Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I hate religion.

unapologetic apologist
    Thanks

Re: I hate religion.

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Even with angels bringing creatures or the ark helping to distinguish clean / unclean that is still one man and his family single handedly building a boat in wood by hand on a scale I cant even begin to imagine , and in 7 days.. ( unless god / angels helped there )
    roughly 98 years, FWIW
    http://www.godspointofview.com/publi...ld_the_ark.htm

altered in the same way Christians removed certain gospels.
    No *removal* of gospels. Certain texts were EXCLUDED because they did not fit into the coherence of the other books - fallacious theology etc eg Gospel of Thomas

my question is why as God he would need to do that given that intolerance is large part of what leads to fear and hatred, esp considering religion today.
    Every single time God punished a city/population, He did so after repeated warnings. Every time He tells them what will happen if they don't repent of their evil practices (Sodom & Gomorrah, Ninevah, Noah, etc), and those who subsequently died DID SO OF THEIR OWN CHOICE. It's exactly the same today, when God (through various means) tells people today to repent and stop following false gods. The only people who will ever end up in hell will be those who CHOOSE to go there (i.e. be not with God). Fact. There is even a verse in the Bible which explicitly states that hell is a place to which no human was ever intended to go.

When Satan rebels he punishes / casts him down yet there is no mention of Gods own punishment for being responsible considering it was his teachings that lead Satan to those conclusions in the first place.. no sense of responsibility just judgement - and that is not very loving at all ..
    m
    ummm....wrong theology, to be blunt.

Satan CHOSE to worship himself rather than God. Consequently he was thrown out of Heaven. Satan was not a puppet who was doomed to make that decision.

It's the same for each person on the planet: they choose to either worship God, or worship themselves (pride). In doing the latter, they sin. Heaven is a place without sin, so no sinner can enter it, unless he / she has had their sins forgiven through repentance, washed clean through Christ's death on the cross, and accepted God's love.
    One can never stop saying Thank You

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

Quote Originally Posted by fuddam View Post
    hehehe, now THAT is funny. You dismiss the actual Hebrew that it was written in, to conform the text to your interpretation!
    Whereas you just ignore established word definitions entirely and conflate them to mean whatever the hell you want them to. Congratulations, that's a whole new level of hoodoo-reality compatibly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Banned
    Thanks

roughly 98 years, FWIW

No *removal* of gospels. Certain texts were EXCLUDED because they did not fit into the coherence of the other books - fallacious theology etc eg Gospel of Thomas
    Then why did they write them then ?

Every single time God punished a city/population, He did so after repeated warnings. Every time He tells them what will happen if they don't repent of their evil practices (Sodom & Gomorrah, Ninevah, Noah, etc), and those who subsequently died DID SO OF THEIR OWN CHOICE. It's exactly the same today, when God (through various means) tells people today to repent and stop following false gods. The only people who will ever end up in hell will be those who CHOOSE to go there (i.e. be not with God). Fact. There is even a verse in the Bible which explicitly states that hell is a place to which no human was ever intended to go.
    Behind every excuse is an apology..

ummm....wrong theology, to be blunt.

Satan CHOSE to worship himself rather than God. Consequently he was thrown out of Heaven. Satan was not a puppet who was doomed to make that decision.
    Doesn't God worship himself too though ?

m

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80

utterly bat****

depressingly bat****

Last edited by MadduckUK; 22-01-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

Banned
    Thanks

roughly 98 years, FWIW

Actually from what Ive read of what those in the name of Christianity/ Religion did to others , and are still doing today, they did pretty good job bringing hell here themselves - just ask any Native Indian if you can still find one.

m

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

Quote Originally Posted by MadduckUK View Post

depressingly bat****
    I just threw up on my mouth a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Banned
    Thanks

Well I think its time to take a commercial break, we'll get back with you after a word from our sponsors

m

Thanks

The bible is, of course, made up based on many other works, and contains little original material. The gospel of Mark, for example, is entirely made up of parts from the other gospels! This is not unique to the bible. The qur'an has large parts from both the bible and talmud. The book of Mormon repeats much of Issiah verbatim.

The biblical flood story is interesting not just for it's lack of logic, and contradictions, but also what it represents. It's told to children as a story about how great the Judaic god is. Let's review. He creates people, gives them free will, but then changes his mind and decides to kill ALL OF THEM. (Except Noah and family). It's horrible!

Of course, we all know that fear of the deity of choice is essential to maintaining control by the authority within all religions, and they all target children specifically.

Banned
    Thanks

Dont worry , the artilects are coming , and once they arrive they will be our new gods..

m

unapologetic apologist
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Actually from what Ive read of what those in the name of Christianity/ Religion did to others , and are still doing today, they did pretty good job bringing hell here themselves - just ask any Native Indian if you can still find one.

m
    You didn't read a word of what Galant posted earlier in the thread, eh?

unapologetic apologist
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TeePee View Post
    The bible is, of course, made up based on many other works, and contains little original material. The gospel of Mark, for example, is entirely made up of parts from the other gospels!
    hehehe. Four accounts of Christ's life, from four people, and you wonder why they cover the same material? Hmmm, have to think hard about the similarity....

The qur'an has large parts from both the bible and talmud. The book of Mormon repeats much of Issiah verbatim.
    Right about something, for a change. Many sources brought together to form the Quran. Mormon and JW's also use the Bible as their primary source, though the JW's would claim it IS the same - but is not.

The biblical flood story is interesting not just for it's lack of logic, and contradictions
    please show me where/how

, but also what it represents. It's told to children as a story about how great the Judaic god is. Let's review. He creates people, gives them free will, but then changes his mind and decides to kill ALL OF THEM. (Except Noah and family). It's horrible!
    It's about relationship, love, and taking responsibility. A major part of the Adam & Eve story is how it illustrates men like to avoid responsibility wherever possible. Your argument has just demonstrated that perfectly, painting the people who died as victims, rather than as people who actively rejected the warnings of impending doom, and so reaped the consequences.

Of course, we all know that fear of the deity of choice is essential to maintaining control by the authority within all religions, and they all target children specifically.
    That's right, it's one BIG conspiracy. We'd better call Robert Langdon immediately!

Anyway, seeing as you seemed to have forgotten both the title of this thead and the link I posted, I'd recommend rewinding and reviewing that first post. It will be most helpful.

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80

please show me where/how
    Noah was 600 years old at the time of the flood, this doesn't concern you?
    Vodka

13. Received thanks from:

nibbler (23-01-2012)

Thanks
    • Bunjiweb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte UD
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom X4 955 @ 3.6GHZ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 2950GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 550 Ti OC
      • Case:
      • Alienware 7500
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" HannsG HG281D
      • Internet:
      • Virgin V.I.P. 60mb

Amazing how people can take a story and turn it to represent fact with such eloquence, yet appear so nieve.....

If the Bible is taken so literally as many people do, then you'd think the sales of Apples would drop dramatically right?..
    =========
    NOTHING TO BE SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG PLEASE....

:: of all the things i've lost i miss my mind the most ::

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80

Quote Originally Posted by Bunjiweb View Post
    Amazing how people can take a story and turn it to represent fact with such eloquence, yet appear so nieve.....

If the Bible is taken so literally as many people do, then you'd think the sales of Apples would drop dramatically right?..
    only if they are being sold to you by a talking snake.
    Vodka

Banned
    Thanks

You didn't read a word of what Galant posted earlier in the thread, eh?
    I see no posters called Galant unless Im going blind , besides there is more than enough evidence in history to backup blood and religion and the need to educate through suffering and total genocide ( Native Indians )

You can use mans flaws as an excuse or misinterpretations if you like but in every follower of Religion today its pratically the same , whether its football matches ,or over a piece of land, and nothing more than petty squabble on same scale as 2 children in a playground.

The exception being something like Buddhism which has not ( as far as I know ) had any wars , or at least wars where they embark or conquest / material gain .

For me that says something because if religion was as powerful as you claim and fulfilling why would you care what any one thinks , when people think ill things about you, and judge you all the time in life any way ?

Beating the hell out of them is not going to change anything unless you kill them, in which case youve spread nothing other than death and excuse for more war and revenge..

If religion was as enlightening as you claim you would realise all that , and be content enough fighting your own battle for knowledge without need to kill anyone but your false self .. ( ego )

m
    Last edited by melon; 23-01-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks

hehehe. Four accounts of Christ's life, from four people, and you wonder why they cover the same material? Hmmm, have to think hard about the similarity....

Either it's not original or it's proof of the magic sky daddy. I believe we need a little help from the most pious William of Ockham.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information