Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Utterly horrific. please help this stop.

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    Hey cmon lets not get personal now ok. Stop the childish insults you bunch of t**s

Shiato this is barbaric but theres not a chance that any of us can do anything to stop it. To us its deeply worng but to those doing this its their way of life. Its a tradition to them. Im not saying that makes it right but whether you believe this act to be right or wrong is purely down to your own perception of this event

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    no punky thats not what I said - can you read? well I guess you can, put that wacky tobacky down and read it again...
    I said:
    I don't go around stamping on slugs because I want too, nor spiders or ants. there's no reason for it, i know lots of people do but how am I going to stop them?
    no its simply a case of them destroying NOT ONLY beautiful animals BUT ALSO having nothing in place that supports the populations from which their 'meat' is taken. and thirdly i love dolphins so I can't see why they should continue this activity in today's attitudes towards wildlife etc.
    oh no - sorry to have quoted myself but I think you might have misinterpreted my post. I do not go around jumping on spiders simply for the fact that there is no reason for it. and yes it must upset the food chain a bit but think about this a moment;
    killing 2000+ dolphins. thats 2000 animals bigger than a grown man. think how much food they put away each time they feed in order to survive!
    ok simplify - feed on dolphin how much food a day?100 sardines? more? - in a school of 2000 dolphins thats already a lot of sardines that need to go around.
    squish a spider in the bath - not quite the same impact I'm afraid but I understand where you're coming from, and I appologise if I insulted your intelligence back there - i'm just pissed off at what they appear to be getting away with here. damn it.
    Powered by Marmite and Wet Dog
    Light Over Water Photography

Thanks
    true steve - but enough voices can make others see at least whats going on and perhaps not bring it entirely to a top but a form of 'damage limitation' ... making sure that there is a definite way that dolphin populations are not decimated by this but are able to recover somewhat.
    Powered by Marmite and Wet Dog
    Light Over Water Photography

Thanks

Its called fishing

It's called fishing.

Seriously though, jumping on the bandwaggon due to one (recently publicised) incident is not going to save the world, or change your life or that of the dolphins. You'll have forgotten about it by the time you eat your tea tomorrow, which may very well be fish, and if not, will almost certainly contain mammal.

If you're against killing dolphins, you should be against killing all animals. Period.

Unless, perhaps they're endangered, which dolphins aren't, along with baby seals, foxes, and, incidentally, most fish.

Having said that, there's no real evidence that species becoming extinct effects the eco-system at all.

Don't go mad because of the "iddie baby" dolphins getting butchered. Go mad at animals being butchered, or shut up. And that should most likely include insects, rats, spiders, snakes and certain forms of fungus.

I personally think we should solve the problems in our own species (disease, poverty, hostility, etc. etc.) before we worry about sealife, vermin, sentient vegetables and rocks.

I object to greenpeace etc. spending hundreds of thousands of pounds dragging sick whales of beaches or whatever.

Having said that, I concur that the millenium dome and the £500 a roll wallpaper in parliament or whatever, are less worthy.

And the reason I hate fox hunting, is because all the people that do it are ponces.

What a rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish world it is.

And yes, I know Dolphins are mammals and they have 150,000 different squeaks representing kinds of water.

I expect hostility...

------------------------------------
    Give a man a fish...

Thanks
    i think you too have missed the point, if such fishing continues what happens? dolphins no longer around. i'm sure many people don't want to see that happening. and what of other species we ovr fish - look at cod for example. populations are utterly buggered now, thanks to us humans.
    survival of the fittest? ok - you go out and kill a rabit or catch a fish for your food. go on. can you? really? no, thought not - its not about that is it. today all you need to do is go to tescos or somewhere, so that hardly promotes survival of the fittest. if we did live by that principle many of us would not be here today.
    this world is too over populated and if you look at studies done on over populated species the will suddenly collapse - either by lack of resources (food etc) or wide-spread disease. ok so we have doctors that can help a bit but what about these 'super-bugs' and things, we're already seeing infectious diseases that can't be stopped in parts of the world, and in tightly pack populations these things spread like wild-fire. just look at the common cold, or more recently that cruise ship 'aurora' ...