Oh, and for good measure we'll invade France to kick off our NuEmpire Party, acquisition the good old fashioned way

Thanks
    • neonplanet40's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian LI Lancool 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbe

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
    You're right of course, but because this Government has allowed so many minority groups to gain footholds in Politics, and unashamedly backed (having introduced it) the Human Rights Charter regardless of whether Homeland Security or the majority's thoughts and expectations.

We are now in a situation where unless there is a major catastrophe in this country thus invoking "special powers", then the Prime Minister will always have to tread the Minority\Popular\Press induced middle ground, or face constant remonstrations from the "Cosy Liberal Left" in this Country.

Vote for me and I'll have the troops on the streets in days, Boot Camp for everyone under the age of 20 and alcohol prohibition for the next six months for the rest of the Country.

Terror suspects (and all their family members and relatives) will be deported en masse, applications to become a British Citizen\Asylum seeker will have to wait a minimum of six months after their applications, All Church buildings will have to sport a Disclaimer of Validated Truth on the outside and all aspiring Politicians will be made to serve two years in the miitary before they are allowed to enter the political arena.

Oh, and for good measure we'll invade France to kick off our NuEmpire Party, acquisition the good old fashioned way
    Sounds like a plan to be honest.....
    Home Entertainment =Epson TW9400, Denon AVRX6300H, Panasonic DPUB450EBK 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray and Monitor Audio Silver RX 7.0, Monitor Audio CT265IDC(x4) Dolby Atmos and XTZ 12.17 Sub - (Config 7.1.4)
    My System=Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz, 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme, MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO, Enermax Supernova G6 850W, Lian LI Lancool 3, 2x QHD 27in Monitors. Denon AVR1700H & Wharfedale DX-2 5.1 Sound
    Home Server 2/HTPC - Ryzen 5 3600, Asus Strix B450, 16GB Ram, EVGA GT1030 SC, 2x 2TB Cruscial SSD, Corsair TX550, Plex Server & Nvidia Shield Pro 4K
    Diskstation/HTPC - Synology DS1821+ 16GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 45TB & Synology DS1821+ 8GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 14TB & Synology DS920+ 9TB

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyV9 View Post
    This whole thing with global warming, a Con?
    What? Are you mad? look at the natural disasters happening. The flooding in the UK.
    Indeed Sir.

On the natural disasters front, lets look at some.

The Permian-Triassic extinction event, for instance. Thats a good one. 96% of ikkle swimmin things and 70% of wikkle crawlin things went right up the wall. Nowt to do with good old homo sapiens though, was it? Perhaps the Conodonts weren't recycling enough of their glass bottles.

And what about these 'killer' floods in the UK, huh? Surely a sign of the end time. Surely not long now until Jawsus returns for the final battle between good and Man Utd. These floods are like nothing that has been seen before... apart from the 1887 Yellow River flood in China, which killed between 900,000 and 2,000,000 people. And this flood is not even the most deadly flood for that particular river. It flooded again in 1937, killing even more. 2 million people Vs a couple of dish washers. And what did you call them? Natural disasters? Not even worthy of the name, sunshine.

And what, pray, caused these Chinese floods? Perhaps Mrs Wang was in the habit of keeping her TV on stand-by? Nope, it was silt on the riverbed and heavy rain.

I also have a feeling the Black Death probably had little to do with a lack of cardboard recycling facilities, and yet it still wiped out 30-60% of the peeps in Europe. Even the French, with their famously high standards of hygiene were mown down like garlic plants in a hurricane.

So don't give me the whole 'the worlds gone mad, run for the hills, but don't even run for the hills, because the hills are mad as well - THE WORLD AND THE HILLS ARE IN CAHOOTS, THEY MEAN TO KILL US ALL!'

In perspective, those floods that happened the other year in the UK were pretty piss-ant disasters. Don't you agree?

See, the Earth, from when it came into being (about 6.4 billion years ago if you are sane, about 6000 years ago if you are American) has always been getting hotter, then colder, then hot, hot, hot , then cold, so cold

Its what the Earth does. Are you pinning the cause of the Medieval Warm Period on us lot? Perhaps Henry II was a bit over the top with his hair spray usage? They didn't know about CFCs in those days, you see.

So do I think its a con? No. I think our species are contributing to the general, long-term warming of the Earth because of our massive use of oil, coal and scratch cards, BUT the Earth was getting warmer, cooler, and all sorts of other things ending in 'er' long before the creatures we evolved from, evolved. Actually, before the things they evolved from evolved. And probably even before that.

On average, for the last 6 years, the Earth has been getting colder. 2006 was colder than 2005, which was colder than 2004.

It's now June and I'm looking out the window at the drizzle. Not the palm trees - the drizzle.

So, although we might be dirty bitching the place up, don't take every little thing that goes wrong as a sign that our time, and indeed the time of this ball of rock we live on, is up.

We aren't ready to go the way of the Transformers (or indeed the piss-ants) just yet...
    Last edited by Stewart; 04-06-2008 at 12:16 AM.

11. Received thanks from:

CaseyV9 (04-06-2008),dangel (03-06-2008),neonplanet40 (03-06-2008),tiggerai (03-06-2008)

Thanks
    • neonplanet40's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian LI Lancool 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbe

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Indeed Sir.

The Permian-Triassic extinction event, for instance. Thats a good one. 96% of ikkle swimmin things and 70% of wikkle crawlin things went right up the wall. Nowt to do with good old homo sapiens though, was it? Perhaps the Conodonts weren't recycling enough of their glass bottles.

And what about these 'killer' floods in the UK, huh? Surely a sign of the end time. Surely not long now until Jawsus returns for the final battle between good and Man Utd. These floods are like nothing that has been seen before... apart from the 1887 Yellow River flood in China, which killed between 900,000 and 2,000,000 people. And this flood is not even the most deadly flood for that particular river. It flooded again in 1937, killing even more. 2 million people Vs a couple of dish washers. And what did you call them? Natural disasters? Not even worthy of the name, sunshine.

And what, pray, caused these Chinese floods? Perhaps Mrs Wang was in the habit of keeping her TV on stand-by? Nope, it was silt on the riverbed and heavy rain.

I also have a feeling the Black Death probably had little to do with a lack of cardboard recycling facilities, and yet it still wiped out 30-60% of the peeps in Europe. Even the French, with their famously high standards of hygiene were mown down like garlic plants in a hurricane.

So don't give me the whole 'the worlds gone mad, run for the hills, but don't even run for the hills, because the hills are mad as well - THE WORLD AND THE HILLS ARE IN CAHOOTS, THEY MEAN TO KILL US ALL!'

In perspective, those floods that happened the other year in the UK were pretty piss-ant disasters. Don't you agree?

See, the Earth, from when it came into being (about 6.4 billion years ago if you are sane, about 6000 years ago if you are American) has always been getting hotter, then colder, then hot, hot, hot , then cold, so cold

It what the Earth does. Are you pinning the cause of the Medieval Warm Period on us lot? Perhaps Henry the II was a bit to free with his hair spray? They didn't know about CFCs in those days, you see.

So do I think its a con? No. I think our species are contributing to the general, long-term warming of the Earth because of our massive use of oil, coal and scratch cards, BUT the Earth was getting warmer, cooler, and all sorts of other things ending in 'er' long before the creatures we evolved from, evolved. Actually, before the things they evolved from evolved. And probably even before that.

On average, for the last 6 years, the Earth has been getting colder. 2006 was colder than 2005, which was colder than 2004.

It's now June and I'm looking out the window at the drizzle. Not the palm trees - the drizzle.

So, although we might be dirty bitching the place up, don't take every little thing that goes wrong as a sign that our time, and indeed the time of this ball of rock we live on, is up.

We aren't ready to go the way of the Transformers (or indeed the piss-ants) just yet...
    Made me giggle lol thank you

Banned
    Thanks

I aim to please, although on this forum I might as well just post a link to a video of someone saying bum, or a picture of a monkey saying willy.

Its what they go mad for round these parts.
    Last edited by Stewart; 04-06-2008 at 12:19 AM.

Thanks

For your house-prices rant... I say the normal public who have 1 house pay a small sum to Council Tax... say £500... For every 2nd, 3rd, 4th house you own you pay double that.

1 person needs 1 house. Anything further can easliy be worked out with that person renting space from someone else. You cannot argue that 1 person needs 2 houses over 1 person having to deal with no house of their own. A tax to prevent rich people becoming landlords would not adversely affect the economy in anything like the way that such a huge tax on fuel is.
    Last edited by chicken; 04-06-2008 at 02:26 AM.
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!!!!!

Thanks

Indeed Sir.

Its what the Earth does. Are you pinning the cause of the Medieval Warm Period on us lot? Perhaps Henry II was a bit over the top with his hair spray usage? They didn't know about CFCs in those days, you see.

Yeah, okay. I went on one a bit this morning. seemed a good Idea at the time.

i'm just thinking of the enviroment in general.
    You hear people moaning on the taxing of fuel.

I just believe that smokers should be taxed big time. In the way they'll probably cost the NHS service money later.

And alcohol, yeah. Tax that big time aswell. The amount of money it cost for the police to deal with drunks and hospitals.

And fuel? well they should do. That can be health issue and pollutes the enviroment a lot.
    Maybe it would be better to tax people for driving in certain areas.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyV9 View Post
    Yeah, okay. I went on one a bit this morning. seemed a good Idea at the time.
    Alas, it wasn't.

I just believe that smokers should be taxed big time. In the way they'll probably cost the NHS service money later.
    They are. Smoking should be banned, end of story. Make weed legal, make fags illegal. We can all have a better time, listen to better music, and come up with better ideas, and not die of lung cancer in our 60s. Perfick.

And alcohol, yeah. Tax that big time aswell.
    Again, it already is. Difference is, its every mans right to have a pint of something cold after 'ard days graft down t'pit. And, unlike fags, you can drink all your life without monging up your insides if you are sensible.

Thanks

Alas, it wasn't. .
    Okay buddy, I guess you kind of made your point the first time as you claim that global warming isn't really our problem.

Hey, lucky I'm to dumb to win this arguement Eh?

It just really gets p**sed off when people moan about the goverment not seeming to do anything about the way our RAT RACE screw up this planet.

Taking steps to sort things out in general. Rubbish collections and Petrol prices. All a bit too much of an inconvienience eh?

And even if you don't believe that this will cause the end of the world it makes the enviroment we live in a bit crappy.
    The way I put that post wasn't good. But it still points out a few things about the way people are in general.
    Waste full.

And laughing off point about pollution? So if someone smokes in the same you room as you and they are making you breathe in their poisonous cancerous fumes, it ain't on really is it?
    Heading out into the city center and seeing all these cars parked up. How many of these people really need to driving these cars?

And you know what? I bet half of those people are are sat in their cars thinking "Hey it's okay, The world has been having these kind of disasters, cooling, heating up since the dawn of time itself."
    So, hey. In no way way should we be finding other, cleaner means of transport. No, too much effort that. Getting of our fat asses and sorting out that.
    It's smelling a lot of the car phumes in the city I live and wondering why I gave up smoking all those years ago.
    This in itself is a health problem. So when people moan about fuel prices going up I just think "Good, excellent." despite the fact t I know it will effect me.
    What will air quality be like in 20 years time the way we are heading?

I may be dumb sir, but don't feed me that crap about about "Oh well, that's global warming, gone on for centurys, nothing to do with me. Be cool."

Anyway, bugger this. I know me place now. I'm of to the hardware sections.
    Last edited by CaseyV9; 05-06-2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: g

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information