Thread: Can I get a few things straight?

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Can I get a few things straight?

I'm not going to apologise to anyone in particular. I have been insulted a few times in the past two days and also insulted people myself, but that was only in the heat of the moment. I see that there are many people on here that don't care about people's personal feelings so I don't want another debate/arguement on here so please don't reply if you're going to start it all up again.

The first thread on immigrants I may have come accross a bit harsh, well I've grown up in an area where I see lots of problems to do with both legal and illegal immigrants (which I won't go in to) so it's hardly surprising that I have strong views about this. I see and hear things going on around me and I tend to think that what I see with my own eyes is more often than not gonna be more real than anything I read or hear in the papers/tv/net. I know I shouldn't make judgements on the rest of the country based on this, but some of you guys are saying everything is getting better everywhere just because of a few reports about the whole country.

The second thread about drug testing brought back many fears I had of when I was at school and I saw people using drugs (those people were later involved in serious crimes, which if you really wanted to I could probably find links) and it scares me that they can be readily available to children. I dabbled in cannabis myself once but when I was old enough to control it, and I'm glad I did control it and stop coz I would've been more in the rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish now than if I'd carried on, I know it! Yeah, so I drink a bit now... but I don't drink to the extreme, I don't get drunk when I go out (I've seen some nasty stuff happen whilst working in pubs involving pint glasses, flapping flesh and blood covered floors) and certainly don't get violent. It's also legal and therefore doesn't cause me a problem morally.

The third thread (amongst others) about speeding, well, I suppose since most of you can't apprehend where I come from on this, I'll have to tell you. I had a very good friend of mine killed by a speeding motorist while I was on the scene. In fact, I had just gotten out of the car when it happened. I won't go into detail as some of you might not have the stomach for it, but I dearly hope that no-one ever has to see what I saw that day. I still get nightmares about it. Somehow, the driver of the other car survived and got off with a 12 month sentance and then got out after 8 months for good behaviour. Great, eh? That's justice for you...

I hope some of you now understand where I come from with being legal and hating speeding and illegal drugs. Please guys, just keep the speeds down and don't ruin your life with drugs. Enjoy them if you want to, I can't try and stop anyone, but don't let them ruin your life. I've seen that happen too many times.

only the finest beef
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Al
    I hope some of you now understand where I come from with being legal and hating speeding and illegal drugs. Please guys, just keep the speeds down and don't ruin your life with drugs. Enjoy them if you want to, I can't try and stop anyone, but don't let them ruin your life. I've seen that happen too many times.
    Message well said.

Thanks
    You have the same view points as me. The speeding part is important as well. A mate of mine over here was speeding ending up in a crash, died instantly, 17 years old. I won't tell you the gory part to it but it taught many people a good lesson.

Drugs is a bit obvious but it seems that in the 21st century they are very common. Been there, done that, had enough of it.

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    Al, I certainly don't have anything against you personally, and I hope that while I may be in opposition to you in one of the threads you mention, you understand that it's because I believe you're very wrong, not very bad, OK? Disagreeing vehemently with you is not the same as insulting you; challenging you when there is evidence that contradicts what you say is not insulting you. And letting pass comments that I believe are wrong-headed, discriminatory and contribute to a climate of irrational fear and hostility would, I feel, be morally wrong, so I will continue to oppose you. Not out of a desire to insult, or denigrate, but because I believe it needs doing. Clear?

Thanks
    These type of threads can be very handy, explaing yourself and your position clearly often avoids uncessesary problems, confrontations and misunderstandings. Hopefully this thread will serve its purpose because at the end of the day we will always differ with opinions and it's not worth getting confrontational about.

Thread Information