Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Footy Season.

Banned
    Thanks

New Footy Season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...on/3913281.stm

Well, the new season is nearly upon us, and as you can see, my team is in a bit of a state. Very depressing, for a blue blooded Everton fan, like me.

How's your team shaping up for the big kick-off? What are your expectations?

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    *yawn*
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Title Contender
    Thanks
    You blue noses will get a few dollars of the Rooney deal and Im sure Moyesy will spend it wisely if it doesnt get dissolved into the clubs debts

In a place called VERTIGO CrapshoT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard
    *yawn*
    Was there any point in that post.Every time you post something someone else thinks boring we'll all spam a couple of yawns in.....
    Some people do actually like football. back on subject

Well I'm a bit gutted at losing Gary Speed.I thought he would have finished his playing days up here.He was a true pro all round.Fair enough he had lost a yard of pace but he saved the midfield so many times last season.We can't afford to play Robert without a Speed in the team covering up for all the others.People don't see this part of his game.Thanks Gary mate someone who came and loved and not just after the cash...
    Now I thought Kluivert was a class act but he seems to have gone downhill over the past few years.Hopefully this move will burst him into life.I'm looking forward to this season as i think we will win a cup.We have no hope in the league,Arsenal or Man Utd will win that.I don't think Chelsea will it's another season of bonding for them..
    Farts are like children.....You always love you're Own.!!!
    Wise Men learn from Other people's mistake's...Fool's learn from their OWN.!!!

Thanks
    Once we sort the viera thing out, I'll tell you then Apart from that looking pretty good, a 10-1 thrashing of barnet with Reyes playing extremely well was good to see.

I think Newcastle will be more of a force this season, I really hope kluivert plays as well as he can. Chelsea will either be brilliant or totally average and I think an english side will win the champions league this year.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard
    *yawn*
    Howard; please don't spam threads that you are not interested in. If you are not interested in the subject matter, don't post.

Have a bit of respect for those of us that are interested, and simply ignore threads which don't catch your interest rather than spamming then for the sake of it.

Just common sense mate.

On topic: The Rooney situation should be a win-win situation for us. If he stays, we have the Worlds most exciting young player on our books, and if he goes, we have a massive injection of funds for the team.

Of course, Everton being Everton, I'm sure we will somehow find a way to lose, in a win-win situation. Most likely by selling Rooney, and not putting enough of the fee back into the team, so we weaken the squad without anyone coming in.

Not more than a season ago it was all looking so good, as well. Moyes was proving himself to be a fine manager (won Manager of the Year by a mile), Rooney was obviously worth millions, and we had just missed out on Eurpoe by 1 place, on the last day of the season.

Spin on a season, Moyes isn't exactly working miracles, Rooney is the cause of most of our unrest, and we stayed in the league by 1 place.

All gone to pot in the space of a year.
    Last edited by Stewart; 22-07-2004 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks
    Glad to see Everton in a tight spot

As for the better half of Liverpool -

Every season has always been a case of "is this going to be the one?" Finally will the 'pool return to the glory days and get a top flight trophey and regain a decent foothold in Europe?

As much as I'd love it to happen I don't think it will be this season, but we will be damn close - not almost 30 points adrift

Cisse has a lot of potential. Scored goals all over the place during his career so far in France so if he can adapt to the Premier League, continue to produce and hook up with Owen (if he stays ) they will be an extremely formidable partnership. Something I've noticed recently in the Premiership - there haven't been any real killer striking partnerships since the days of Cole and York at Man U. It's always been one star striker and a few others who play alongside them.

Belemy and Shearer may have come close at times, almost the perfect match up with Belemy's pace and Shearers shear (no pun intended) presence on the field in both physical strength and as a talisman.

Gerrard - THANK YOU FOR STAYING If that guy left, Owen would've have been on the phone to Roman or Perez faster than he could run. Asides from that the midfield would also have fallen apart with no other player to fill the boots of Captain. He is a world class player with bags more potential and NEEDS to start winning things for his own sake.

Rafa. Led Valencia to La Liga on his first season, please use some more of that magic pixie dust again Proved himself to be a top class manager at home and abroad so was definately the best choice imo. No way Liverpool could have afforded Mourino but he has way too much on his plate I feel to be successfull with Chelsea instantly. Come on Rafa!

Can the likes of Kwell, Diouf and Diao produced some form this season? Really hope so...

Fingers are crossed - ROLL ON THE FOOTBALL

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    Our seasons looking quite promising, but we've just lost John O'Shea and also Ole Gunnar Solksjaer for what could be a few crucial matches. I just hope Ronaldo ( thats Christiano - not the wabitty looking one ) plays like he did in Euro 2004 and Heinz and Miller all play as good as seen in the pre season friendlies.

Oh - I've just noticed thats next week is the start of the vodaphone cup so at least thats a great warm-up session leading into the "Chaaaaarity sheild" against Arsenal.

Hopefully the reuniting of Ferguson and Queroz will be a great one again

EDIT : lol looks like we stole a few of the Real Madrid staff as well by the looks of it judging by this news story.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/3889667.stm
    Last edited by Lee H; 22-07-2004 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WildmonkeyUK
    Our seasons looking quite promising, but we've just lost John O'Shea and also Ole Gunnar Solksjaer for what could be a few crucial matches. I just hope Ronaldo ( thats Christiano - not the wabitty looking one ) plays like he did in Euro 2004 and Heinz and Miller all play as good as seen in the pre season friendlies.
    You haven't even mentioned Alan Smith.!!!! I would have loved him to have came to the Toon.Great player when he wants it.Good move for him.We did get Milner from Leeds though and he's been outstanding so far,even in training.Still doesn't soften the blow of Speed leaving but Hugo's gone too Hurray!!! What a pile of £8.5 million worth of crap..There's more transfers in the pipeline as well.Should be a interesting week for us Geordies.

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Heh well i'm hoping that everton's unrest, Crystal palaces fluke of getting in the premiership and blackburns constant fight with relegation will prove just enough to allow Norwich to stay in the premiership for another season.

We've got Bentley on a all season loan from arsenal which is a superb situation, he looks a class act and i'm hoping that bit of extra class shows for us this season, we've got huckerby playing well although he's a bit unproven in the premiership imo.

Hoping that Henders (england u21) will make the jump to the premiership and provide us with a useful supply of goals too.

That and i'm hoping our defence which was rock solid last season to win us promotion will hold out against the likes of man utd and arsenal...

Saying that confidence is all important...

First 4 Games..

Crystal Palace (must Win)
    Man Utd
    Arsenal
    Newcastle.

Lets hope we get at least the win at Crystal Palace under our belts because i don't fancy our chances against the rest (10 years its been), but he lets hope my team are coming back to our glory days....

ANyone remember Jeremy Goss against Bayern Munich 2-1 in German, first british team to beat them on german soil

OH yes Norwich certainly was in Europe, a short trip down memory lane to 92/93 season, got beaten in the QTR finals of Eufa cup by Inter Milan, 0-1 1-0 in both legs to Inter Milan with a certain Bergkamp scoring the second in the 85th Minute of the second leg... (god i still hate him for that)

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TiG
    ANyone remember Jeremy Goss against Bayern Munich 2-1 in German, first british team to beat them on german soil TiG
    I remember him,Norwich were a canny team then.It's going to be a tough season for you though....

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    Quote Originally Posted by CrapshoT
    You haven't even mentioned Alan Smith.!!!! I would have loved him to have came to the Toon.Great player when he wants it.Good move for him.We did get Milner from Leeds though and he's been outstanding so far,even in training.Still doesn't soften the blow of Speed leaving but Hugo's gone too Hurray!!! What a pile of £8.5 million worth of crap..There's more transfers in the pipeline as well.Should be a interesting week for us Geordies.

eeek I forgot about him. He's going to be another OT legend - I can feel it in my waterworks.

All we need now is for Everton to accept our 25+ million offer for Rooney and I think fergies rebuilding will have been completed

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WildmonkeyUK
    All we need now is for Everton to accept our 25+ million offer for Rooney and I think fergies rebuilding will have been completed

If everyones fit in defence they're solid there. They just seemed very static going forward towards the end of the season. Van Nistleroy looked jaded and when he wasn't scoring the team didn't seem to have much idea. Midfields another problem for them. Keane on top form would beat both kleberson and djemba djemba combined and I don't think Liam Millar (good player though he is) is up to replacing him yet. I think Smithie will be good for them though.

Middlesboro might do a bit of damage this season if Maclaren gets them to gel. If you play Jimmy Floyd every game he'll score a bundle of goals and that was their biggest problem last year.

Gary Speed's probably the best buy during the close season. A great pro who I think might be missed by Newcastle. Kluivert might be a great player but they've already got some professional party goers at Newcastle and I doubt they need another one.

I haven't a bloody clue what Chelsea will do and can't say I'm fussed what they do. I hope Liverpool start playing well and I think they probably will looking at the way Valencia played the last couple of years.

Being more or less neutral (Hibs and Carlisle Utd fan) I hope Arsenal stay as they are, and keep Viera, because there's no better sight than them attacking from all angles at speed.

Other than that looking forward to Harry Redknapps twitch as he signs another 23 players that he read about in the Daily Sport (but doesn't actually know any of their names).

Best news of all - Match of the Day is back.

PAz
    Registered+
    Thanks
    im really excited, but scared as **** with the prospect of Vieria leaving....i dont think he will go though as it seems just like your typical crappy media hype, it happens every year...normally he pledges a bit more loyalty to us though...

with the new right back weve signed, trabelsi (sp?) weve got a pretty strong squad, strengthening the goalkeeper (signed that 20 year old from Celta Vigo), a defender and also Van Persie and another player from Marseille. Kanu and Wiltord were definitely not losses so im pleased theyve gone. Bit upset that Parlour has gone as he was and will always be one of my favourites, such a determined player it'll be gutting to see him against us next season.

Its gonna be one hell of a season though, what with Chelsea bringing in some more big stars and a new manager, Utd have made alot of signings which will also be interesting to see how they fair this year compared to last. Liverpool have looked pretty good in their friendlies aswell, and boy Cisse is quick could be an interesting battle between him and our boy Henry this season!

Still, beers at the ready, roll on August 8th for our first live game for the Community Shield...then August 15th when we take on, a hopefully minus Rooney, Everton side...

iMc
    Thanks
    Im starting to get very excited about the next season. Very pleased with signings Arsenal have made although I was hoping for one big name signing. They are the usual players Wenger goes for and most are sure to blossem into fine players. I hope Reyes and Van Persie can cause an impact. Im also glad Lehmann has a decent contender for the No.1 shirt now as well.

Not bothered about Kanu and Wiltord leaving. I think Ray Parlour moving to Middlesborough is good for him, he did well for us but is past his best. Keown leaving isnt such a blow either.

If Viera leaves then Wenger will have to replace him with a big name. He can't afford to just let him leave and not replace him expecially with £25-30m in the bank.

I think Chelsea will be a an even bigger force this season with the new boss and some excellent signings especially Drogba. He is a great player. United will be back on form once Rio is back, and with the ever improving Ronaldo. I can see United doing very well as long as their central midfield is up to the task.

EDIT: Just read on SkySports that if Viera leaves then Wenger sees Maniche as the ideal replacement. Id have to agree after seeing him play for Porto and in Euro 2004. He is a very powerful and creative player with a hell of a shot on him.
    Last edited by iMc; 23-07-2004 at 07:32 PM.
    HEXUS|iMc

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    Birmingham are my choice for the "dark horse" team of this season. They've aquired a bloody load of good players on what people would deem a shoe-string budget and with Steve Bruce at the helm, who knows what this team are capable of.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information