Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Engagement Rings – Ladies advice wanted please!

Thanks
    thanks guys your all great!

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo
    Hot diamonds seem to be quite the thing at the mo too.
    Hot diamonds are lovely tumble got me a silver ring from that company, and ive had a necklace and a pair of earings from various friends and family as well.... the designs are really simple, silver/white gold and really nice pieces of jewelary

South Barrule from Cringle Plantation (with a Landy )

Thanks
    god damn a year. i wish IMC was as eager as you a year has been an gone we been living together most of that time and have just moved in a new house together....but nothing
    Fallow Lvl 15 Tauren Hunter on Arathor

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sweuzo
    god damn a year. i wish IMC was as eager as you a year has been an gone we been living together most of that time and have just moved in a new house together....but nothing
    Its not very long tho is it? u can walk away from a house alot easier then walking away from an engagement if you happen to change your mind.... Im not in a particular hurry to get engaged although it would be rather nice but it has only been 14 months all the same

Thanks
    Hey you man! I'm so happy for you, I hope everything will turn out great for you! I don't know what to say, since I think the most important parts are already been told .

Oh, btw when you've decided for a ring can't you send a post here (or make a new thread?) so that we can see it?

Good Luck on the 17th!
    Love, Peace and Linux

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshade
    Hey you man! I'm so happy for you, I hope everything will turn out great for you! I don't know what to say, since I think the most important parts are already been told .

Oh, btw when you've decided for a ring can't you send a post here (or make a new thread?) so that we can see it?

Good Luck on the 17th!
    Yeah will do! i will post pics and so on...

you will be my back up if she knocks me back yeah?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo
    return flight to gib this time of year is near on £350 itself
    Just so happens I have a lot of family in Gib. In fact my Dad might even be moving back there in the not too distant future.

Of course, this might not be any help to you, but it gives me ideas for a romantic holiday and proposal.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Rob
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lynni
    Its not very long tho is it? u can walk away from a house alot easier then walking away from an engagement if you happen to change your mind.... Im not in a particular hurry to get engaged although it would be rather nice but it has only been 14 months all the same
    How could you Lynni? I lost the girl I should've spent my life with, cos I was too slow....

*edit* I really shouldn't pimp my threads, but... http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=22945

Loved and lost.............
    Last edited by Rob; 03-07-2004 at 03:30 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant
    Just so happens I have a lot of family in Gib. In fact my Dad might even be moving back there in the not too distant future.

Of course, this might not be any help to you, but it gives me ideas for a romantic holiday and proposal.

sadly, i'm already taken, sorry

Thanks
    ok no worries - we all need backups!!

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rj45ethernut
    How could you Lynni? I lost the girl I should've spent my life with, cos I was too slow....

*edit* I really shouldn't pimp my threads, but... http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=22945

Loved and lost.............
    Can u explain further what your saying to me because i dont understand what your getting at? We both know what our future holds for us, and its nothing bad! Hell we just spent 15 mins looking at engagement rings in my home town All im saying is that, we have still only been together 14 months and that to be moved into a house, engaged and married in that time is a big rush..... something that im not ready for and dont really think my bf is either even though we both know what we want

Thanks
    Haggle is my advice

The markup on jewellery and particularly on engagement rings is insane. Typically you can argue as much as 20% off the retail cost although 10-15% is more realistic.

White gold is great but bear in mind that it will need to be re-plated roughly annually.

If you want a lot of bang for your buck get something like a princess (square) cut diamond and have it in an illusion mount, this is a square mount of white gold that gives the illusion that the diamond is larger than it actually is.

Don't ever go for a cluster.

And don't worry too much about the size, it can always be reduced to size later just make sure you have a ring you think she will like, get it in writing from the shop if need be that they will resize it for free.

Don't tell them your budget, just describe the kind of ring you want.

Lastly if possible deal with the manager as he will have more discount power than anyone else in the shop.
    Recycling consultant

Rob
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lynni
    Can u explain further what your saying to me because i dont understand what your getting at? We both know what our future holds for us, and its nothing bad! Hell we just spent 15 mins looking at engagement rings in my home town All im saying is that, we have still only been together 14 months and that to be moved into a house, engaged and married in that time is a big rush..... something that im not ready for and dont really think my bf is either even though we both know what we want
    Sorry Lynni, this wasn't a dig... One was rather squiffy and lacking in cohesive comments.

Had I written my comments tonight, I would have merely stated that 'you can walk away from a house' sounded a little cold hearted. Which, from my short time here, I know is not in your nature or how you would want it to come across.

So sorry for any confusion...

Rob

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rj45ethernut
    Sorry Lynni, this wasn't a dig... One was rather squiffy and lacking in cohesive comments.

Had I written my comments tonight, I would have merely stated that 'you can walk away from a house' sounded a little cold hearted. Which, from my short time here, I know is not in your nature or how you would want it to come across.

So sorry for any confusion...

Rob
    What i meant was without being cold hearted is that, if you havent got any ties to the house and are only paying rent.... then it would be easier to walk away without further damage, aside from whats been done to your heart

Personally (and im not planning on doing this i would find it harder and more heart breaking to break off an engagement, then i would to walk away from a house.... dunno just the way iam

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Sixkiller
    ok no worries - we all need backups!!

Got your ring yet bobby? can we see pictures pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mgh0
    Haggle is my advice

The markup on jewellery and particularly on engagement rings is insane. Typically you can argue as much as 20% off the retail cost although 10-15% is more realistic.

White gold is great but bear in mind that it will need to be re-plated roughly annually.

If you want a lot of bang for your buck get something like a princess (square) cut diamond and have it in an illusion mount, this is a square mount of white gold that gives the illusion that the diamond is larger than it actually is.

Don't ever go for a cluster.

And don't worry too much about the size, it can always be reduced to size later just make sure you have a ring you think she will like, get it in writing from the shop if need be that they will resize it for free.

Don't tell them your budget, just describe the kind of ring you want.

Lastly if possible deal with the manager as he will have more discount power than anyone else in the shop.

thanks for the tip's mate, will the high street shops haggle on the price? i'm a master haggler

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information