Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've just bought this...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    They are amazing - I love em - wouldn't mind one myself (might pick one up in the states init!)

I would like to get a remote heli - not sure where to start, has to be petrol though - I have loads of land nearby to fly on
    If you want to chat to someone about remote heli's then my msn is in my profile

O\/\/N3D
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead_Head
    Dont worry Hexites... in the next few weeks we'll have footage on a BMX dirt track near where I live and I'll get it edited to a little movie for you all.
    Hey buddy! any vids yet??

O\/\/N3D
    Thanks
    Just a few pics of my MGT, sorry for the poor quality but I will take some decent ones soon when more hopups arrive.

Associated Monster GT

Werks Racing Picco .26
    Integy Piggyback Shocks,
    RC Solutions Rollcage,
    Ti Turnbuckles,
    GPM Arms/Towers/Skitplates,
    New Era Bumpers,
    Big Joe 40's on Chrome ...... the list goes on and on and on!!!

Got a new chassis, ZR XS3 FM radio gear, Nova motor mount and a few bits shipping the way over from the HK as we speak.

Pretty bulletproof really and it goes like stink

Thanks
    Ive got an on-road racer, THINK its a "DG" models or similar. Currently in bits as i took it apart last summer for cleaning and am too lazy to put it back together!

Be careful mate, if it pulls away as quick as mine, it'll be into a curb/wall/other hard object in no time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M C STORM
    Hey buddy! any vids yet??
    Not yet... not had it running yet. Well, not properly!!

Thanks
    • joshwa's system
      • Motherboard:
      • PC Chips M577 AT/ATX
      • CPU:
      • AMD K6-2 500Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 128mb PC100 SDRAM
      • Storage:
      • 8GB Fujitsu
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 AGP (16mb)
      • PSU:
      • ATX 500watt
      • Case:
      • Midi Tower AT
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 98 SE
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" TFT Widescreen
    Not yet... not had it running yet. Well, not properly!!
    how quick does it or should it go? i'd love one but can't justify the expense :/

Thanks
    It's a .21 engine which should see it push 45mph quite easily. A .25 engine would get you 50-55 mph and anything above their are little improvments.

The advantage of this car, or cars similar, is that you can jump it off virtually anything and it'll have minimal damage, or none at all if you land it correctly. Whereas stadium trucks might be more nimble but cant take big jumps.

O\/\/N3D
    Thanks
    It's a .21 engine which should see it push 45mph quite easily. A .25 engine would get you 50-55 mph and anything above their are little improvments.

The advantage of this car, or cars similar, is that you can jump it off virtually anything and it'll have minimal damage, or none at all if you land it correctly. Whereas stadium trucks might be more nimble but cant take big jumps.

Yeah mines the Picco .26 engine and correctly geared it will do not far off 60

Ive "bulletproofed" my one i.e all the standard plastic parts have been swapped for alloy/titanium it would be seriousy hard to damage it (although 60 into a tree or wall or something wouldn't be good lol)

GREAT fun these things although it really eats the fuel - little compared to the grin on my face when I drive it down the local BMX track

Thanks
    I bought myself a Nitro RC car last christmas and have become addicted since then. Started off with a 1/10th Road car, but that lasted a couple of weeks before it started to cost me a fortune in parts for repairs. I then decided that off road would suit my driving style better. Since then I have had several cars but have settled with my Savage S25 and FG Monster Beetle. Below are some short videos of my cars in action. I have some others of the FG which I will post once I have edited them. The last crash in the Savage ripped a hole in the engine crank case and snapped the engine mounts, as well as blowing up two shocks and bending the exhaust manifold. I am guessing they had been going for a while as it wasn't even a big jump....
    At least it gives me an excuse to buy that .28 engine I have been loking at for ages....

www.glgoode.co.uk/files/Savage.wmv
    www.glgoode.co.uk/files/fg.wmv
    Last edited by elglg; 15-01-2005 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elglg
    I bought myself a Nitro RC car last christmas and have become addicted since then. Started off with a 1/10th Road car, but that lasted a couple of weeks before it started to cost me a fortune in parts for repairs. I then decided that off road would suit my driving style better. Since then I have had several cars but have settled with my Savage S25 and FG Monster Beetle. Below are some short videos of my cars in action. I have some others of the FG which I will post once I have edited them. The last crash in the Savage ripped a hole in the engine crank case and snapped the engine mounts, as well as blowing up two shocks and bending the exhaust manifold. I am guessing they had been going for a while as it wasn't even a big jump....
    At least it gives me an excuse to buy that .28 engine I have been loking at for ages....

www.glgoode.co.uk/files/Savage.wmv
    www.glgoode.co.uk/files/fg.wmv

Nice vids

That last landing made me wince! Poor car! Hopefully I wont be doing that the first time I use mine! I like the 2 wheeling on the savage. What were the tyres doing when you managed to keep it going for a while??

Them FG Marders are awesome. Very fast. Why was you running it 'naked'? Did you smash the shell on the jump where it landed square on it's back?

Thanks
    When it is on two wheels the tyres that aren't touching the ground inflate with air because they are spinning so fast, which is why they baloon like that.

I was running the FG without the shell because in that second jump i snapped the body posts that hold the shell on. I think I have only ran it with the shell on for around half an hour in the time I have had it as the posts brake really easily. I am looking into mounting the shell in a different way, as it looks a lot better with the shell on.

Thanks
    Have you got the Savage back up and running yet?

Elglg, have you got any good R/C links / shops etc?

Thanks
    I haven't sorted the savage out yet, going to have to wait until the end of the month when I get paid. Then I will order a LRP .28 Engine, which should give me quite a bit more power than the old S25.

I buy most of my Savage stuff from
    www.modelsinmotion.co.uk mostly because they have free shipping on orders over £15
    but I also use
    www.modelsport.co.uk
    www.gmmodels.co.uk
    and Ebay.

Some Forums:
    www.savage-central.com
    www.rcuniverse.com
    www.rcpics.net loads of videos on here

I saw your other thread about an RC meet in Shepshed, if I was still at uni, Loughborough, I would have come along, would make a change to have a bash with more people.

Thanks
    I think I'd need some help getting mine up and running properly, hence the meet

Thanks for the links, I'll go check out some vids now

I'm a member on another forum too... http://rc-forums.co.uk. Mainly Rush Evo owners on their though.

Thanks
    i used to have a petrol powered model plane, i was too young to even assemble it and it's stilling lying under my bed in my old house...-.- what a waste..i still feel guilty..

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information