Thread: Sapphire Tech customer support

Thanks

Sapphire Tech customer support

Is it crap?

Ive tried ringing since Monday morning leaving it to ring out everytime. not one glimmer of anyone even been there to answer. And emailed 4 times over 2 weeks all left unresponded.

Ive even sent an email to athlonmicro who look after some Sapphire RMA's.. no joy.

I'm tempted to try and speak to Centerprise...

They suck.
    Last edited by Vini; 27-06-2006 at 01:47 PM.

DR
    Thanks
    Did you contact where you bought the product from? Where did you buy it from? What happened with RMA'ing to them. The first recourse is to the reseller. If it isn't satisfactory you should contact.

Athlonmicro are in the states.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/uk/support/support.php

http://www.sapphiretech.com/uk/

Thanks
    Local reseller which has gone pop

I've previously dealt with them in a quick fashion, but now they seem to have died. Heck i used to be on first name terms with some of them. Serves me right for losing touch.

I'd be happier if they said this number no longer exists, not just stick a phone on a line in 4 floors underground.

They have 3 tickets and 2 direct emails spanning 2 weeks from me, and as stated ive been calling since Monday morning.

Gonna give stateside a call now their up and see if they know the whereabouts of the UK goons.

[e!] well, how waiting for the States to catchup has back fired. Calling the US number takes me to AthlonMicro with a Yankeedoodle Woman proclaiming their offices are open from 9-5.30 -- not sure which timezone that might be because surely the only timezone that would fall outside that would be HK and Aussies?

[e! x2] my bad Cali is only 08:40
    Last edited by Vini; 27-06-2006 at 04:40 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    You mentioned that you had called USA at 08:40 that would be 04:40 over there as they are -5 hours. by double clicking your windows toolbar (time display) and click on the time zone tab and you will see what time USA should be.
    As for the numbers of tickets raise no way did you raise one in the European section, there are precisely 2 unanswered tickets there and none was from you.
    The telephone number you rang is more than likely the sales number, even I don't get a call back let alone a non direct Sapphire customer.
    As for emails they are up to date, no more than 2 or 3 days behind. I take offence by you calling us names. If you want help look properly like the Sapphire forum and there is a sticky there with all the relevant information.

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    your calling the wrong company

You need to contact EQS limited - rma@eqscomputers.com

and ask them for an RMA. They deal with all of sapphires EU RMAs as far as I know, I used them myself a few weeks ago when my 12 month(ish) old X800 broke - costs 25quid in admin fees but I got a replacement card within a week..they were great as far as an RMA goes anyway.
    Last edited by Spud1; 27-06-2006 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks
    Hi EQSRay, The number i called was the one listed on the sapphire site as:

- UK Office: Tel: +44 1793 423830

The form i used to create ticket(s) [3 of] was the one on the uk site here:

- http://www.sapphiretech.com/uk/support/createticket.php

The first was sent: Monday 19/06/2006 @ 12:07 and was autoresponded 2 minutes later at 12:09 with:

Your request has been received and will be addressed in the order in which it was received.

You will be notified via email once resolved or if we should require any additional information.

Global Ticket ID# 1-0

Thank You
    Sapphire Tech Support

The second was sent: Thursday 22/06/2006 @ 16:28 and was autoresponded 3 minutes later at 16:31 with:

Your request has been received and will be addressed in the order in which it was received.

You will be notified via email once resolved or if we should require any additional information.

Global Ticket ID# 1-0

Thank You
    Sapphire Tech Support

The third was sent: Monday 26/06/2006 @ 10:12 and was autoresponded 1 minutes later at 10:13 with:

Global Ticket ID# 1-0

Thank You
    Sapphire Tech Support
    Where've they gone?

Do you have a direct contact for someone with whom i can email and get this looked into?

Thanks
    ahh, now it might all come apparent. ive just tried to submit the same form as per the 3 previous times and noticed a site error.

Registered+
    Thanks
    For RMA with the service centre you need to email rma@eqscomputers.com (same as the other customer suggested). Current ticket is 1-9159. Therefore 1-0 is definitely wrong. email is the most efficient method for support and the address is eutech@sapphiretech.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini
    Is it crap?

They suck.
    Indeed they do...

I bought a card just over 5 months ago - Sapphire X800 GTO2 256MB GDDR3 V/D/VO - and it's become an RMA case, however my supplier has ceased trading and Sapphire are wanting to charge £25.85 GBP as an 'administration fee' for me to return the card to them.

Hell i even know the cause of the issue and the solution. (Dry Joints - Cap fallen off -- I was an RMA Tech myself for 2 years.)

I could even fix the problem myself as i know the cap's location, though my soldering skills aint too hot. Good enough to not have to fork out another £26 for their 'admin' fee.

I was wondering if this is even legal? It probably is, but with the UK's warranty etc... are they allowed to charge an 'admin fee'?

Any thoughts?

Definitely going to avoid Sapphire after this run around.

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    hmm well another RMA question here..maybe someone will know.

As I mentioned above I RMAd my card to sapphire/eqs, and it was returned working fine. However, it has now broken again - with exactly the same fault! On attempting to turn on my PC this morning it just wouldnt boot up, giving me the beep codes to indicate a graphics card failure....once again replacing the card with a shoddy old PCI one lets it boot fine

So obviously I will be RMAing again, and have emailed eqs about this, but does anyone know where I stand with the admin fee? ie would I have to pay again?

Thanks
    you have to pay an admin fee even tho your gfx card is in warranty?? pff i aint ever getting a sapphire card then sounds like a right con

Thread Information