• stevie lee's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair 3600 MHZ Cas 18
      • Storage:
      • 250GB BX500, M500 240GB, SN750 1TB NVME, mechs - Hitachi 1TB. WDblue 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • sapphire 7700 1gb
      • PSU:
      • corsair RM550X
      • Case:
      • Xigmatech Midgard
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 42" Panasonix viera (1080p limited RGB)
      • Internet:
      • plusnet fibre

How's your day been?

well my day has been a mixed bag of nuts.

started off having some chocolate brioche loaf and a big cup of coffee for breakfast.

then turned on computer, for some reason its now taking 10 minutes to 'settle' in windows. it was 2 minutes including all the auto-updates but since the last Windows updates I did the other day its grown exponentially. needs investigating.

came onto hexus, found out shadow warrior was now free
    so downloaded that at 1.7MB/s , I like plusnet unlimited, no more waiting till after midnight to get large files, was a 60GB cap before but was using all that up with iplayer.

started playing that. forgot how this style of game works, with the key/card finding to open doors 2D rotating graphics, cartoon humour, running all over the place pressing enter on all the walls and objects to find secrets.

then.. dun dun dunnnnn.. (suspense music)

I heard a loud crackling sound, buzzing, sound was going weird, then POP plus all the lights started flashing on my NAD c340 I was using to play the sound.
    oh noes, its broken now. had it since feb 2000 from my first wages from my first job.

much sadness ensued, plus much frantic unplugging and carting the amp into the garden incase of random explodeyness.

bit of googling later I found its either the power circuitry circuit, or the circuit that sends the sound to each speaker. need to explore that next week sometime. should be enough time for the capacitors to discharge right??

then i've spent 6 hours re wiring, moving speakers and rechecking all the inputs on my NAD T761 which also needed repairing last year (dry solder on the front left digital output board).

that's now running, 2 computers, TV, digibox, VHS, dvd player, all interconnected so the VHS can record things from the tv and dvd, dvd records from tv and VHS and so on. so lots and lots of wires.

although its now got a slight hum, that I think is a 'ground loop' need to check that aswell.

and my sister ate the last of the brioche

so morale of the story is:

always buy decent known brands for things, so if they go bang, they don't take out everything else with them.
    just because its a known brand, that doesn't mean it isn't going to go bang one day when you least expect it.
    hide cakes in the cupboard my sister doesn't look in

how was your day?

edit: just been downstairs for a snack, and my sister eaten the sausage rolls aswell.
    Last edited by stevie lee; 30-05-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Account closed at user request
    Thanks
    • wasabi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B85M-G43
      • CPU:
      • i3-4130
      • Memory:
      • 8 gig DDR3 Crucial Rendition 1333 - cheap!
      • Storage:
      • 128 gig Agility 3, 240GB Corsair Force 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silver Power SP-S460FL
      • Case:
      • Lian Li T60 testbanch
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • First F301GD Live
      • Internet:
      • Virgin cable 100 meg

Re: How's your day been?

Went to work. Got bored. Did nothing remotely productive as usual as boss micromanages.
    Went to gym, class cancelled. Decided tp just come home and read in garden for a bit instead.
    Ate mussels in white wine sauce, and drank tequila.
    The end.

Thanks

My day has been just like your avatar stevie:

Had a hot date
    Was wearing the 'Lionheart'
    I do like to keep it fresh
    So I washed it in some of those Ariel Liquitab things
    But then stood in reindeer crap

And....BOOM!

4. Received thanks from:

peterb (31-05-2013),Pleiades (31-05-2013)

Thanks
    • g8ina's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z75 Pro3
      • CPU:
      • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3.
      • Storage:
      • 250GB SSD system, 250GB SSD Data + 2TB data, + 8TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD 6870
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 22"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100MB unlimited

I fell down the stairs and have a loverly bruise on my right hip

That's the third time this month, but don't tell Sally, she'd only worry.

The brioche was all gone by the time I got down stairs anyway...
    Cheers, David

Thanks

Got up this morning, scrambled myself to work as usual so I can get those extra 5 minutes in bed! I have been auditing all day and it bores the life out of me! Now im wasting time trying to figure out my new micro ITX build...

I'm Very Important
    Thanks
    • Domestic_Ginger's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3
      • CPU:
      • Phenom II X2 550
      • Memory:
      • 4GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • F3 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 550vx
      • Case:
      • NZXT beta evo
      • Operating System:
      • W7
      • Monitor(s):
      • G2222HDL

Same as usual of late. Sitting at work waiting to be made redundant; we're going through consultation. Its always the same. Those who have willingly whored themselves to the corporate philosphy are clearly defined by their now vocal discontent.

I'm pretending to be in another world by browsing the internet for cheap consumers electricals, mmos and PC hardware. Suns out, maybe I'll take a long lunch and go out to the shops. Will get the train home after work and wait for my wife to return with the kids and the greatest moment of the day as I greet them when they come home.

I realise this is a bit depressing. I'm not sad though.

Drum & Bass Till I Die deejayburnout's Avatar
    Thanks
    • deejayburnout's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 2600 at stock speeds ( for now)
      • Memory:
      • 2 x Corsair 8GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Gigabyte 128GB M.2 PCIe x2 NVMe SSD, 120GB Kingston SV200, 2 x 1TB WD Drive, 2 x 2TB WD Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8G Gaming OC Edition
      • PSU:
      • OCZ 750 Watt
      • Case:
      • NZXT Noctis 450
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UM65-P Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 72mb Down 19mb up - Vodafone

my son woke up screaming at 1am and did so for the next 40 mins.

RESULT

i am knackered.
    Better to Burn out than Fade Away
    Check out my Youtube channel - Crispy Crisperson

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic_Ginger View Post
    Same as usual of late. Sitting at work waiting to be made redundant; we're going through consultation. Its always the same. Those who have willingly whored themselves to the corporate philosphy are clearly defined by their now vocal discontent.

I'm pretending to be in another world by browsing the internet for cheap consumers electricals, mmos and PC hardware. Suns out, maybe I'll take a long lunch and go out to the shops. Will get the train home after work and wait for my wife to return with the kids and the greatest moment of the day as I greet them when they come home.

Will get the train home after work and wait for my wife to return with the kids and the greatest moment of the day as I greet them when they come home

@domestic_ginger you dont know how warming it was to read that. Fingers crossed about your job too, i really do hope things work out.

Thanks
    • pooley's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8P67
      • CPU:
      • I7 2600k@4.6
      • Memory:
      • 8gb Kingston HyperX
      • Storage:
      • 250gb ssd x2 Sammy F3's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HIS HD7950 IceQ
      • PSU:
      • Thermaltake TP 875W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone FT-02W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Shimian 27"

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic_Ginger View Post

Great post Domestic, Glad to see others know what really matters!!

boop, got your nose
    Thanks
    • stevie lee's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • sapphire 7700 1gb
      • PSU:
      • corsair RM550X
      • Case:
      • Xigmatech Midgard
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • plusnet fibre

the ducks are back in the garden so we've not been able to tidy up down there today, incase we scare them off.
    I think they're only here because the other place they go at the botanic gardens the female ones keep getting killed by the male ones. around 12 or so they've found dead floating in the water in the past 2 months.

tidied front garden up instead, equivalent of 4 wheelie bins full of garden stuff to chuck away.

may do shed stuff tomorrow and then start a 'pimp my workmate' thread.
    should be enough time for them to have been delivered for the rest of you from amazon, from zaks thread a few weeks ago we can have a pimp off

@domestic_ginger - I've kinda go the same thing going on at my volunteering place, managers leaving in august, big boss is retiring soon aswell, new people being brought in, no idea what's going to happen to the shopmob side of it all. its council funded and they're cutting everything around here and putting the cost up of the stuff left.

hope your bum gets well soon g8ina

edit: I really should finish my review of the graphics card, still got the test on whether the foam box or cardboard one is better. and theres the alternate panda dance Christmas music to film aswell. its only 6 months late.. don't think anyone will notice
    Last edited by stevie lee; 01-06-2013 at 09:12 PM.

OilSheikh

Woke up at 7. The Romanian residents few houses down the road had started drilling and electric-sawing. I opened my window and yelled at them - what time do you call this ? Do you want me to call the police ? Rest of the day didn't hear a peep from them until few hours ago, when they invited guests and are having a party and are group singing. Fair enough, it's a party, I can't complain.

I finally sent them a recorded letter yesterday annonymously saying - you stop what you are doing or I take you to court. Most likely, Royal Mail will hand it to them on Monday. Called council up again yesterday - whats going on with couple of complaints I made .. been a month! Guy says case is IN PROGRESS. A case officer will call me the coming week. If I hear another drill or saw noise, I will call the out of hours noise team from council immediately to come round. I have endured this bs for over 3 months .. every weekend from 10:00-22:00 and I am this close to actually taking them to court. They are working on their 2nd conservatory and I bet it's wothout permission. Can't wait for the council to give them a 5k fine and tell them to rip it apart.

Went shopping. Overate for lunch, so no dinner for me.

Downloaded FAR CRY 3 - Blood Dragon. Can't believe I suck at keyboard after all these years of console controller usage. Had to immediately remap WSAD to UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT and I am still struggling moving about.

Planning to change Gas / elec provider by tonight as a special Quidco offer ends today!

Thanks
    • Shirty's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H77M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500k (4.3)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Crucial M4 & Samsung 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 770 SC (reference blower)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CX500M
      • Case:
      • White Bitfenix Prodigy
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • I live in a village, so not very quick...

Woke up at 9am - pretty unusual as I have a 2 year old but she obviously fancied a lie-in. Went to nursery fund raiser with said toddler and her grandparents. Chilled in garden sunshine for a few hours. Joined Hexus forums because my native hardware site is just going to pieces at the minute. That's about it I suppose

Thanks

Wrestling with my pc which is doing irksome things with my folder arrangement system. Given up and decamped onto the laptop.

Pondering the ethics of refunding an ebay buyer after I finally re-sold this item - may have to start a poll on the subject & canvass people's consciences.

Wondering why Cadbury's thought that re-making bars of Caramel in fractionally different shaped chunks constitutes a rework. New lower price.. new better value.. new bonus chunk.. no. Just new, we've rounded off the corners slightly. Ooh, steady on.

Cracking open roasted salted sunflower seeds in shells with a pair of small pliers.

Had phone call from a friend with far too much medical information about someone's giblets.

Quote Originally Posted by OilSheikh View Post
    They are working on their 2nd conservatory and I bet it's wothout permission. Can't wait for the council to give them a 5k fine and tell them to rip it apart.
    Keep us posted & fingers crossed, noisy beggars.
    Last edited by sammyc; 01-06-2013 at 09:23 PM.

boop, got your nose
    Thanks
    • stevie lee's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • sapphire 7700 1gb
      • PSU:
      • corsair RM550X
      • Case:
      • Xigmatech Midgard
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • plusnet fibre

oilsheik - you are recording the times, days, duration, type of noise, loudness (db meter required I think) so the council have something to base the complaint upon, and to check against with other complainers and the people who are making the noise.
    they could just think you are making it all up otherwise. I know how councils work like that.

also read and sneakily check against - http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/per...onservatories/ before complaining about the conservatory, they may not need permission.

be careful if you make too many complaints, the council may think you are the nuisance neighbour and deal against you.

16. Received thanks from:

OilSheikh

Quote Originally Posted by stevie lee View Post
    oilsheik - you are recording the times, days, duration, type of noise, loudness (db meter required I think) so the council have something to base the complaint upon, and to check against with other complainers and the people who are making the noise.
    they could just think you are making it all up otherwise. I know how councils work like that.

also read and sneakily check against - http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/per...onservatories/ before complaining about the conservatory, they may not need permission.

be careful if you make too many complaints, the council may think you are the nuisance neighbour and deal against you.
    Recently, everytime they make noise, I have been using my phone to video record them. And, my clever phone names the video files in date format.
    Even more recently, I have started video recording my PC's time and I move my phone to the window and record them.

This party's still ongoing, can you believe it ? Called the council and a chap called back saying he would go and check. Haven't heard from him!
    As soon as it's 1am , I am calling the Police. Meanwhile, I can hear thumping music while my windows are closed and singalongs to Spanish like songs.

Drum & Bass Till I Die deejayburnout's Avatar
    Thanks
    • deejayburnout's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 2600 at stock speeds ( for now)
      • Memory:
      • 2 x Corsair 8GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Gigabyte 128GB M.2 PCIe x2 NVMe SSD, 120GB Kingston SV200, 2 x 1TB WD Drive, 2 x 2TB WD Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8G Gaming OC Edition
      • PSU:
      • OCZ 750 Watt
      • Case:
      • NZXT Noctis 450
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UM65-P Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 72mb Down 19mb up - Vodafone

Quote Originally Posted by OilSheikh View Post
    Recently, everytime they make noise, I have been using my phone to video record them. And, my clever phone names the video files in date format.
    Even more recently, I have started video recording my PC's time and I move my phone to the window and record them.

This party's still ongoing, can you believe it ? Called the council and a chap called back saying he would go and check. Haven't heard from him!
    As soon as it's 1am , I am calling the Police. Meanwhile, I can hear thumping music while my windows are closed and singalongs to Spanish like songs.
    Feel your pain mate.

what are the other neighbours saying about it?
    Better to Burn out than Fade Away
    Check out my Youtube channel - Crispy Crisperson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information