Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad Day - Part 1

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    I can understand kicking up a fuss, if you felt it was unjust and you'd worked there for a year or more. But still in probation period its not worth the stress/hassle of it.

If Allen is relying on this job as a reference, then leaving peacefully is the best thing to do in my opinion. Much better likelyhood of a good reference, "left of own accord" rather than went through disciplinary and was sacked, which could happen if he decides to challenge it.

Its allens choice at the end of the day, we can only offer advice. He's the one that has to live with the concequences of his actions.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

ERU
    Thanks
    Bad news Allen but you never know it could lead to better thing in the future mate.
    All the best getting back on the wagon of life's slavery

Thanks
    Employers don't HAVE to give a reference, and their refusal to give a reference speaks volumes to a prospective employer.

They aren't allowed to give you bad a reference, but many companies now send out a standard ratings style reference sheet to your old employers. This has scales on it covering things like time keeping, appearance etc etc. There's nothing to stop any employer filling this is in with low scores... all they are doing is giving their opinion and not actually slandering or defaming you, provided they can back up the reference with documented proof.

If I were you I'd go quietly but see if you can't get an agreement for a decent reference letter before you leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information