Thread: Confused

Thanks

Confused

I'm sorry if this might be a wrong place to put this thread in..you mods can move it if you want...

I don't know what to do, I'm so confused. I guess I just need some comfort or something like that, thing's are going really badly right now. Why do you have to fall in love?! especially with someone who hasn't got feelings for you? But well, that's life I guess. Not so nice though.

Then the school is putting a lot of pressure on me and my parents. I haven't got the guts to fight all this back as it is right now. Which means both school and my parents are givning me a hard time. And it seems none of my friends can really understand me!

And these problems above have given me an even bigger problem..I can't eat. And please just don't say: "Well, try to eat just little in the beggining and the increase the meals" it doesn't work..I've been trying.
    And I told my mother about this and she simply answered: "Well, it's good that you're losing weight"..

Oh is it? When I've lost 4½ kg in 2 weeks? Well, she seems to think so!

*phew*... I'm gonna collapse!

Love, Peace and Linux

Thanks

Arrow

Not gonna give medical advice, but I have some experience on the not being able to eat part....

A few years ago, I had major trouble eating.. When I say trouble, it basically felt like I was gonna choke when I attempted to eat anything, not the nicest of feelings... I'd just quit uni and was majorly stressed. I fainted one day and my parents called in the doc. He sent me for tests etc to make sure it wasnt anything physically wrong with me, which there wasnt... It was stress.. Doc prescribed some drinks, wasnt medication it was a kind of a meal in a drink, which I used while I basically learnt how to eat again. Still to this day, sometimes if i'm stressed or just overly tired, I can still have a little trouble, but its something i've come to live with.. Looking back at it, similar thing happend when I was doing exams at school, for about two weeks I had trouble eating, but at the time I didnt associate the two together. Altogether the whole thing lasted about 18mths, basically because I didnt go see a doc when it first started...

What i'm saying is dont ignore the trouble you're having with eating, go see a doc sooner rather than later.. Or if you dont feel you can goto the docs, try and find someone who you can sit and talk to, I know that might not be what you want to hear, but talking is good..
    Last edited by NiROE; 03-12-2004 at 12:33 PM.
    ~NiROE~

Spider pig, spider pig
    Thanks
    God, I really hate it whn that happens, I'm the king of falling for people I can't have.. the latest was a housemate! Argh! I'm afraid that is one that you just have to deal with in your own time. I don't know what propbelms school is giving you, but I guss the best plan isn't really normally to fight it, but to try and figure out what teachers and your parents want, and try and work things out...

As to the not eating, well, it sounds to me more like stress rather than depression, but I guess there's not that much difference... how is your sleep? Sleep is one of the most important things. Other things to do - drink water, might well make you feel hungry with salt imbalances etc, and is good for you anyway. Excercise is good, go for short walks, ther fresh air will probably do you good too. Try and relax, I always found that listening to music was good for this, but you may have your own way of relaxing.

The other thing you might want to try if you're feeling particularly tense is to try different relaxation techniques, these work differently for different people, but seem to generally work quite well. Try googling for 'relaxation techniques', it came up with a few when I did it.

Being a religious sort of bloke I can pray for you, but it's up to you as to whether you think this will have any effect. Can't really hurt though, can it?

Hope that some of the above is of use to you!

Thanks
    Moonshade, one thing to ask you.... When you say you cant eat, is it because you just arent hungry or you cant physically eat...
    ~NiROE~

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    God, I really hate it whn that happens, I'm the king of falling for people I can't have.. the latest was a housemate! Argh! I'm afraid that is one that you just have to deal with in your own time. I don't know what propbelms school is giving you, but I guss the best plan isn't really normally to fight it, but to try and figure out what teachers and your parents want, and try and work things out...

As to the not eating, well, it sounds to me more like stress rather than depression, but I guess there's not that much difference... how is your sleep? Sleep is one of the most important things. Other things to do - drink water, might well make you feel hungry with salt imbalances etc, and is good for you anyway. Excercise is good, go for short walks, ther fresh air will probably do you good too. Try and relax, I always found that listening to music was good for this, but you may have your own way of relaxing.

The other thing you might want to try if you're feeling particularly tense is to try different relaxation techniques, these work differently for different people, but seem to generally work quite well. Try googling for 'relaxation techniques', it came up with a few when I did it.

Being a religious sort of bloke I can pray for you, but it's up to you as to whether you think this will have any effect. Can't really hurt though, can it?

Hope that some of the above is of use to you!

Thanks sweetie! Meant alot to me, to get that answer really. Well, if you're the king of falling for people you can't have, then I'm the Queen. It really sucks, doesn't it? Well, I've started talking with some friends in my class and I'm gonna try just go with the flow with that part, although it's very hard.

Hm, the not-eating-part is both depression and stress Which doesn't make the whole thing a lot easier does it? I don't really know what to do actually, turns out my parents are really happy that I've lost weight, which doesn't make me feel better. I'm now terrified of gaining weight again!

I'm doing a lot of exrecise and stuff, that's one of the reason I'm losing weight so quickly. And as others have told me, I have to go see someone..my classmate is a 100% sure that I've gotten Anorexia . (she once had it, so I guess she knows about it?). But to be sure, I'm gonna se a doc, or something similar. No need to try with my parents, they don't listen.

My sleep is okay, it's not that bad at least. Not that I'm really a believer, but thanks for the pray! As you said, it can't really hurt!

Thank you everyone! You're so nice, I'm glad I have you guys!

//Moonshade
    Love, Peace and Linux

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NiROE
    Moonshade, one thing to ask you.... When you say you cant eat, is it because you just arent hungry or you cant physically eat...
    Thank you for your answer, it meant (as said above) a lot. It's physically, maybe you could read what I wrote to Alex, kinda answers your post too. I'm gonna try to see a doc.

Hugs,
    //Moonshade.
    Love, Peace and Linux

Thread Information